main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Would anyone be interested in trying to get a Star Wars RPG game going?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    I will be there.
    but as for a character im not sure what im gunna run. gotta go from the DM mindset to acrtually trying to play.

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I'll definitely be there. I'll either start as a Scoundrel and multiclass from there or start as a Fringer...and multiclass. ;)

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm there! As nobility, of course. :D

4. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    Ok on to more imprtant things. Kreliea, mara and Vorpel have dibs on my three Crown royal bags. anyone else b4 suday want one?

5. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'd appreciate one if you can get your hands on another

6. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I wouldn't mind one if you don't mind.

7. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Hey all,

I posted when this idea came up that you should probably wait on buying the Star Wars RPG book until the revised version came out since it was such massive changes. Well Star Wars RPG Net has put out a comprehensive review of the book (Which comes out May 10th). Here is the link. There are no Ep 2 spoilers in the review.

ALSO !!!!! A warning, straight from the review. "there's a lot of Episode 2 material in this book. Were I not already thoroughly spoiled on the plot, characters, and events of Episode 2 before picking up this book, I would have been blown away. There's a lot of spoilers in here, folks."
    So read at your own risk before you see the movie. But this is what we WILL be using for the game, the first session is just to introduce you to the basic mechanics of the system so using the original rules won't require too big of a switch for beginners...only the experieced players ironically :). All experience points, equipment, etc will transfer over to the revised characters when the time comes.

8. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    hmmmmm...I'm not entirely sold on the Attacks of Opportunity. It feels like the SW RPG is turning into "D&D in space". I don't know, maybe once we start playing with the new rules it won't be so bad. But for now I think I'll reserve judgement.

9. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Traditionally it was limited to melee attacks, I don't see it being a real issue in the blaster world. But we'll see.

10. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    I have to say the whole D20 thing will be a change for me, ive played the D6 since it came out in 89 and i enjoyed it, even with some of the glareing flaws it had. when the D20 version came out i found it hard to adapt to the new rules and the lack of conversions for the large amount of D6 material i have. I gave up trying and just adapted some of the more intersting rules the D20 had into my D6 Game and have taken the happy middle road since. Im hopeing that this will be an interesting game on sunday and hope i can adapt to what for me will be a new game.
    And again to the GM/DM/G.O.D ppl you are welcome to use any of my books for reference, as well as a temporary loan of them if need be.

On a side note My supply for the bags has met a snag itll be a few day b4 i can aquire more of the bags to distribute but i will get them. oh yes they will be mine...then yours...

11. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Not a problem AZ SithLord, we appreciate you getting them for us.

12. KCarnes

KCarnes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    I'll be there most likely as a scout/tracker.

KC

13. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    Well I think ill go fer the Fringer/pilot.

14. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I'm going to be bringing my RPG gear to the costuming party if anyone wants to talk shop a bit before the game on Sunday. Not actually really get into teaching the rules, but maybe we can get everyone on the same page in terms of character sheets, tokens, maps, etc.

15. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I got my copy of the Revised Core Rules yesterday...let's get another game together.

16. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Oki....if you want to keep me running it, then I'm out of state the next 2 weekends. We can start up the sunday after that.

Or am I being voted off the GM screen ? :)

17. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    Yes Must Get anther Game together. Lemme know when and where asap. Also for those who wish to learn my d6 system, especially those i talk to in line ill be trying to get game time down at Gamersedge as well as possible useing my new apartment. also arrangeing a possible gathering at my new abode for an extracurricular event.

18. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Well how about 2 weeks from this sunday then. At atomic comics in mesa at 12-1630/1700 or so ?

The Gundark Journals......

We will need a bit of time to upgrade everybody to 2nd ed rules, but it shouldn't take too long. Gamer has a good chart in its latest issue.

19. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I'll be out of town that weekend, so no go here. If you want to run a primer to the Revised rules that's cool since I think we'll have a couple new players at that game.

20. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Void, is that the June 8th/9th weekend your talking about? If so, I'm out of town too - back in SLC (again) to be re-mormoni--- er... I mean... for Jacob's birthday. :D Yes, really, Jacob's birthday. (he'll be 1!! ^.^)

**winks at sideshow**
    ^.^

21. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    lol, Happy Birthday, little Luke. :D

OK, let's get this going again. I propose we meet Saturday, June 15th, at noon, at the new Atomic Comics Mesa location. Any objections?

22. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Father's Day!! **looks around** I think I can fanagle it, though. :D

23. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    I thought we were going to have our gaming days on Sunday. Saturday bad for me :(

MJA

24. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Well, as kreleia said, Sunday the 16th is Father's day, so that will probably cause some schedule conflicts. kreleia is out of town on the weekend of the FF meeting and I'm out of town this weekend...what about Sunday the 23rd?

25. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm outta town on the 23rd too!!! GAH!!!

Okay - how 'bout a weeknight? Perhaps Friday evening - the 14th?

^.^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.