main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would a Hollywood ROTS have been better?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTH-SHREDDER, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    Do you think if ROTS was made more in the stlye of Hollywood films rather than Lucas's style that the film would have been better. I don't want to bash ROTS, but I can't help but wonder if Hollywood would have made some parts a bit more logical to the common watcher, like put more emphasis on the "situation" that was going on when Anakin had to make a choice whether to let Mace kill Palpatine or intervene. I can't help but wonder if Hollywood would have let us know more clearly that this was the decision. Whichever is chosen, will be virtually inrevesable and will decide his fate. I think these points are lacking because of Lucas's style. Though I usually don't like forumlas I think I would have appreciated somewhat of one on this film more in the mold of a Hollywood film.

So, would a Hollywood ROTS have been better?

2. MonkeytheJedi

MonkeytheJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2005
    rots is fine the way it is now leave me alone

3. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Don't want to sound childish with such a simple reply but I need to get to bed so.....No.

4. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    SW belongs to GL,there cant be such thing as a " Hollywood ROTS".

5. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Let's see. A Hollywood version of ROTS...[face_thinking]

Richard Gere as Obi Wan Kenobi

Angelina Jolie as Padme

Danny DeVito as Yoda

And starring as Anakin Skywalker...

...Tom Cruise?:confused:

6. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Sorry Darth, gotta go with a big NO. I love SW for what Lucas does do. not what other people do. or other peoples style. especially Hollywood. some of the Biggest turds i have ever seen were done in the " Hollywood Style " . this movie is considered by Most fans and non fans to be in the top three of all SW.

And just to let you Know, Lucas practically invented the Blockbuster. and Hollywood copied from him. ;)

7. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    I'm talking more about plot and pacing. I'm not saying I'd rather have famous movie stars play every character.

8. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
  9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Edit: We'll see if it works out as it's own thread.

10. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    please stop... [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_| you are killing me ..[face_laugh]:_|

11. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    Well, anybody else? Again, I'm not suggesting we replacde all the actors with Hollywood actors, I just wondered if maybe Hollywood's version of the plot would be better.

12. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Well, anybody else? Again, I'm not suggesting we replacde all the actors with Hollywood actors, I just wondered if maybe Hollywood's version of the plot would be better.

How about explaining what you mean by Hollywood plot in more detail ? Hollywood plots vary all over the place.

13. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    Still NO . read my first post. it's clear as a bell. ;)

14. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I like this man.

And keep Hollywood away from my Star Wars.

15. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    Maybe just a tad more typical whcih might make it a little more logical. Lucas has a very unique style of movies.

16. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    i just don't get your reasoning. Lucas is what makes SW great. it's his. leave the Holyywood stuff to the Michael Bays, and bruchheimers. [face_sick]

17. DarthSidiousIII

DarthSidiousIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    George Lucas created what Hollywood is today...but he's anti-Hollywood. His style is very different, which is strange. I don't get it...in fact, my head almost explodes every time I try to fathom it. He's the most Hollywood director ever, but he's not. It's like trying to explain the beginning of the universe.

18. leia1964

leia1964 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Hollywood directors have the big hollywood studio's pulling their puppet strings; Hollywood studios pay them large sums of money to direct their crappy movies and if the studio doesn't like something about it or thinks it should be more political or this way or that way, they simply do it... because the studio's hold the purse strings. So, I guess, if you want a Star Wars movie that's just like all the other crappy movies in Hollywood (didn't we see some of those this summer?[face_thinking] ) that contain these great "plots" in them then that's fine, its your opinion. For me, and my house, we prefer the non-Hollywood, non-big-puppet-master-studio, plot-all-over-the-place kind of Star Wars... EVERY time!! [face_dancing] And I think there are millions of fans out there who feel the same way. About $382 million dollars worth.;)

19. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I think this calls for Cruisikin

Palpatine as played by an aged John Travolta: KNow the power of scientology the power to save katie holmes from certain death.

Cruisikin: You had me at hello. (yeah I know Renee Zellwegger said but he was in the movie too!!)

20. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    ROTS would fail being made in Hollywood style,though the version we got isn`t perfection,it`s a great episode of the saga

21. DARTH-SHREDDER

May 6, 2005
    I just think the way Anakin turned to the dark side is a bit out of the mainstream.

22. leia1964

Apr 21, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =D=
    That's brilliant... and, yes, some Hollywood big-name actor would have been thrown into the mix. Thank God for GL and his anti-Hollywood movies!!

23. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    Mainstream. so all you want is a Hollywood crapfest?. be happy it's not. rejoice!. :D

24. leia1964

Apr 21, 2005
    Explain a version that would be mainstream? Remember, we had lots of Hollywood movies this summer that were mainstream; I'm thinking of Cinderella Man, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, etc. and people just weren't flocking to see them. So, in your opinion, what constitutes mainstream?

25. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Maybe he means that one of the characters should have outrun an explosion in slow motion. That's become pretty mainstream.[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.