main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Would Anakin kill Obi Wan

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Mar 2, 2016.

1. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    When Obi Wan defeated Anakin, he couldn't kill him. He still slightly loved him. But what if Anakin was better than Obi Wan during Mustafar and won the battle. What if it was Obi Wan on the ground burning. Would Anakin finish him off?

2. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    He'd just killed a ton of Jedi, and several children back in the Jedi Temple. I would think he would continue to give Obi-Wan one chance to either join him or flee. If Obi-Wan refused, I think Anakin would have killed him.

3. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    This. I think ultimately Anakin would have killed Obi Wan if the tables had been turned. I think his hatred has blinded him and he no longer saw Obi Wan as the brother he once was

4. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    "This is the end for you, my Master."

Think that says it all in relation to Anakin's mindset...

5. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    In the end, he does kill Obi Wan. So I think we're done here

6. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
  7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Exactly what I was going to post. My mind has been pre-emptively read!

Ezon Pin likes this.
  8. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

INB4 LOCK?

9. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    I mean, he DID eventually kill him....

dagenspear likes this.
  10. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Eh. Nah. There's still some potential discussion. Ethical, philosophical, benchual

11. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    That's what I said

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  13. Inanna

Inanna Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    Yes, without a doubt.

14. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    he wouldve tried to get him to join him and i'm sure he would've been conflicted but yes he wouldve eventually killed obi-wan if he had to.

15. dsematsu

dsematsu Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2013
    Obi-Wan is essentially the face of the Jedi to Anakin. He represents everything Anakin has come to distrust. There is no doubt Anakin, or more rightly, Vader, would kill Obi-Wan. Anakin perceives Obi-Wan to be the source of most of his hardships in life, as I'm sure most kids think of their parents. That ol' dark side though, raises the parenticide.

16. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

Yes, exactly. He was ready to get it done.

17. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Interestingly, the script had him say one more thing after that.
    "I wish it were otherwise."

Or something close to that at least. Either way, he expresses a certain desire that he didn't have to kill Obi-Wan - and interesting wording I just used there. I think it's he feels he MUST kill him. Why, though? Perhaps to prove himself as the stronger, perhaps as rite of passage to be a proper Sith, maybe something like just feeling the Jedi needed to all die off. It's difficult to tell, given the emotional turmoil he was in

18. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

Another thought - because he knows Kenobi would never stop trying to get at him. Being a Sith,the sworn enemy of the Jedi, as long as Vader was alive,eventually the Jedi would come again for the Sith, be it Kenobi himself or perhaps someone he would train.All the Jedi must be wiped out. It's the only way to ensure a Sith stranglehold . Kenobi would always be a threat to him. I found it interesting what they did in some of the books/comics (now non-canon,of course) where Vader was still obsessed with killing Obi-Wan years after Mustafar, whereas Palps was like ,"Eh. Screw em! The Order is broken, let them go crawl under rocks and hide." ... Perhaps it could be looked at as Vader having more insight into a situation than Sidious - Vader considered the remaining Jedi,and especially Kenobi, still a threat, whereas Sidious blew any potential danger off. and of course Vader was right, as Obi-Wan's last apprentice helped destroy the Sith once and for all.

19. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Well, also, Vader was never not going to be obsessed with Obi-Wan because he loved and hated him too much. Anakin was never capable of being impartial, and Sith use their emotions and look inward. So, regardless of the Jedi were defeated he was always going to have something to prove to Obi-Wan.

AniLukeRey likes this.
  20. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    He was trying to murder Obi-Wan with each saber swing throughout the almost 10 minute duel, so I think it's a no-brainer...

21. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016
    Considering the now mentally-unbalanced and psychopath Anakin just slaughtered a bunch of younglings, committed domestic abuse on his beloved wife, killed a bunch more people in his conquest, betrayed everything and everybody he has known since he was nine years old and fully intended to kill ObiWan -

Yes. I'm sure that Anakin would have absolutely murdered Obi-Wan if he hadn't been so full of emotion that did nothing for him.