main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WOTR Open Cockpit Days - Saturday, August 8 @ 10 am

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Nov 13, 2011.

1. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Hope you were able to get something done on the X-wing on Sunday. I'll have to find a Friday or Saturday in April to work on R2. With Starfest and DCC coming up I'm getting really busy at home with the droids these days, but I do want to at least fix the ring if possible. It just won't be during an Open Cockpit day. Anybody want to help on this, probably on Sat. March 30th?

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    We lucked out and had a newbie who is also an electronics person, so we at least got the dome lit up again. :D I can be there on the 30th to hand tools if you need it. I'm not allowed to play with electricity though. I've been banned for life.

catz44 likes this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Come one, come all, costume or not. The Pod Racer will be unveiled for semi-permanent display. The green screen with be there as well so if you need submission photo this is a perfect time to get them. After 2pm you can go over to the Beer Gardens and hang out and meet new friends. Sounds like there should be a lot of people there.

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    How did it go?

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    The podracer reveal event was awesome!! We had a whole bunch of costumed characters, and Jim Shima's droid was a big hit! Filming got done rather early in the day, so quite a few of us kitted down because of lack of air conditioning inside the building (big cooling units were put in place sometime during the day). There weren't that many paying attendees to come and see the new podracer, but the kids who were there were very happy to see it! Liam (Brack's son) was the most awesome podracer Ani ever, explaining to all the kids about the podracer's history. And the green screen was a hit as always. Afterwards we all went to the beer garden next door for some fun socializing and great food.

The podracer is on loan from Seattle, so if you want to see it (yep, it's a screen-used one) make a trip to WOTR soon with your family and friends. I have no idea how long it will be there, but Jeff and his helpers really went the extra mile to put it all together and make repairs at the last minute for this event.

DieWompRatDie likes this.