main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WOTR X-Wing Open Cockpit - July 9th 10AM-2PM

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Dec 2, 2006.

1. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    They don't tell me doodly.

[/end movie quote]

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Conflicting events... And they forgot to call me [face_not_talking]

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Due to an unknown shipping date, and the fact that I can't be there... There is no Open Cockpit for the X-Wing this month. :(

4. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    Let me guess, nobody has a clue when/if the xwing is shipping out?!?

:confused:

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    That's okay... Apparently no one bothered to tell the facilities guys at WOTR. I had to break the news to them last weekend. [face_laugh]

6. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Due to the new job, I'll need some advance notice. During the week shouldn't be a big issue as we have a full crew at work for time off.

7. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Hey let me know, right now i am jobless so i can be there!

let me know if you need my phone #

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    That's right, we actually have a whole week and a day's notice for the next load out. [face_laugh]

For those that are not aware, Royal has finally retired to a life of leisure (effective Friday May 11th), so Matthew and the boys are looking for some assistance in getting the old girl loaded out for the big event. COS will be there to direct traffic, but we need some strong backs, weak minds, and gentle hearts to carry our girl onto the moving truck. So, sign up here!

9. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i can't really lift heavy stuff...so strong back is out. i can come just for fun. :)

10. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    That would be an obstacle... We're trying to get a 3500lb piece of equipment into a tractor trailer without a loading dock, by lifting one end up with a fork lift, the other with the gate lift and then backing the truck up to roll it inside.

11. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    Folks, we still need some help. If you're off on Friday and can lend some help or support, please post below.

12. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    What time?

13. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    I'll be there as of 7:30am. The truck is usually there around 9am, but who knows until the truck company calls.

14. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I feel like Kinko's owes me dinner or something. :rolleyes:

/goes off mumbling about spending $80 to laminate X-Wing instructions/

15. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    COS and old boys at the museum need your help tomorrow! PLEEEEEEEASE help him out :) [face_praying]

16. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Kev. I get off work at 2, unless I get sent to the hospital. I call you when I get off. If I cant reach you Ill stop by on my way home.

17. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    X-Wing's gone and will be there Tuesday at 8am. Thank Matthew next time you see him - it was me, the truck driver, Matthew, and another worker there (I forget his name). I had everything but the wings off by the time the truck arrived. Two of the gunports will need epoxied when it arrives. Other than that, it should be fine. Might want to hunt down some nuts for the engine attachment. The bag of screws, bolts, washers, etc. is inside the cradle and R2 is disassembled in the cockpit with the black shrouds.

May she travel well! :)

Kev

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    You are a prince among men!

19. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    THANK YOU KEVIN

I am torturing, I mean thanking Matthew now=)

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Kevin, thank you sooo much!!!

I wish I could've been there, but I'm taking too much time off as it is. Thanks for helping our bird get out safely. Now I pray that she travels and arrives well. [face_praying]

21. hyperdyne

Nov 1, 2004
    Wow, thanks Kev! That was fast.

I owe you one, thanks for making sure everything got packed up well this time!

I will bring some epoxy and CA glue with me to LA.

22. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    Cool! Thanks Jim! Everyone loves the new lighting and Steve Sansweet wants to see the cockpit now. ;)

23. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    The folks from Hazard Squadron are also helping out by bringing tools. I told them that TSA might have some issues with us bringing the tools of destruction on the plane with us. I mean, look at what we've done with a fictional piece of aircraft, and imagine what we could do with the real thing. [face_mischief] [face_skull]

24. hyperdyne

Nov 1, 2004
    Good point. I am packing all that stuff with Cal so he can drive it out. I cant imagine the horrible TSA rectal exam after being caught with glue. :eek:

25. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    The most important thing is a 15/16ths open end wrench for attaching the wings. It took Matthew and I a while to find one at the museum. What happened to our tools?

A hammer, 15/16th open end wrench, a big screwdriver, a small (tiny) vice grip wrench to attach the engines, and a phillips electric screwdriver was all I needed to take her apart today.