main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Would A Force User Be Effective on Earth ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by PadawanGussin, Sep 24, 2017.

1. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    Just for the sake of some fun discussion -

I know I get a bit nerd driven at the end but think it s fun think about stuff like this once in a while.

Midi-chlorians , The life form that give Force users their abilities appear to be isolated to that galaxy far far away. At the very least there does not appear as though there is a population of this life form in our own galaxy as we do not have Force Users on Earth.

If a Force user were to find their way here would they retain their Force specific abilities or would the distance involved break the connection ?

IMO - MCs create the energy field that individual Beings are able to access at different levels due to their overall MC count. ("it surrounds us, penetrates us and binds the galaxy together") There must be some minimum critical mass needed for the connection from MC thru the Being that the MCs reside in to the overall energy field created by the total population of MCs in the galaxy.

Therefore it is unlikely that this connection could be maintained on Earth.

However if the mode of travel from galaxy to galaxy was via some type of time space bridge and not a ship with hyperdrive would Force energy be able to travel along that bridge to replenish the Force user ? , Perhaps some type of quantum entanglement ? Or might the Whills be able to allow a connection to be maintained?

2. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Actually, the Force is created by life itself, not the midichlorians. They, in a way, act as mediators between living beings (not just Jedi) and the Force. Also, it's tapping into the Force that gives Jedi their powers, not the midichlorians.

3. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Is that true? I thought that in whatever symbiotic exchange there is between the midiclorians and their host, "the force" was the residual by product of energy, like when heat, light or sound is produced as part of a reaction or interaction between matter.

It's kind of like the background radiation of the continuous big bang of life itself.

4. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    I'm going by what Kenobi said in ANH and Qui-Gon said in TPM.

5. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    When was it said that the midiclorians mediate between the living being and the force?

6. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    From what Yoda said to the clones about how any being can benefit from the Force I suspect that something along the lines of datk mayter or CMBR is focused by the MCs into a use able power source by those with a high count. For other beings this process occurs on a much more limited scake but can still be helpful

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As established in the film, midi-chlorians are part of every living cell and without them, life could not exist. Like every fictional element, they are isolated the fictional reality of the movies.

Seagoat likes this.
  8. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    Of course force users would be effective on Earth, how else could Michael Phelps have beaten that shark?

9. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999

In this case, "mediate" is used in the sense of providing a connection between two otherwise unconnected agencies.

Seagoat likes this.
  10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Looking at some politicians in this world, perhaps we have experienced dark-side force users already. :p

11. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    So we can talk to these micro-organisms and one of the things we can talk with them about is what the force wants?

What do Jedi talk about with the midiclorians when it's not about the will of the force?

What if the midiclorians refuse to pass on a Jedi's commands to the force?

12. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    Before trying to understand the Will of the Force, one has to study how to use the Force and all the Force can accomplish. In the old EU or Legends ( I might be mistaken, but I don't believe it's in the current Canon), scientists studied the Force and supposedly discovered it on the planet Tython. Would the Earth and scientists accept and learn from the Jedi or would we try to capture and run tests on Jedi. Would people in power make it public ? Would they say the Jedi is an Alien or of Witchcraft ?

Could the Force be used on Earth ? In my opinion yes the Force runs through life itself, but effectively depends on how the world reacts to the Jedi.