main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Would Disney Re-Cast Anakin/Darth Vader over using Hayden again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Disney will not micro-manage. Why do people think they would? They don't interfere with Marvel or Pixar. Why would they start now? Lucasfilm are making the films.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Have Hayden come back but voiced by James Earl Jones just to freak the **** out of the audience.

Darth kRud and clone3131 like this.
  3. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Hayden would probably screw that up too. He would be like a old Japanese movie....

-C

Darth kRud likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Which would make it all the more spectacular.

clone3131 likes this.
  5. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Bad direction and dialogue does not make a bad actor. Even Liam Neeson, Alec Guiness, and Ian McDiarmid had trouble with some of the lines without sounding ridiculous. Its part of the charm/serial nature of Star Wars. Check out Shattered Glass or Life as a House for a better example of Christiansen's acting ability, in my opinion.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    My post wasn't directed to you, however.

7. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I think we can all agree that all six of the movies had weird and ridiculous lines. (Most of them were awesome though)

But on to the Hayden topic.

I would really be happy if he is in this movie as a force ghost! I think it would be epic! And a great nod to the prequel fans, in which, believe it or not, there are many of!
    I think replacing him would be absurd! It would have to either be Christensen or Sebastian, and considering there is only one actor living, it has to be Hayden.

Also the whole Hayden's acting sucks topic. I disagree with, I think he is an excellent actor, and the only thing I saw him in was the prequels so far! He was meant to be that emotionally unbalanced kid. I loved him in AOTC, but he did even better in ROTJ. But Anakin isn't just that, he's sweet and loves to have fun too. And we see that in the beginning of ROTS and in the fields of Naboo in AOTC.
    This is why I think that replacing Hayden would just be kind of dumb. There are many next Generation fans who jumped into the star wars galaxy threw the prequels, or the clone wars. When they jumped in there were six movies and a TV show, so they grew to love all the Characters, like I did. And that would be a big slap on the cheek if they replace him, unless they have a legit reason to.

That’s all my opinion though, I’m sure others have their own.

8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Ah, how thoughtful and original, a "Hayden sucks in the PT" thread. True genius. Very fashionable to say that; after all, bashing Hayden and the PT really makes you a cool and "in" SW fan. :rolleyes:

Problems is, it is kind of like saying "Islam is the real religion, not Christianity." For all of the people that so passionately agree, you find a whole lot of others who just as passionately think that is absolute nonsense. And in the end, it all just comes down to personal opinion, no matter how many times you want to repeat yourself or rationaize why you are right and others are wrong.

My opinion: Hayden did a great job in the ROTS, and there is no way they would replace him in the ST. Especially when the younger generation (in fact, probably most people who actually have watched ROTJ) have seen the new image of Hayden at the end; if that weren't true, they would have more of an option to replace him with an old man as a force ghost. Mark my words, if there is an Anakin force ghost, it will be Hayden (and my opinion, agree or not, is that it SHOULD be him, and would be silly to replace him; that is the actor the audience is familiar with, if they are bringing back all the other familiar characters, bring him back also).

[​IMG]

9. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Ooh, a whine thread. AWESOME!!!!

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I didn't like Hayden in AOTC but liked him in ROTS. I would be fine with him coming back

11. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Anyone who still thinks Hayden is an excellent actor clearly hasn't seen Jumper.

12. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    My only reservation about Hayden coming back is that it would be weird to see Luke, who'd be an old man, referring to a man in 30's as "father."

13. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    True, we were discussing that in another thread.

I think if they do bring him back, they should use makeup/special effects to make him look older. That would be much easier and more realistically possible than making the older characters look younger.

14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Hayden was good in ROTS not so good in AOTC......He will not be re-cast as he won't be in the ST....can you imagine a 22yo father talking to his 63yo son !!! .

15. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    windu4 I was going to reply to your previous post, but I decided not to, knowing most people on this thread wouldn't appreciate yet another OT vs PT argument

16. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Can we just have a single main thread called something like "Recasting Star Wars" for all these random ulcer-inducing threads sweating about who-is-acting-as-whom?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  17. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'd want Hayden back, specially with a new Director.

Honestly, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for them to make the Starkiller movies, being that could be a way to get Vader back on the screen. He could play vader again or something, i dunno.

18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes! And since it is your idea, I vote that you be the one that makes it.

19. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

To everyone bitching and saying this is a WHINE THREAD, go back and read my original post. Everyone is talking about re-casting the original trilogy Big 3. The next 2 people that you would consider recasting is Alec's OBI-WAN (as Ewan) and Darth/Anakin (Hayden).

I merely pointed out Hayden's acting flaws and how his career has tanked since doing the PT. There is a reason for that - and it's not that the PT didnt live up to the hype.

You Pro-Hayen guys are the only one's hating so far.

I'm just trying to come up with stuff to talk about here, people. I

-C

20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    And I am just pointing out that your negative appraisal of Hayden's acting in the PT is merely your opinion, despite your continued rationalization of it. I like the "merely pointed out" bit. "I merely pointed out my correct opinion, and the reason it is superior to yours in every way."

You are not hating? Let's see:
    In my opinion, Hayden was a terrible actor. He pretty much killed the prequels with his wooden acting skills and terrible over reactions.
    Hayden would probably screw that up too. He would be like a old Japanese movie....
    Gee, sounds like hate to me pal. So the sequels were "killed" by his acting? Wow. No minimizing a strong hate-statement like that.

Looks like you found something for people to talk about, just not what you had anticipated.

21. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004
    So, now I'm not allowed to have an opinion?

Oh, tell me old, great and wise Lee_ what should I think and what should we talk about?

You don't like the topic? Don't troll it and talk about it then!

-C

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You can have an opinion, everyone does, but there is already more than one thread about Anakin/Darth Vader coming back in the ST, several threads about re-casting PT and OT actors (including Ewan and Hayden), and a thread about whether prequel characters should appear.

I'm trying to figure out how the context of this thread is different from those already posted.

Let's say it is different--I'm not sure how "Hayden sucks for reasons X, Y, Z and AA and shouldn't reappear for anything other than cat food commercials" answers the question "Could Disney re-cast Darth Vader using Hayden?" "Could" and "should" aren't synonyms.

23. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004
    I did a search before and now about recasting Hayden as Darth. No threads come up.

And read again. I didn't say could or should. I used "would". Good try though....

-C

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Would" is also not a synonym of "should".

And a little help with your search:

Here

And

Here

And

Here

And

Here

25. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, like I said the over the top delivery of some of the lines (especially the strange psuedo-british accent from Princess Leia in A New Hope) is just one of the millions of things I love about Star Wars. If I want acting I'll watch an independent film. If I want to have fun I watch Star Wars.