main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would be great to see more of Dooku

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    That's actually an interesting idea. Usually we've had 2 good guys vs 1 bad guy who is match for the 2 good guys alone. Would be interesting to see 2 bad guys vs 1 good guy. Thing is....I can't see Grievous and Ventress working together.....but it is a good idea nonetheless. I can see though something like Ventress getting beaten or schooled by Mace (it would be a pleasure to see that given how arrogant and powerful she thinks she is), then Dooku steps in to save her and prove his superiority.

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, we've seen how she fares against Yoda...not so well. :p
    But yeah. There are various characters with enough reason to be worth two opponents. Ventress can at least stand up to two below-council characters for a good while before having to retreat if we take her appearances in Cloak of Darkness and Republic Heroes.

Plo Koon is my answer to almost any Jedi-related suggestion, but Kit Fisto has visible proof that he's awesome enough to be a candidate. XD

Seeing as Dooku is a Sith Lord and should practice their method of taunting enemies, there'd be plenty of reason for him to pause and deliver banter. :D

3. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Luminara's style in Cloak of Darkness reminded me a lot of Dooku's. That, combined with her line that she 'recognises the fighting style of Count Dooku' lends itself as the foundation for some interesting dialogue should they ever meet in combat.

[They lock blades]
    Dooku: Your imitation of my technique is admirable, Master Unduli.
    Luminara: It is the Dark Side that is the imitation, Dooku, and a pale one at that.

or

Dooku: You realise, of course, that I am the master of this technique.
    Luminara: You ceased to be the master the moment you let it dominate you.

etc.

As for a 2 bad guys vs 1 good guy lineup, I think Bane and Ventress could make a very effective team. Mace, Ki-Adi or Plo would be excellent candidates for having to fight off Ventress in close-quarters whilst simultaneously avoiding the blasterbolts, traps and other tricks of the wily bounty hunter.

4. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    Yes, we've seen that Cad Bane alone is no match for any decent Jedi. I'd love to see a Jedi vs Bounty Hunter fight ala Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett, although Cad Bane doesn't possess the strength of Jango, but rather uses his smarts and environment to try and out-do a Jedi. But having Ventress vs a higher tier Jedi master or council member along with Cad Bane would be interesting.

5. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Asajj Ventress working with Grievous may not be practical, but it would be hysterical.
    The two of them are hopelessly vain, and rather than fighting the Jedi, they would,
    no doubt, spend most of their time arguing and insulting each other. Ventress would have a
    field day working Grievous up into coughing seizures with insults about his incompetence,
    and Greivous would drive Ventress into snarl fits with comments like, "If I had looked like
    you, I would have made the changes sooner,", that sort of thing.

Ed/ Oops, that right. Grievous calls them, "Improvements."

6. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    It would be nice to see the Count kick some butt. Credible Jedi-class butt not random pirate butt.

7. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    What do you guys think of Dooku actually killing a Jedi in TCW? I guess it would demonstrate how far gone he is....if AOTC didn't demonstrate that enough already.

It would be great if it was a credible Jedi too...perhaps one who isn't in ROTS and could be killed off on the show to explain his/her disappearance....like Eeth Koth.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [image=http://fercam1.blog.terra.com.mx/files/2009/05/file-ahsokahs1.jpg]

9. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    I don't think he can kill Ahsoka.

Although, I would like to see him face Ahsoka twice during the clone wars, one say around end of Season 2 or early Season 3 and another time closer to the events of ROTS. I'd like to see Ahsoka on the second time seeing him say a similar line to Anakin where he said "my powers have doubled since the last time we met Count", although unlike Anakin, the second time round, Dooku beats her again, except perhaps beats her even worse than the first time....perhaps then influencing his "twice the pride, double the fall" line in ROTS that he says with a smile.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    How about more use of his Sith title, Darth Tyranus. And how about some more of his background story, too. In fact why not throw in background stories for all the characters now and then. We see these characters, but we really don't know about them like we should. I mean, what do we really know about Dooku, Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc. Here is their chance to exploit these character's origins. And you don't have to show it, a line here and there that explains something about their past would suffice.

11. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Well, Dr. Vindi used to work for the Perma families...

...yeah, not much to go on, really.

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think that the Sith are the coolest aspect of SW, so I'm up for more Dooku and Sidious. Though I've been keeping my fingers crossed to see a more ambitious Dooku that might try to break free from Sidious, similar to how Vader had ambitions of his own in ESB. The databank mentions that Dooku is teaching Ventress things that would incur Sidious' wrath if he ever found out, hopefully that will be developed at some point during the shows' run. I mean Sidious doesn't seem to keep Dooku on a tight leash, Dooku seems to have a lot of autonomy in his dealings with the CIS, Grievous, etc. without Sidious constantly looking over his shoulder. I think it would pain me if the show ended and Dooku never made a power grab given that autonomy and the fact that he has vast resources at his disposal; or if his training of Ventress never leads to a confrontation with Sidious.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    In the Tartakovsky series, Palpatine seemed to know all about his training of Ventress.

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    How about another pair of Sith to stir things up? I would like to see more Sith regardless of where they came from, so long as they aren't more converted Jedi Knights.

