main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WOTR X-Wing Open Cockpit - July 9th 10AM-2PM

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Dec 2, 2006.

1. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Sorry, Zoo- I didn't realize you couldn't update the title and hadn't poked my head in here for awhile.

I can fight for the Rebellion Saturday morning if open cockpit is still a go. :cool:

2. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    I'm not going to be able to make it to this one, I have to work this weekend.

3. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    I have to teach class...can't come out and play! :_|

4. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    oops. Just saw this. I cannot make it this weekend either....

5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I probably won't be there. I got begged to help at the flower shop. Weddings. [face_hypnotized]

As long as Joe can stay till 2:00, you should be okay, Zoo.

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Gundark is THE MAN! =D=[:D] He's gonna be out there in case anyone wants to come out and play. I'll get it all setup for him and he's gonna be the lone wolf pilot... Some might even call him a rogue. [face_mischief]

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I wish I could. There would only be a slight, slight chance that I could make it.

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    You are the man Joe! Wish we could be there but I have a bunch of tings to get mailed out.

9. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Had a great time today!

Teh crowd was light but it really was an awesome morning/afternoon.

Awesome moment #1 - A boy, about 7 or 8, came running full speed at the X-Wing with stars in his eyes and a huge grin, stopped and looked for a minute and as I greeted him and asked if he liked SW, he said, grin in place "No! Airplanes!" and took off at mach 1 toward another exhibit.

Awesome moment #2 - A girl, 9 or 10 came up to me and gave me a big hug without saying a word. I asked her who her favorite SW character was and she said "[face_love] Haaan[face_love] ". I asked her which movie was her favorite and she said "[face_love] Haaan[face_love] ". Then I asked "Who shot first, Han or Greedo?" and without missing a beat, "[face_love] Haaan[face_love] ". Adorable.

10. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    That's awesome, I wish I could Have made it!

11. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Thank you Gundark!!!!!!!!

It was packed out at Centennial for the B-17 event.

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Fantastic! Thanks again for stepping up, man. That was awesome!

FYI - I am trying to setup a photo shoot with a still photographer to get some really good shots of the X-Wing for the upcoming website overhaul. I may be putting out a call for some set dressing (costumed people) in the process. As soon as the photographer gives me some possible dates, I will let everyone know.

13. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I stopped by, it was great to finally see the xwing and it was nice to meet you Gundark! Hopefully we can make it to the next one as well.

We had a great time though. Took our first family pic at the xwing and my husband had a great time looking at all the jets and planes that are at the museum.

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    It's that time again! [face_dancing]

So, who's up for playing with a life-sized toy?

15. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I can't. I'll be sniffing paint fumes Saturday morning. I mean, painting 3 pairs of Endor pants and a trench coat or two.

17. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    All of my fun Saturday plans have gone up in smoke. Sorry, I will be unable to attend after all=(

18. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    I'm a no go too..... packing!:_|

19. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Because my supervisor decided to take an unannounced vaction and we've had to pick up the slack, my schedule's kinda messed up and I'm already running on fumes so I must respectfully bow out this month. Sorry guys.

:( :mad:

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Looks like I might be flying solo this weekend :(

21. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    my family is on it's way with a mouse droid hold on we'll be there soon Zoo!

22. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    Sorry we missed you Zoo, but we did show up and there was a cool mouse droid driving around for about a half of an hour;I stopped by to see if you needed help cleaning up, again sorry I missed you.Maybe next time!!

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Aw, man! Sorry I missed you! It's hard going solo, and I only made it until 1PM. :(

I'm thinking that we need to have another cleaning day. The old girl is really filthy again. :(

24. jedijaysin

Jan 15, 2011
    I showed up just after 1:pm,There was a lady that asked a lot of questions about the x wing and took a lot of photos for her son and grandson.She thought we were a great group and plans on visiting next month with her son and grandson.At least I made one person happy today and my son got to drive the mouse droid around.Again sorry I missed u Zoo.

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    This Sunday, July 24th, from Noon to 2PM we have a fantastic photographer coming out to do a photo-shoot with the X-Wing. We'd like to have some "set dressing," so if you want to come out, stand around and get treated like a moveable mannequin, then come on out! If there's time she's offered to also do personal portraits (free digital files, or you can order professionally printed portraits from her website).

Please let me know if you will be able to make it.