Would any of you Guys like to see the Cut Scenes that never made into the LOTR Extened Edtion?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by black_saber, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    That would be nice! And Do you know the Back Story of how Leganas and Gimli went Rivendell?
  2. ratboy-the-sequel Jedi Knight

Something that has been bugging me about the end of ROTK...Golem bites off Frodo's finger but then when they are back in the Shire and in the other end scenes his finger is still there?? Was there some explanation for this in the book?

That's a rather big overlook if it's a mistake.
  3. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didnt really look at it that closely. you sure????

-Mel
  4. Trell Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Something that has been bugging me about the end of ROTK...Golem bites off Frodo's finger but then when they are back in the Shire and in the other end scenes his finger is still there?? Was there some explanation for this in the book?

The explination in the book is that he has 9 fingers. The explination in the film is that either A. you saw it wrong, or B. Jackson is a tard.

-P!-
  5. Pelranius Force Ghost

star 5
    If that's true, I hope they correct it for the EE at least. *goes off to worriedly skulk in a corner*
  6. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    When is the Extended Editon of the Return of the King Coming out???
  7. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes it is December 14. Reservations can now be made as of 10/1.

9. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    If i remember seeing things right, Gollum only bites off the top joint of Frodo's finger, not the entire one... or that's just what it looked like to me.

:Targeter:
  10. lightsaber_wielder Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Gollum only bites off the top joint.
  11. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well the one with the ring! ;)

-Mel
  12. lomion Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you want to know about the endings of the various characters it's best to read the books really. One of the things that they kind of gloss over that I wish they did not was the grey havens and the three rings of the elves.

I am looking forward to the houses of the healing being put back in since I always thought that was an important scene in the book.

Tom Bombadil would be nice to have back, it always represented to me how no matter what men, elves or whoever do there are some things which are beyond and that will always maintain. Tom and Goldberry always represented that to me. I understand why they removed him, and that whole scene though.

Tom Bombadil had always been one of the most talked about characters in the books since no one really had known exactly who he or what he is.

13. Trell Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tom's most definitely a Maiar, or one of the Valar in disguise. The same for Beorning in The Hobbit. Still, it would have been nice to know just WHO he was if he somebody we've seen before.

Personally, I?m still scratching my head over just where exactly did the Hobbits come from. That was never explained, or hinted at I think.

-P!-
  14. starwars6554 Force Ghost

star 6
    Personally I think that some things are better left unexplained...such as where Hobbits come from, or exactly what Tom Bombadil is.

That said, I would love to see The Houses of Healing sequence, and what happens to Eomer and more backstory of the histories of Elves, Dwarves and Men. Also a wrap up of the Merry/Pippen storylines.
  15. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I was always hoping to see Prince Imrahil and the knights of Dol Amroth coming and fighting at Minas Tirith as well.

Plus, I wanted to see Halbarad, Elrohir, Elladan, and the other Rangers coming to help Aragorn in RotK.

Oh, and of course, Tom Bombadil. :D
  16. Jara_Dax Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not Tom Bombadil, he'll start singing *groans*
  17. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm so glad they left Tom Bombadil out of the films. that's a couple of chapters I'vebeen skipping since I've first read them......too lame....

-Mel
  18. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I just can't wait for this Extended edtion. I upset that I may not get it for Hanukah.
  19. starwars6554 Force Ghost

star 6
    I love the Tom Bombadil sequence because it shows that not everybody is influenced by the ring but I'm glad they left it out of the film. It would have ruined the pacing of it and it would have been a totally different movie.
  20. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I think the Hobbits are actually descended from ancient Man, a branch that broke off from them as they left whatever body of water they woke up next to. I'm pretty sure it says that somewhere in Tolkien's writing (perhaps a letter, or a note to himself in the HoM-E).
  21. TiedDown_30_04 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greetings, black_saber. I'm new to this board and TFN as well. I've read the Trilogy, The Hobbit and the Silmarillion many times each, and although I've heard that Peter Jackson and Ian McKellen are interested in making The Hobbit, I doubt that PJ would be able to tackle the Silmarillion since it is a lengthy collaboration of separate stories. They are all linked together in some way or another, but a movie could be made out of each chapter. I agree that putting the entire world of Middle-Earth on the silver screen would be great! I simply can't see that ever happening. Please PM me, though if you have any questions concerning the vast realm of Arda and its many people. ;)
  22. TiedDown_30_04 Jedi Knight

star 1
    As for your subject about Cut Scenes, one of my personal favorites in the books takes place in Isengard. The chapter title is "The Voice Of Saruman". PJ left out the scene where Saruman temps both Theoden and Gandalf, and is shot down. I thought it quite profound when Gandalf casts him from the order of the Istari and White Council and breaks Saruman's staff by saying, "Saruman, your staff is broken!" I would also like to see the Hobbits overthrow Saruman after he had taken over the Shire in the chapter "The Scouring Of The Shire".
  23. Special_Fred Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if this has been posted already, but the preview of the Extended Edition DVD has been available for download for some time now. Pretty cool stuff...especially the Witch-King: "This is MY HOUR..." And, of course, Saruman: "Save your pity and your mercy! I have no use for it!" :cool:
  24. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    anything additional with Christopher Lee totally rocks :cool:

-Mel
  25. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    My special inside info has leaked that we will in fact be watching Éomer crowned King of Rohan, which deserves a wonderful "YAY!" :D :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.