main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Would Ahsoka have been made a Knight if she came back?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vialco, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014

I think in a straight fight with both of them at 100%, Ahsoka would have won against Barriss. (See Brain Invaders) Despite Barriss being older, Ahsoka's a much more lightsaber-oriented Jedi than her. Barriss is a medic.

But Ahsoka was on something like 20% in that fight.

2. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    Perhaps. Though, I'm not sure if Brain invaders is a good feat. Barriss was being mind controlled and I'm not really sure if she was using all of her skill on Ahsoka.

I was pretty much just pointing out that neither Barriss or Ahsoka are that impressive compared to everyone else. IIRC Ahsoka was getting outdueled by an Anakin holding back and also Obi-Wan. She gets driven back by Grievous everytime they duel and struggled against a featless pirate in a duel, and Barriss has struggled to beat her.

I would like to know how Barriss got past security at the jail. Did she use force immersion or camo or something? lol

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Spartan Kobe DanielUK

Thanks for clearing that up.

Kablob

Can you imagine what that episode would have been like if Ahsoka managed to knock that mask off and found out it was Barriss much earlier. She would have been torn or you know, really angry.

Jedi Camo is the best Camo. They have there own line for sale, in fact. :p

Spartan Kobe likes this.
  4. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I like to think that Palps knew she was up to something and had them turn the security on easy mode.

He just wanted to see how it played out.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Barriss had turned don't forget. She got that darkside powerup. Yoda said it's quick to aid you in battle. She was on the top of her game, feelin' alive, Ventress and Ahsoka were exhausted traumatized thousand yard stare cases by this point. No surprise she won.

Plus as someone else mentioned Ahsoka was down to one saber. She had built her combat style heavily around that two sword style, perhaps too heavily to the point of overdependence. With her shoto gone she was at a disadvantage.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    True, but Ahsoka should have still been able to handle Barriss; she has been in tougher duels. I've rewatched that arc so many times and Barriss turning still doesn't make any sense.

7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Probably crawled through a ventilation shaft or something.

8. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Been in tougher duels, yes, but has she actually won any of them?

First Duel with Grievous: Calling that a fight gives her too much credit, she crossed sabers with him for about 15 seconds and spent the rest of it hiding in a closet. And then she almost got killed with her own lightsaber. She only managed to get away because of an environmental interference.

Duel with Ventress: She didn't do bad holding her off one on one, but Ventress won by trapping her in Gunray's cell. If Luminara hadn't come along she would have been dead. And then in the second part of the fight she had Luminara backing her up. The episode made a point of showing that both of them would have been killed one on one with Ventress.

First Duel with Barriss: Ironically, the only one she won. Both of them were disadvantaged by the cold, but it effected Barriss' parasite more.

Duel with Anakin and Obi-Wan: If they had wanted to they could have killed her in seconds, but they were more focused on holding her off while they found a way to stop her being crazy.

Duel with Pre Viszla: Again, she didn't do bad. Like Obi-Wan before her, she was more concerned with getting away from Viszla than actually beating him. She knocked out his jetpack and ran away, but if she had stuck around...well, he put up a good fight against freaking Darth Maul, but that was only until Maul knocked out his jetpack, and Maul was refraining from using the Force to make it look fair to the Death Watch. If Ahsoka got lucky, she might win.

Second Duel with Grievous: This one was actually a real fight, but Grievous was still owning her pretty hard. If she had stuck around longer, she would have been very dead.

Second Duel with Barriss: She went into this fight with every possible disadvantage. She was exhausted, she was stuck using only one lightsaber, she probably could barely form a complete thought, Barriss knew the location well while Ahsoka had never been there until that moment, and Barriss used every dirty trick she had. On a good day she probably would have kicked Barriss' ass, but this wasn't just a bad day. This was on the literal worst day of her life.

9. MConDA4ever

MConDA4ever Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    Bariss Offee is a criminal muderer who tries to wipe out the proof of her guiltyness. Murderers are always brutal. Has nothing to do with the force power.

Ahsoka thinking she is fighting ventress and a CIS conspiracy orchastrated by Dooku.

Edit: Give Ahsoka a true reason and Bariss will be very dead.

Ever saw her killing the trandoshan leader? Or that bad phindian guy in citadel arc?

Brutal!

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

[​IMG]

That pretty much summed up all of her lightsaber fights. Well said Kablob Really. That was the best explination I've heard in regards to Ahsoka and her fights.

11. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    HEY!
    I pretty much said all of that already! lol

12. MConDA4ever

Aug 30, 2014
    Ahsoka is a teenager padawan. As an Adult she would physically dominate many of her lightsaber opponents. Her Force Skills are not very sophisticated. Several times her jedi mindtrick failed against some mandos and trade federation members.

13. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Yoda and Luke(who is only 5'6 which is about Ahsoka's height and stated as an equal of Vader by ROTJ who is 6' in dueling when they were both using Djem So) would like to speak with you now. XD

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Ahsoka as she was in season 5, in an "ideal" fair fight set up like a boxing match where both of them are well rested beforehand, in good form psychologically, knew they were going to fight, knew who they were fighting and knew the other's motivations, and coming at it with a fight-to-the-death mindset... in that situation Ahsoka circa S5 should curbstomp Barriss. She's just an all around more powerful fighter, more combat-minded etc. etc. Barriss was a healer. Ahsoka went out and did WAR, she was a warrior flying all over the galaxy, jumping into the middle of the suck on worlds and space stations and ships and who knows what else, everywhere. And her master was the proto Darth Vader of all people. Barriss was a much more passive person. Ahsoka was a honed weapon.

But... that was all kinda negated by the fact that it wasn't a fair fight. Ahsoka was psychologically crushed, mentally exhausted, physically exhausted, on the run, with all the paranoia and relentless mental trauma that implies. She thought that Barriss was Ventress. She'd just had this rapport with Ventress and now "Ventress" turned up and attacked her out of the blue like a flipped switch, like a Terminator gone bad, she was fighting and trying to reason with her at the same time... Ahsoka got the mental kibosh put on her and it totally screwed her up.

Hell, if Ahsoka should curbstomp Barriss imagine what Anakin should do. An all out Anakin-vs-Barris should last all of ten seconds and a few moves and end with an easy, easy Skywalker victory. But she caught him mentally off guard, she was all go while he wasn't hardline committed, and the thing dragged out. And once Anakin finally realized that there was no talking to her and he was going to have to finish the fight, his true power came out and the fight ended very fast indeed.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Also, I think Anakin was fully aware of his surroundings and knew he couldn't use his anger and rage (which he usually does); He was trying to hold back, but in the end just gave in and ended the fight. Barriss stood no chance then.

Darth Valkyrus and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

When he was beating her down with the lightsaber at the end it reminded me of when Luke lost his **** in Return of the Jedi.

And that Force-push/choke/grab thing he did at the end there looked painful as hell.

Barriss' Tapping Into Dark Side Power Boost was no match for Anakin's. If he hadn't needed her alive, he would have straight up killed her with all the younglings watching.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  18. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    I think they were all just a liiiittle bit distracted by the fact that one of their own had clearly gone full-on dark-side and was fighting with red lightsabers. In comparison, even Anakin's rage mode seemed unimportant - at least he was still on their side!

Darth Valkyrus, Kablob and Iron_lord like this.
  19. MConDA4ever

Aug 30, 2014
    Anakin in TCW and Anakin in the PT are clearly two different persons. The look, thei voice and the level of retardation dont match.

Canon is nonsense. Only a sith deals in absolutes. ;)

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well Asoka I do not think was meant to be the next Anakin in terms of skill plus she was very young and learning and maturing in age and skill as time went on. She was though very arrogant about her level of skill and over confident and was often scolded for it by her peers. This may also been some of Skywalker's doing as he rubbed off on her. To be fair, Asoka was more trained by the time she faced Vizla and didnt miss when she hit Vizla's pack, he had to lose the pack otherwise it would blow up and the explosion nearly killed the both of them. Vizla is an especially ruthless and deadly no quarter given or asked fighter as well.

Looking at the older duels with Bariss, she did not want to harm her and mostly preferred not to fight just defend herself and even Bariss from herself:

The Grievous duel she could barely hold her own and it was self aware, and Grievous was still pretty dangerous foe to the Jedi on the toon. She was still youngling/Padawan level and just used her agility to buy some time but she got caught and nearly killed, the main mission was to blow up the spy station regardless if she survived or not.

The Ventress fight she held her own in part, but was easily outclassed:

21. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think it does say something about Ahsoka's lightsaber skill that she can hold her own and survive against some more skilled and stronger opponents...it is all in how the fight is fought....would she be able to take some of these people down...maybe not...but is she able to fight a delaying fight and hold them off long enough for help to show up and survive...absolutely.

TheSilentInfluence and Iron_lord like this.
  22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The back grip lightsaber style was abandoned as she adopted the smaller saber to make up for her height difference which was part of her training from Skywalker. However she sometimes still used the back grip.

23. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=anck-AqrZ24#t=93

I just noticed something I think I should post here. XD

Notice how Ahsoka walks out and Anakin runs after her a few seconds later.

Then she's all of a suddenly at the temple entrance and Anakin still hasn't caught up to her.

Either Ahsoka is really fast at walking, or Anakin is a really slow runner. XD

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I noticed that too. Lol. Maybe the distance wasn't as long as we thought or saomething. Or you know, Anakin used force speed.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Obviously, Ahsoka has mastered Force-Teleportation.