main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Would Anakin attack Yoda?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Feb 27, 2016.

1. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    So we know that Anakin cut Mace's hand off because Mace was about to kill Palpatine. But Mace was only focused on Palpatine, so he did not sense Anakin about to attack. Lets say that it was Yoda who was at the scene... Would Anakin respect Yoda more and not attack him? If yes, would Yoda be wise enough to push Anakin back before striking?

2. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    My opinion is no and no. Anakin thought he needed Palpatine to save Padme. I think by that point the only Jedi Anakin cared about was Obi-Wan.

Tonyg likes this.
  3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed. Whoever was in Mace's place was going to be attacked by Anakin.

4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    My opinion is if Yoda had gone to confront Palpatine instead of Mace it would have been a completely different situation that Anakin walked in on and Yoda never would have been in Mace's place. Without being forced to make a desperate life or death choice, Anakin wouldn't attack Yoda. Palpatine knew he couldn't manipulate and control a conflict with Yoda the way he could the other Jedi so made sure Yoda was far away on the Wookie Planet.

And Palpatine didn't know if he could turn Anakin to the darkside if Obi-Wan was there so also made sure he was far away confronting General Grievous.

lord_sidious_, Tonyg and Antpocalypse like this.
  5. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    The real question is: would Anakin survive the epic ass-beating Yoda would dish on him?

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    probably not, which makes it even more convenient that yoda is away. palps plans accordingly.