Maybe two Sith Lords named Darth Venger and Darth Sear, freed from exile on some planet that some foolish Jedi Knights had found, Hmm? Or maybe another pair called Darth Krull and Darth Dredd who at along last comes out of hiding and returns during this time of crisis? LOL. Whatever they're called, or where ever they come from, just get it done.

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Doesn't he know about Ventress at the beginning of Cloak of Darkness as well?

It's in the nature of the Sith to want to maneuver and manipulate, so I'm sure Sidious thinks one day Dooku will want to try to defeat him with Ventress as his apprentice.

16. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Sidious is pretty scornful of Ventress in Cloak of Darkness. The Sith games are pretty multilayered-- of course Sidious knows Tyrannus will try to bump him off, but Sidious himself has a replacement on the backburner. Maybe he actually does think Ventress is too lame to be a threat. Maybe he's trying to make Dooku *think* he thinks that. Maybe Dooku is pleased to believe that because it implies that Sidious probably thinks that he (Dooku) is just messing around with Ventress while cultivating a "real" apprentice elsewhere.

I definitely want some payoff to that dynamic in the show, but I guess first we need to get Dooku and Ventress on screen this season! I'm starting to wonder if maybe they'll be held off until the very last minute this season and the finale will be all Sithy, with something big happening after all the bounty hunter shenanigans.

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    It definitely is noticeable how absent they've been from the show, and I wonder if your theory might be correct - the Jedi will remember who the "real" enemy is in the Clone Wars.

They really seem to be focusing more or less on "localized" stories this season, other than Sidious' plot with the Holocron Heist. The newsbrief at the start of Grievous Intrigue mentions Grievous' success, and that has to be one of the only times all season there's been a real reference to the war on a greater scale.

18. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    So far as I know, Darth Sidious is aware of and usually supportive of 'dark acolytes', or more specifically, 'force sensitives taught how to use anger and aggression against the Jedi' unless they prove less than effective. If elements of the Tartakovsky series stand, he would have been there when Ventress became Dooku's protege-but-not-apprentice, someone to teach advanced lightsaber skills and psychological warfare to.

His way of thinking is probably 'sure, more skilled servants with lightsabers, more dead Jedi', but since Sith are all about betrayal and survival, he's likely at least a little aware that each new minion Dooku digs up could be the one he tries to groom as the next apprentice.
    Anyway, speculating about the mind-games that the Sith play isn't exactly my thing, so I'll get back to speculating about using the Sith themselves. :p

Having seen how they clearly showcased Grievous in the last two episodes (though they showed WHAT he thought and not WHY he was thinking it), I got to thinking that they could do the same with Dooku, namely giving him a few episodes or even a story arc where he showcases his motives and his skills.

I understand that it's not as likely to happen seeing as Dooku still serves as the 'public face' of the Separatists, but if it did, I think they'd be able to pull it off really well. :D

19. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    I think Sidious knows that Dooku cannot overthrow him with Ventress as his apprentice. Therefore he allows Dooku to train her however he wants because they will never be powerful enough together to defeat him. So Dooku may think he's building up to a takeover but as far as Sidious is concerned his training of Ventress only serves to keep him in the game and hungry for power without ever getting anywhere since Dooku's bid to overthrow Sidious would probably have to come after the Clone Wars when the Empire is up and running and the Jedi are no more. And Sidious knows that Dooku won't be around at that point. Dooku having his own apprentice also helps to distract him from Sidious's plans for Anakin.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    One of the things I enjoyed about the PT is how Sidious & Dooku are the master puppeteers of the Clone Wars, and I'm glad that we're seeing Dooku do so even with the mighty Mandalorians. [face_devil]

21. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Can I just say a few things?

If they're gonna bring Dooku back, make him fight more, get rid of that hideous square-ish head and triangular chin, and GOOD GOD PUT HIS CAPE BACK ON!!!

Seriously, seeing him in regular clothes doesn't look right...

And it wouldn't hurt to bring back Christopher Lee...if he's not too busy making his metal album or something...If not, ah well.

22. ArrogantJedi

Oct 11, 2008
    Well, we haven't seen him fight at all during TCW series (apart from the movie) - although we briefly see him use some hand-to-hand and force skills in "The Gungan General", which was cool, but I think people want to see him in lightsaber combat.

Having seen some of the most recently produced Season 2 episodes, I think the animation is there to show his elegant and deadly fencing style, combined with the use of the force mid-battle (like he pulled off that move to choke Obi-Wan and kick Anakin away in ROTS). I'd definately like to see another 2 vs 1 scenario with him or just 1 on 1 - preferably against someone other than Anakin or Obi-Wan (people would love to see any of the other Jedi Council members face him or a re-match with Yoda at one point).

Thing is, it should be a rare and special occasion - but should be a stunning one. And yes, have him fight WITH the cape - it makes him look more elegant has he twirls the saber around. I also wouldn't mind to see the Jedi wear their robes as well, at the very least on quieter missions or around the Jedi Temple.

23. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I am glad we're now going to be seeing more of him. :)

24. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of Dooku training Grievous, perhaps with Asajj there to criticise Grievous, and then Dooku has them both attack him at once, and he defeats them both.

It would play up the rivalry between the two while also giving us more Grievous-Dooku action, which has been rare.

25. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    That would be awesome. I hope that the writers look out here for ideas. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.