main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Would fans get behind an Anthology film written and produced by Lucas?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by asdv, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asdv

asdv Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2003
    After TFA and now the trailer for Rogue One, there seems to be two lines of thought (not necessarily opposed to each other) presented by fans often enough to seem like a pattern.

Thought one: Many fans do not miss Lucas' influence in storytelling, and while they are grateful for his creative influence to bring us Star Wars, felt it was time for someone else to take the reigns of the storytelling, as they did not like where he was taking the franchise.

Thought two: All of the above said, Lucas' imagination in showing spectacles on screen in the form of new worlds and classic thematic concepts is missed by many fans.

Personally, I'm a fan of Lucas' vision for the franchise and am grateful that he shared his stories with the world.

So all that said, how would fans receive an Anthology Film written and produced by Lucas? Not sure he would be up for it, but I, for one, would be pretty excited for it.

Thoughts?

In Christ forever,
    Mike
    John 3:16

Baron_Papanerd and FRAGWAGON like this.
  2. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    He absolutely would not be up for it.

3. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Lucas' time in the GFFA is over. He created an incredible world, and some incredible stories. He's earned his retirement. Coming out of retirement to try to capture the old magic rarely leads to success.

And there are so many talented directors out there...

Cuaron's up next, I hope.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  4. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I don't know the answer to this question, but it might be the case that the answer isn't 'no.'

Is it 'yes?'

I don't know. Could it be? Maybe. Possibly. Probably? It might be (probably), but probably not. That said, 'no' seems unlikely as well. Possible? Maybe. Could it not happen? Yes ('no').

Actually I'll just go with JabbatheHumanBeing on this one.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  5. Vic Sage

Vic Sage Jedi Padawan

May 1, 2014
    Have someone to make sure he keeps the new continuity straight and I don't see why not. But he's retired.

6. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Cuaron would be awesome...Children of Men, while it garnered considerable acclaim at the time, is still woefully underappreciated, in my view.

I think a great (and somewhat realistic, though not as much as Cuaron) candidate to direct a Star Wars flick would be John Hillcoat.

7. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

Children of Men is an absolute gem. One of the best science fiction films of all time, IMO.

8. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I would love him to return

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  9. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Maybe he would do it down the line. I'd be up for it.

Some fans would still complain. If there is one thing SW fans are good at, its complaining about stuff. (and buying stuff)

10. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Not a chance. Lucas has retired. That being said, yes people would get behind this.

11. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    I think Lucas is too involved with his new pet project: being a one man flash mob eating noodles in random locations around the globe.

[​IMG]

12. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    *Snicker*

Anyways, to the threads question, Why would he come back to a fanbase who ridiculed him for 15 years? And still does?

13. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Nope, Lucas should never do another Star Wars film never ever ever. The 6 he made are perfect.

14. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

I wouldn't say that. We never know if he is needed again. All we know is the moment as of now, not the future.

15. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I would *love* to see George return to the GFFA as I love his films (though I am not a new-direction hater at all).

As has been said, though, I'm not sure that there is anything that would make him come back. We will continue to see his influence (from what Pablo said, all upcoming anthology films apart from Rogue One come from George ideas) but his time in the Star Wars director's chair is over.

And I have to agree with JabbatheHumanBeing - Children of Men is absolutely spectacular and I would love to see Cuaron get a crack at this galaxy.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd love it if GL came back to do a Yoda film.

17. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    No. I somehow think anything he could write at this point would further tarnish his legacy. He can only get a free pass for so long because of what he did many years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.