main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would Anakin have come back?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ACDC, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    In the Mustafar scene when Padme is pleading with Anakin to come back to the light side and she says something like 'Stop! Come with me' and then Anakin sees Obi Wan.

If Obi Wan was not there would Anakin have turned good?

2. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    hmmm... interesting.

I can honestly say... I have no idea.

I'll say no. At that point he didn't seem like Vader or Anakin, or anyone. He just seemed insane and locked in his own little world.

3. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Of course not

He had rejected every last one of her offers, he was going to reject this one. He simply doesn't want her love - nor is he interested in giving his. And that's all Padme wanted.

"All i want is your love"
    "Love won't save you Padme"

- O_F

4. El-Elyon

El-Elyon Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    then why did vader scream when he heard she was dead? i think if anyone could have brought him back it would have been her.

5. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    No I don't believe Anakin would have turned back from the Darkside at that point, I think it needed to be an act of compassion like we see from Luke in ROTJ, just pleading with him that hes doing the wrong thing wouldn't cut it. At that point on the landing platform, after hes recently killed the Jedi and Seperatists, I think Padmé was in danger regardless of if Obi-Wan had shown up, Anakin seemed to be getting frustrated at her and he may have snapped.

6. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Nah, he's a goner at this point. When he's crying on Mustufar it's because he knows there will be an upcoming duel with a certain former Master, and because he's past the point of no return according to the DVD commentary.

7. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    Hmm... ok.

Its really sad if you think about it. Anakin loses everything becauase of Palpatine.

8. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    I think eventually she could have brought him back. Over the period of weeks, months, years. She kind of took the gungan/cowards way out giving up on her will to live. Oh no, I have an evil husband and 2 bratty kids, what was meesa thinking. :p :p

9. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Like someone else said...it would have taken months maybe years for her to do it if he ad not seen Obi, or had been sliced and diced.

Who knows maybe if he had seen his newborn children, that would have been enough to melt his heart.[face_love]

10. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    iLoveAnakin7 i like that idea.

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    There was always still good in Anakin, but he wouldn't have gone back for the asking. He had to be persuaded to do so, which didn't happen until Jedi.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Because everything he did wound up being for nothing, because she still died anyway. And she wasn't doing too good a job trying to get him to stop. Even before he saw Obi-wan, he was already getting pissed at her for talking about Obi-wan. He knows she'll reject him for what he has done, but his ambition is too great as well as his greed.

13. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    No doubt Padmé feared for Anakin, but I doubt she could ever flat out reject him. She was "blinded by her love", I guess you can say.

14. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    "I'll never stop loving you, but you are going down a path I can't follow" = Darth Vader rejected

- O_F

15. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    Padme' could not reach Anakin at this point- he was too far gone. Which is a possible reason that before she dies she tells Obi-Wan there is still good in him, thinking maybe Obi-Wan can be the one to bring him back (not knowing about the duel).

16. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Because everything he did wound up being for nothing, because she still died anyway. And she wasn't doing too good a job trying to get him to stop. Even before he saw Obi-wan, he was already getting pissed at her for talking about Obi-wan. He knows she'll reject him for what he has done, but his ambition is too great as well as his greed.

Yeah, thats the tough part. We all knew she had to die for the storyline. But to die after we all saw her speak normally, because of broken/heart and/or lost the will to live, can really only be explained with super frail Naboo female traits. Maybe if Anakin knew these, he could have avoided them.

17. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    hmmm... [face_thinking] direct you are,like your attitude.

but we agree,it took 20+ years for him to realise that the dark side + his own supidity took everything from him.in ROTS NOTHING could turn him back,except maybe lets put padme in the same situation than luke(with palpatine killing her in front of vader,would he turn back to save her ??[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.