main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Would Ahsoka have been made a Knight if she came back?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vialco, Jun 26, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had once had the idea that either she or Anakin could make a big enough mistake on a mission that she would be reassigned to another Master. That would leave Anakin pissed off at the Council and eliminate the issue you listed as far as him not discussing her in ROTS.

I would not have hated the final arc nearly so much if it weren't so agenda-charged. FEEL SORRY FOR AHSOKA AND HATE THE JEDI RIGHT NOW YOU AUDIENCE PEONS!!!

Valairy Scot likes this.
  2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    *coughEvilPlansNomadDroidscough*

No one's telling you how to feel. I definitely didn't hate the Jedi there (Though I admit to saying "Really Windu?" when he started going on about the will of the Force at the end.)
    I just felt sad for everyone involved in it. The Jedi could only have made the decision to expel her, nothing else was really an option. Their only problem is that instead of admitting to Anakin and Ahsoka that the Senate had them over a pit on the issue, they tried to act like it was their own decision and they had actually found her guilty. They couldn't have known - or at least wouldn't admit to themselves - that said Senate trial would not only push for the death penalty but also be a complete Kangaroo court. And that's why Anakin's trust issues with the Jedi in ROTS actually make sense to me now.
    And this time Palpatine didn't even have to do anything. It was a terrible situation for everyone and everyone came out worse for it.

Not to mention that Ventress chewing out Anakin with a legitimate reason is just priceless.

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I didn't feel there was an agenda either I simply watched the arc and wanted Tarkin to nail her. Alas, as I figured he wasn't permitted to.

4. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Dude, Tarkin won that arc. He wanted to convict a Jedi of the crime in order to discredit them so that he could move into the vaccum created by their removal in the military hierarchy and actually get stuff done right.

Doesn't matter which Jedi it is.

5. MConDA4ever

MConDA4ever Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    Bringing Ahsoka in, would drag away the attention of the audience from Ezra.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's why I don't think they'll bring her in.

Kablob , I agree, everyone was given a raw deal by Palpatine's government, both the Jedi and Ahsoka.

But immediately after that arc I had two impressions of what I was supposed to believe: one, Ahsoka's problems were all the Jedi's fault, and two, a lack of pity for Ahsoka when she left the Order was tantamount to stealing candy from kindergartners or kicking puppies. That and Filoni's comment about "highlighting the flaws of the Jedi" are the reasons I think that arc had an agenda.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Darth Plagueis novel, it's mentioned that the Sith played a big part in giving the Jedi order some extra flaws - Darth Tenebrous's Master (Tenebrous was Plagueis's) opened a "rend in the Force" and as a result, the Force began to slip out of balance and the Jedi began to become complacent, among other things - though they also sensed that the Dark Side was beginning to return, even if they didn't know why.

Plagueis and Sidious work together to tip it even further.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Tenebrous'_Master

8. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Yeah I've seen crazy Ahsoka fans say both of those things, but I just ignore them because it's stupid and oversimplifies it.

Honestly I think a lot of the reason Ahsoka decided to leave was because of what the whole experience showed her was wrong with the Republic, not the Jedi.

That arc highlighted the flaws of everyone involved other than Ventress, whose awesomeness was highlighted instead.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And that's a reasoning I could accept. The only thing I'd add is that I wish she would have said as much to Anakin rather than the lame "how can I trust myself" line.

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It breaks my heart this book was not made canon.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    She does lose to Barriss though. Her awesomeness may have been as much in "telling Ahsoka and Anakin a few home truths" as in combat - though beating stormtroopers without killing them deserves a mention.

12. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Agreed, but hey, it's Star Wars. I'm used to glossing over the occasional lame line in order to make a good reasoning about something. :p

I chalk that up to her not really knowing exactly why she did it at that point, and in that conversation she was more focused on making sure Anakin knew that she wasn't blaming him for anything. Because she would definitely be worried about him thinking that after the way she ranted at him in The Jedi Who Knew Too Much.

She really wasn't in the most rational state of mind for most of that arc, and I can't say I blame her.

Yeah Barriss of all people got the drop on her. Eh, everyone gets jumped sometimes. But watching her yell at Anakin about the Jedi and him not being able to argue back because he actually agreed with her definitely made up for it.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    Let's not forget that Ahsoka also didn't have her shoto with her, so she was hindered. Though I guess the argument could be made that Barriss was also hindered cause she just picked up Ventress' sabers.

14. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    We're talking about Ventress' awesomeness here.

Why Ahsoka lost to Barriss is obvious. She went into that fight already exhausted physically and mentally.

15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    ^This

Plus, Barriss has how many years of experience on her compared to Ahsoka? She's older then her isn't she?

16. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    By four years, yes. Barriss was 20 in that arc.

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Question is, how did Ventress lose to Barriss? Barriss didn't seem especially powerful in the Geonosis arc - she was still a Padawan then. Ventress, in the same period, is capable of taking on Obi-Wan and Anakin simultaneously and living to tell the tale.

Maybe she's very good at "getting the drop on people".

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Didn't Barriss apparently surprised attacked Ventress, knocking her out cold and stealing her lightsabers? I might have to rewatch the episode, but I think that is what happened.

Kablob and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    She seems to have just discovered how to fight dirty. She didn't actually give Ventress a chance to fight back, she just threw a hunk of metal into her face at thirty miles per hour. Then with Ahsoka she fights as unfairly as possible.

TheSilentInfluence and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    I find it hard to believe that Ventress got snuck up on like that. Not to mention she has skills herself on sneaking. Does Barriss know how to hide her presence in the force?

I guess Barriss isn't so impressive in an all out fight. She got beat by Anakin the second he got serious. Though she is very resourceful, as shown in her fight against Ahsoka.

21. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    She was fighting Anakin Freaking Skywalker when he was absolutely furious, of course she didn't stand a chance there.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Well, even if Barriss won, she still had trouble beating Ahsoka. Anakin and Obi-Wan have easily outdueled Ahsoka so...

23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I thought Barriss hid herself when she killed Letta while Ahsoka was in the cell as well.

Anakin's a powerful Jedi though. I wasn't surprised that she got taken down by Anakin so fast.

Anyway, I have a question. Was Barriss a Jedi Knight by this point? Or was she still a Padawan?

Edit: Ninja'd

24. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    I'm pretty sure she was a knight by this point.

Oh and also, Ahsoka isn't really that impressive of a duelist. She failed to at least disarm Hondo. -_-
    I mean, she did hold back but still. Hondo should not have given her trouble at all.
    And Barriss struggles to beat her...

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012