Would any of you Guys like to see the Cut Scenes that never made into the LOTR Extened Edtion?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by black_saber, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it be cool if Peter Jackson Created an Appendix menu where we could see the cut scenes. It would be on the Return of the King EE DVD.
  2. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    Any Answers would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O
  3. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6

oh my gods, NO. the last thing i would ever want to see would be additional footage, or bloopers, or outtakes, or cut scenes.. you couldn't pay me a million dollars to see those! hades, if they put an additional DVD with nothing but special features on it in with the movie DVDs, i'd take it back to the store and demand my money back!!!!!!!!!

just kidding.. yeah, i would love to see something like that on the EE. definitely :p
  4. Devilanse Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I always felt that ROTK needed an "Eowyn bathing scene" ;)
  5. JAKEFETT Jedi Knight

star 2
    Perhaps Eowyn and Arwen having a tickle fight while bathing!
  6. Angela_Russell Jedi Youngling

star 4
    How Rude!!! I would much Eowyn and Arwen kicking ass then bathing together they are both tough and pretty! Put Aragorn and Legolas in the bath instead! :D I always felt Eomer didn't get enough screen time even though Karl Urban looks much sexier in reality.

Ciao!
  7. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just wait until 2006-2007 when it comes on HD-DVD/Blu-Ray. I know that it's a stretch, but I'd like all three films blended into one another. Cut of the credits of FOTR and TTT and delete the titles.

Scenes I'd like to see in a future EE

- Moria Orcs chase into Lothlorien
    - Helm's Deep aftermath extended
    - More Gondor and Rohan backstory
    - Siege of Gondor/Pelennor Fields extended by about 25 minutes more than EE.

8. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I am not talking jokes. I am talking about cut Scenes that really never made it in the Flims.
  9. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    Thing I like to see in the future EE Edtion.

Moria Orcs shot down by elves in the Forest.
    Showing how the 9 kings of men turned into the Nazgul.
    Show how the the Uruks turned into beings.
    I love to see how and why Gimli and Leagonas went to the Council meeting about the One Ring. Show how the Orcs where once elves.

Fellowship movie

I would love to see the Hobbit into a movie and as well as the Silmiralion. the Silmiralion would show the Northen Kingdom fell apart and show how the Orcs splet in tribes. It would also show a back stroy of the First King of Gondor. As well as show how the 9 men turned into the Nazgual. As well as how the orcs where once Elves.

New movies Of Middle Earth.

This would be cool.
  10. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    I wouldn't mind seeing some more scenes.

What I really wanted in ROTK was the House of Healing scene. THat was one of my favorites in the book and I was kinda sad not to see it in the movie. Also, I'd like the see the Scouring of the Shire from ROTK, TOm Bombadlio, and some other scenes that I can't think of right now.

:Targeter:
  11. Dani1138 Force Ghost

star 3
    I don't know... It would be interesting to see the Scouring or Tom Bombadil, but neither would really fit with the tone of the films. I can't picture how PJ and co. would have approached them at all.

What I really wanted in ROTK was the House of Healing scene.

In three months time, your wish will be granted. ;)
  12. Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Master

star 4
    What I really wish is that I could make my own TE/EE hybrid - for Fellowship at least.

As much as I like a lot of the additions, several of them still stick out like sore thumbs to me after all this time - if I could just take out a couple of awkwardly inserted new lines, ill-concieved additions like the 'darkening sky' bit at the council of Elrond, and bring back the original intro (no Bilbo voice-over), then I'd have my perfect LOTR movie.

The TTT EE is fine by me, though.
  13. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    What do you mean Orginal Intro no Bilbo voice over it?
  14. Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Master

star 4
    Well... I mean the original intro with no Bilbo voice over it!

You know - originally after the prologue Fellowship started with a long conversation between Frodo and Gandalf as they ride to Bilbo's house. In the extended version, a lot of that dialogue was cut out and switched around, and the focus is on Bilbo's narration instead.

The new opening is still good and worth seeing, but for my money the original was just a note perfect introduction. I think it really proves the old cinema rule of 'show, don't tell' - I found the illusion of just jumping straight into Hobbiton life was worth much more then being taken by the hand and talked through it.

That's really the main reason I can't accept the EE as the 'definitive' version of the movie, much as I'd like to.
  15. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    More scenes that I would like to see

- Fall of the Nine Kings of Men

- Minas Tirith and Rohan in FOTR

- Gandalf as a beggar at Edoras

- Battle of Osgiliath (The Battle in "Sons of the Steward", which Boromir wins)

- Saruman's relationship with Rohan expanded with betrayal

16. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I like to also see how Sauron created the One Ring and how he put his Evil spirt within the Ring. I like to see Saurons Face and see his Eyes which are Orange with the Slanted black lines. That would be cool.

Nrf-Hrdr I loved the part where Bilbo tells the part about how life was in the Shire while Frodo talks to Gandelf. I gives him more story.
  17. Pelranius Force Ghost

star 5
    I would like to see more of the Last Alliance Prologue part, especially those battles.
  18. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I would love to see more details about the Dead marhes and stuff.
  19. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I would love to see Saurans Face behind the Helmet too.It would make me happy. :) =D=
  20. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I just wanna see more Saruman. I'm not too faimiliar with the books, but the scourge of the Shire sounds cool, although the arguments against putting that in make sense.
  21. Trell Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Scouring of the Shire you mean. And that is one of my favorite chapters.

I personally don't want to see any more of these blasted films than I already have.

-P!-
  22. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I just want to see an ending for all the characters. We know what happens to Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, and Aragorn, Faramir and Eowyn, but what about Gimli, Legolas, Eomer, Merry and Pippin?
  23. Trell Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Gimli goes home, and lives a long life there, later he and Legolas leave Middle-Earth forever to go to the Undying Lands. Hence Gimli is hte only Dwarf to ever go there.
    Eomer I cannot recall off hand, he is king of Rohan of course.

Merry and Pippin both become leaders in the Shire. Pippin a great Took leader, and Merry a leader somewhere else. They leave for Gondor when they are growing old, and die there. They are interred with the Kings and Stewards. Later when Aragorn dies they are laid by his side, as eternal guards.

It's all in the blasted books.

-P!-
  24. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I like to see every scene that did not make it in the EE editon to be either Delted or be extened again plus new ones that where never made at all.
  25. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah give me all the behind the scenes stuff you can get!!!
    especially the bloopers!!! :D

-Mel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.