main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WOTR X-Wing Open Cockpit - July 9th 10AM-2PM

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Dec 2, 2006.

1. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm getting ready to head out.

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Okay... Someone can shoot me now. 8-}

First off... There was a little event going on with Open Cockpit Day... Which meant we had about 400-500 people going through the museum.

I was alone for the first 30 minutes or so, and it was a little scary. I was never so happy to see a Russian Satellite in my life. And then the Sith arrived with PB M&M's and all was good.

We also had turned R2 down during the memorial and he hadn't been turned back up, which means that he in fact was in perfect working order. I just didn't know where the volume knob was at. :oops: Thankfully our Electronics Wizard showed up with his padawan and we were all set.

Lastly, as we were closing up for the day at 2PM (just like normal), we were assaulted by a *gentleman* (and I use that term loosely) informed us that OPen Cockpit was scheduled for later, because of the event. This was not information I was given, and I only scheduled for our normal 10-2, which I flatly told him. Made for a lovely end to the day. :p

However, all of this was well worth the trouble, because the X-Wing was once again the belle of the ball and had kids (big and small) smiling from ear to ear. The new cockpit modifications were a huge hit, and several of our return visitors were very excited with the additions. There was also great interest from the larger kids with the memorial in the cockpit.

WE have also learned a few things about how to operate things with the new cockpit mods, and a few things we need to fix if we are even going to attempt the same thing @ C4 (which we are still not sure will be feasible at this point). I'm hoping we can get one more Open Cockpit day before it ships off to L.A. for the event, but the museum is going to be closing for the roof/ceiling repairs for approximately one month. So, we'll have to see what happens.

And big thanks go out to Sputnik for not only buying lunch, but also for braving that ridiculous line! =D=

And if you haven't seen the bird lately... You really should take a look, because hyperdyne has added yet another wonderful trick to the old girl. [face_devil]

3. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    You forgot to mention the couple that stopped by in matching Canadian tuxedos.

4. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Pics. We need pics! I never took them when we installed the new cockpit panel.

Sorry I had to work today or I would have been there.

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a few from last week... But OW also has some great ones at his Yahoo!Photos account from the memorial. And Obi_W has a video as well, but that's gonna take a little more time

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
  7. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Nice! It looks like Jim did a fantastic job with the lighting and install of Tim's pic! Kudos, gang. I'm sorry work kept me away.

Kev

8. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    Great pics OW, thanks for taking them!

Zoo, I know what you mean. James and I stuck around til about 3:30 or 4pm. I even saw some people go under the ropes and sit in the xwing cockpit - even after it was closed down!! Ugh. I couldnt get over there since I was in line for something else, but it ticked me off anyway. People must think if there is an open cockpit and ladder nearby, they are somehow entitled to just hop in.

After that I kept my eye on the xwing. Then I decided to just shut off everything so the xwing didnt get anymore unwanted attention...

9. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Getting Confirmation from Susan (because there is a special event on the schedule that night) that we need a crew for Open Cockpit Day on April 14th.

Anyone wanting to signup (tentatively) for this will be greatly appreciated. I want to use this as a dry run for CIV, so I need at least 4 people. I make one, which means I need at least 3 more. :)

And it would be really great if someone could bring a video camera to record how we run an Open Cockpit Demo to show the LFL and LACC folks. Thanks!

10. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Zoo, I can be there. Would ANH Leia be acceptable? Or would you prefer jeans a the X-Wing shirt?

11. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Either way... I need crowd control as well as another body to man the cockpit on occasion. Crowd Control can wear whatever they like :D

And as always... 10AM-2PM

I'll get JKB to fix the header later. :p

12. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Sorry, I'd love to do the dry run for C4, but I'll be out in Fremont that weekend. Do we know someone that has a video camera or is it time for me to buy one of those nifty HD digital recorders...?

13. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I'm sure to be there Zoo!

14. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I will be there for at least part of it.

15. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Don't see why I can't be there unless that is the day Jeff has the building party at our house. I'm so blonde at this moment I can't even tell you!!!! New job, that I love & they love me & think I'm Supergirl or something because they are trusting me with WAY too much right now, but oh well.

I can be in my pilot costume too. I have a video camera, it might need to be plugged in if we use it too much. I know Michael has used the film to computer, but he is really good with that stuff, so not sure how much work that is. I have a tri-pod too.

Can someone change the title to this thread, and isn't there a pancake B-fast that day too? Enquiring minds must know!

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    JKB is *supposed* to have fixed it already... Such a slacker. ;)

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    You're the author, you can change it!!!

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Oops [face_blush]

For some reason I was thinking someone else started this one. [face_blush]

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    You Crazy & Wild child!

20. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Just a reminder... This Saturday!

21. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I know!!!

I will be there!!!

ready to cause some mischief;)

22. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I hope everyone is ready for some fun today!

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Well I'm not, you were to let me know if it was still a go :(

24. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    THIS JUST IN FROM ZOO: Open Cockpit for April 14th, 2007 is CANCELED.

25. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Any particular reason why? Not that I showed up or anything.