Would any of you name your kids after SW characters?

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by ImDaBudge, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not that I'm planning on having kids any time soon, but it's a legitimate question.

I think that if I were to go with a SW name I'd use Karrde... you know the "Information Broker" from the EU. Or maybe Jacen.
  2. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
  3. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    but I would name a child Ewan...or McGregor for a middle name- but not thogether
  4. Pimpleyone Jedi Knight

star 1
    If I did name my (non-existent)kids anything Star Wars related it would be something normal sounding,like Luke or Leia. Anything else and you're giving future bullies an excuse to beat the pulp out of your kids.
  5. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    The way I figure it a bully can make fun of anything... shoes, shirt, socks, name, athletic ability. But there are so many kids who grow up with Star Wars in their life that in grade school there are going to be kids who think it's cool.

The way I figure it is: if the kid's cool then having a strange name shouldn't hurt him/her at all, but if not, they're screwed regardless of the name you give them... what is in a name anyway?
  6. Count_Saruman Jedi Knight

star 1
    My wife and I considered Lucas for the name of our first son...but we KNEW that people would think that we named him after GL.
  7. Quest_JMT Jedi Padawan

My first born is named Luke after, well you know.
  8. Blinded Jedi Padawan

well not like i really could if i wanted to (im 12) but it seems to me that naming your children after someone is in a way, sacred so i would name my kids after a grandfather grandmother or yourself...
  9. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'd name one of them Mara only because one of my older handicapped sisters spells my name as Mara. Don't ask me why she does it, I don't understand her anyway.
  10. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think Mara is a great name too. It's original without being overboard.
  11. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It also mean Bitter/bitterness. [face_devil] For some reason people think of me that way, don't know why. ?[face_plain]
  12. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I never knew that it means Bitterness. :eek:

Maybe this relationship can be a give and take type of thing? :D
  13. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Give and take bitterness? I'm confused.

I've oft considered naming my future child Darth Judas. I figured, what better way to get Biblical and Star Wars characters together? Or, if it's a girl, Darth Lucy.

14. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Another interesting fact: 9 months after the Jazz won the Western Conference Finals oh so many years back, there was a baby boom in Utah. I personally wonder if there are baby booms of Obe Wans and Anakins 9 months after TPM or ATOC. I figure it's more exciting than watching John Stockton hit a three.
  15. Lady Kenobi Jedi Knight

Luke is one my top choices for a future child's name, and was even before I became a serious SW fan. Among other things I like that it means "light".

It might also be fun to use Ewan, or the variation Ioan or even Liam just because I love everything about England/Ireland/Scotland in general.
  16. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    IF IT'S NOT SCOTTISH....WHELL YE KEN THE REST!
  17. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    What about Frank... you know after the glorious Frank Oz. I've always liked Frank but I don't think it'll ever happen.

I like the idea of naming a son Obi Wan, or Anakin, but I'm sure that I'll never have enough guts.
  18. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I usually call everyone Frank when I forget their names.

I thought everyone knew that Mara meant bitterness.
  19. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I would never name a child after a movie character. Not just a Star Wars name, but from any movie. But, the wife and I are not having kids, so it really doesn't matter.
  20. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Rob's (ImDaBudge) step sister named her son Simba. Yeah, the kids on the playground are gonna eat that poor little guy up. My cousin is named Levi because he was born at 5:01. Cruel cruel parents is what I think.
  21. Mcily_Nochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I love the name Leia, but I don't think I will name my kids after SW characters. I've been raised in a family that likes traditional names, and I've taken a disapproved-of fancy to Irish names, like Aiden and Eily. So I guess the answer is no (though who's to stop me from daydreaming?).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.