main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would anyone like to attend a very small event?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by marcus_brody_sir, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcus_brody_sir

marcus_brody_sir Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2007
    Hi! I'm currently scouring message boards, as contacting the 501st and Rebel Legions directly have not brought any results. This is very short notice, I realize, but I was wondering if anyone out there would like to attend a very small wedding? It's in Bainbridge Island, WA, and it would be on September 22nd, 2007 from 4:00 to 4:30 pm. I'm trying to get a few rebels or stormtroopers to sneak to the ceremony to surprise my fiancee. Just a handful is all i would really need. She originally wanted to get married at Celebration IV, but for some reason I shot that down, which really disappointed her, and which I now regret, because that would have been a really fun time, and we're both huge fans of star wars. She has also done most of the planning, and I thought the appearance of some characters from the Star Wars galaxy would make it all worthwhile to her. I wouldn't be able to provide food or transportation, as I have spent much on the wedding already, but those who might want to go wouldn't have to stay long. I'm aware these are some pretty high expectations, but anyone who could do this would make one very stressed bride very, very happy. If anyone would like to speak with me directly, my e-mail is space_wheat@yahoo.com. Thanks!

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    If I were closer, I'd do it, but Australia is a little far to come from. Come on guys! Appearing in wedding photos is a real hoot! We were doing photos in a park one day in costumes and a wedding party turned up for their photos. We ended up in half of them! Such a great time had by all! So anyone nearby, have some fun!

3. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I remember someone contacting us about a May 25th wedding but it was on a weekday, which usually isn't possible for us. I looked all the way back to 2006, and you never posted on the actual Rebel Legion, WA chapter message board: http://www.rebellegion.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=39
    or on the 501st msg board: http://www.garrisontitan.com/theboard/index.php

At this point, it's a little short notice. And there is already a Con that weekend.

4. marcus_brody_sir

marcus_brody_sir Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2007
    i understand that it's short notice...i remember having some sort of problem with the legion site...don't remember what. But if there's anyone who can't make it to the con that weekend, they are more than welcome to come by! (I'd post the pics online)

5. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    if it werent so far away from Oklahome i would take a day off work and bring my vader costume.

but alas, its just a bit far to drive for me.

6. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Contact Garrison Titan. They are the closest 501st Garrison to you. Also, Alpha Base of the Rebel Legion is closest to you as well.

You could try Cloud City Garrison / Kashyyyk Base, but they are Oregon based and may not be able to make it all the way up there.

- Bill

7. -Solari_Wielder-

-Solari_Wielder- Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2007
    Ohh how I wish I could come! But I've got work, and I just took off a bunch of days for something else, so I cant miss again. But congrats on your wedding-to-come! Seriously, I'd come if I could.

Good luck with finding a few people, and may the Force be with you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.