main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Would Disney Re-Cast Anakin/Darth Vader over using Hayden again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012
    Yep! I joined the boards recently and honestly am surprised about that. One thing is sure - Hayden's performance improves significantly with every watch of the movies. It's like that with many things. I wonder if everyone that likes him liked him on the first watch of the movie too. I personally like the prequels but never liked Hayden. Is it possible to make polls here? Have there been any on that subject? The result would be interesting. :)

:)

2. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012
    Deal!

3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You see I do not think the Jedi were written as flawed merely stupid. There decision's and actions in the PT were so stupid it was comic
    Some examples range from Yoda starting a galatic civil war with a clone army which he know's were created from suspicious and fake reasons, to Obi-wan jumping into the middle of a bunch of killer robots and cheerfully saying hello.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I disagree but that's cool if you have that interpretation. However, it was the Senate (by giving Palpatine emergency powers) that authorized the use of the clone army not the Jedi. The Jedi were caught in the perfect no win scenario: They could refuse to use the army and let the separatists sweep through the republic and probably capture Coruscant or they could use the only means available to them but under dubious circumstances. Again the Jedi are the servants of the Republic and the Republic is at war with the separatists so the Jedi have very little options left open for them. It doesn't mean they didn't investigate the army further.

As for Obi-Wan I think that was just him being reckless which I love because it illustrates what he was talking about to Yoda in TESB.

5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Anakin got his 6 movie story arc (TPM - ROTJ). It's time for Luke Skywalker to get his (ANH - Episode IX).

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It just wouldn't make sense if Hayden came back. Even as a force ghost.

7. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I think it would make just as much sense as Obi Wan coming back as a force ghost, right? What's the diffrence?

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    How about not claiming to speak for "many people" or "most people" and only speak for yourself? How about owning your opinion and being secure enough in it to not worry about whether the bandwagon is with you?

It's always hilarious when people post about what "most people" think and then use as justification "well, everyone I know thinks X". Does anyone on this board know "most people"?

9. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    To be perfectly honest, I just don't see why Anakin would come back in the first place. Certainly, if there are any family issues, they would have been hashed out in the 30 years between ROTJ and Episode VII? It would seem kind of weird to me that the Skywalker kids wouldn't have resolved those problems by then and would make their inclusion in Episode VII kind of awkward.

Thus, the recasting question seems kind of a moot point.

In my opinion, though, if they include Anakin, I think Christensen should play him unless he is unavailable for whatever reason.

10. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I know many people who dislike Hayden. That simple. Do I have to explain the basis of English grammar for you to understand why I am allowed to make a statement like that? Furthermore I was merely stating an opinion and I wasn't interpreting this opinion as factual by saying "most" people.

11. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    This.

Although... I wouldn't be against a cameo, perhaps in the form of him giving some advice to Luke ala Obi-Wan in V and VI.

Chels and El_Machete12 like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK. Your point would be what exactly?

You getting all pissy and insulting me after I suggested that you simply state your opinion without feeling the need to validate with the assertion that "many people" agree with you, is amusing.

13. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    This tangent is pointless.

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Luke: Dad! Why are you here? To offer me advice?
    Anakin: Umm no. I don't know what I'm doing here. Hey Obi, why are we here again?
    Obi-Wan: **** if I know. Use the force Luke?
    Yoda: Kthxbye.
    Luke: Wow thanks guys. I love pointless cameos.

15. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    LUKE: Father! Why are you here? To offer me advice?
    ANAKIN: Yes my son. Do not be to quick to anger. Look at me. Although I am free from my mechanical prison, I am still shackled to the guilt of killing my wife, Padme...and must reside here in the spectral form, in constant torment, until she can forgive me. She currently resides in Force-Hell in constant pain and torture, and I must venture through my guilt to rescue her, where I will be faced with all the demons and atrocities that have succumbed others to throughout my life. That is the way of things, that is the way of the Force.
    LUKE: Lol, whatever... Laters Pops :) I'm off to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters! Wizard!! :p

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Uuuuuuuugggggghhhhh

17. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I knew Anakin was either killing or having a major part in Mace's death the second he gave Mace that look in TPM.

18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Fair anough, as long as they develop new main characters in Luke's second trilogy, as they certainly did with Anakin in the OT. Anakin was not the main character in all 6, nor should Luke be.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

"Hey baby"

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  20. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Everybody is so hung-up on bloody force ghosts. It worked with Obi-Wan in the OT, but I think it is in danger of becoming rather too cheesy if they use it simply to enable them to bring a money-spinning character back from the dead. However, if they do bring back Anakin as a force ghost, it should be Hayden and they shouldn't overdo it.

With regard Hayden's acting, well, I don't think the dialogue was very good. I'm not claiming that he's a great actor, but even the greatest actor is going to struggle with some of the crappy dialogue that many of the PT characters had to speak. Natalie Portman had some duff lines, too.

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I agree with that. They shouldn't have any force ghosts if it isn't really well done as part of the story, and they shouldn't be major parts, more like Obi-Wan in the OT, something brief but somewhat significant. They shouldn't have them in much of the movie..

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I say make Anakin a major character! They probably won't, but I see it as a natural progression of the story. He is the chosen one and it would make perfect sense to have him take immortality to new heights.
    Again, I don't think they'll go for it, but I'd be all for it.
    And no, I don't think they would re-cast the part.

"I have become more powerful than any Jedi"
    /LM

23. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    http://www.listoid.com/list/91

http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/13/Topics/1860835

http://www.imdb.com/list/S0j-u4odZg0/

I like this one, the Haden School Of Acting? LOL

!

http://www.ugo.com/movies/the-worst-actors-of-all-time

http://www.ktbs.com/entertainment/A...f-fame/-/145110/115646/-/43vclcz/-/index.html

I Like this one, it kinda breaks the bad delivery of certian lines down

http://freeteawithpurchase.com/post/17641550521/the-top-10-worst-anakin-skywalker-quotes

Note to moderators, I'm making fun of a persons acting ability by posting the links to other peoples opinion of Haden. I'm not making fun of a persons weight (as another poster has done) nor am I making fun of any any members on this forum.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    You don’t like Hayden* Christensen’s acting. We get that. Now let it go.

*PS: you’ve been shown multiple times how to correctly spell the actor’s name. To continue to misspell borders on trolling.