main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Would it be possible to Troop at the Balloon Fiesta or State Fair Parades???

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ZUBBZERO77, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZUBBZERO77

ZUBBZERO77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I am going to try to find out iformation about these two events...maybe we could design a float or just walk the parades benfiting Breast Cancer Research...or other organizations....what does everyone think???

TK-7911

2. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Sounds Great!!!

3. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    By the way...glad to see you back....when are you having a BBQ? :D

4. ZUBBZERO77

Feb 2, 2005
    [face_dancing] soon Gecko...soon...I feel a presence I have not felt since......[face_thinking]

5. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I'd be interested in doing it at the Balloon Fiesta. I could probably make it to one or two days, probably on the weekends. What is it that you guys do when you do this?

6. skirge5

skirge5 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I do HS band here in Farmington. Unless you get a float, DO NOT do the parade. It is so long, and not to mention it is at midday. In armour, that would be killer (i think the route is roughly three miles, which sounds short but really will wear you out)

7. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    I think that it would be awesome to march in the fair parade. I also think that a float would be a bit much...but thats just me..

8. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Like my wife says you are crazy Vic. That would be hot, hot and more hot. The only way to do it is with a float, or helicopter, or ARC-170

9. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I vote ARC-170....

Yeah, the parade is a killer...at least a mile in armor - no breaks, no water...but a great way to shed an extra 20 - 30 lbs if you're so insipired ;)

We might be able to work one of these events as a charity event..taking pictures for CMN...if we could hook up with someone who could do the pictures/printing & such...*hmmm* Meditate on this I will....[face_thinking]

10. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    I still think the Balloon Fiesta would be cool since that is about all I could get to(I know, I'm self-centered). Again, I ask, what is it that you all do at these things, since I am relatively new here.

11. ZUBBZERO77

Feb 2, 2005
    Well, I know it would get hot and crazy....but what about using a couple of trucksnwhere we could sit down or stand and wave at people....the trucks could have a Star Wars theme, and some of the troops could walk some distance and then get back on...I can ask at my part-time job if I could borrow or rent two trucks for the event...just for the parade...or, Scott, [face_whistling] we can ask permission from the Fire Chief to utilize Ladder 5, what do you think???

It's just an idea, if noone likes it, oh well, I tried........:D

TK-7911

12. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I like it!

13. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Troops on a Fire engine, that rocks!

14. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    That would rock!

"Imperials Supporting Firefighters"

15. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I have a truck we can use for the parade. I also have a CDL if we need to put it to use.

16. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I have a truck we can use for the parade. I also have a CDL if we need to put it to use.

17. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Double post, much?

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Double post, much?

;)

19. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Yeah like they would let us borrow the truck, with all the other ones breaking down. What about VW bugs?

20. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
  21. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Our new buddy JediJason keeps asking us what we actually DO at these events. (Waves, "Hi Jason!)

Here's the best answer I can provide. Depends on the event, JJ. We often do fundraising for the Children's Miracle Network (CMN). We hang out and take pictures with the kiddos (for a voluntary parental donation). Vader and our troopers are real kid-magnets, and actually a lot of adults are drawn to us as well (whether they would admit it or not). It is a seriously cool hoot. We might also march in a parade or show up at the NM Symphony orchestra for a John Williams concert or maybe even just show up at some convention or other event and recruit for the Fan Force. Other times, it's all about wenches and turkey legs, like at the recent Renaissance Fair. We also have a lot of fun together making costumes and props and bowling and laughing until we eject soda from our noses. Whatever we're doing, we're all about the kids and having fun. And great fun it is! I'm like having a second adolescence here. I didn't have a very good one the first time around, so it's about time I had some freakin' fun. I'm 42 and overdue. My biggest charge is the kids. I come as Han Solo, and I'm often the only actual human face in the troop (no helmet or mask), and a lot of the younger kids will come to me when they're just a little shy about the troopers, TIE fighter pilots, and Vader. Vader (Scott, NMfiredawg) and Boba Fett (Colleen, Fett-Boba-Fett) are the stars of the show wherever we go. It is such great fun introducing the kids to Lord Vader and trying to evade Fett. Especially when Vader says, "Pull my finger." (No, it's a trap, it's a trap!)

So, JJ, does this sound like fun to you? It's the very best fun I've had in a very long time. Hope you'll join us. Do you have a costume? We can help you with that if you need a hand. We do have a couple of Jedi and some good seamsters. I am handy with props and set construction.

Come hang out wid us, bro!

-propgeek

22. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Hey propgeek, I'd love to come hang out with you guys. Sounds like a lot of fun. But it is kind of hard for me to at this time because my parents don't like Star Wars, and I have to see all of the movies behind their backs. I guess it is about time for me to figure out how to move out. My brother (JediMasterOrgana) and I will try to get to the Star Wars symphony in September since our parents know we enjoy the music. Sort of thinking about a costume, but it's in the planning stages so far.

23. JediMasterOrgana

JediMasterOrgana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2005
    Is it possible to pay one of you guys to make one if we couldn't find one elsewhere, and if so how much would it cost?

24. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    My brother here has a great idea for us, is their anyone who is willing to make a costume. Jedi here please.

25. fathom33

fathom33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Just to stick in my two cents... I have a '69 Light Blue VW Bug if we need to use it for anything and we also have Sean's Jeep which we could remove the top off of and a few troops could jump in the back... plus the license plate says BOBAFETT and we could have some fun with that... If needed.

Also have a Chevy (and possibly a Ford too) Full Size extended cab pick up we could rig up w/ banners down the sides or something...

Still loving the Firetruck Idea... Although, I would be more drawn to wanna dress up as a figherfighter than SW HA HA... [face_laugh] Just Because that would be way cool...

Maybe some kinda Princess Leia/Firefighter getup... how cool would that be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.