main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Would it be possible to Troop at the Balloon Fiesta or State Fair Parades???

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ZUBBZERO77, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I so want a vintage VW! [face_love]

2. fathom33

fathom33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    We may be selling it... hope not though.. I would be sad and that is my 16th Birthday Car.. [:D]

3. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    jedijason: So just curious - are your parents REALLY against Star Wars or just "eh" about it? That's a bummer.

JediMasterOrgana: You might want to post a request in the Costuming Thread to see if anyone could make you a costume...I have a limited knowledge of sewing, but enough that I made my own costumes (barring TIE fighter) so far.

4. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome back Michelle! You were missed on Sunday!!

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I know...missed you guys too! But I was thinking of you all the while :)

Linda says hi!

6. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Again, curious.

Why?

8. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    As a Christian, she is not really big on too many movies because of the language, violence, and sex. I am also a Christian, but when I first watched the Star Wars movies, I found these to be great films. Their was a lack of these three elements, even though I wish they were a little more violent. Plus she sees Star Wars as a tool of the devil, I don't know why this is. In short, this is the reason here.

9. fathom33

Jul 14, 2005
    It is crazy that you say that cause my Dad and Stepmom are the same way. They think that Star Wars is witchcraft and a tool of the devil. I have been down defending Star Wars' road. I believe they still feel that way, but they allow my younger brother to only like certain parts of star wars including any Troopers, but never Yoda or Darth Vader. And they hate the "using the force" part... I could go on and on. But I totally disagree and think Star Wars is just one of those classic tales of good verses evil.

This is like sitting on the sidelines of conversations I've had in my past about this same subject. Nuts... man, nuts.

And Sean and I are as well Christians, but we do not let other things change our overall beliefs.

10. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Yes, this is one of the reasons I love this series and the Lord of the Rings which my dad likes. But mom won't let him see the movies. I myself don't see anything too wrong with the concept of the Force, even though I know it does combine elements of other religions. Like you, my love of Star Wars doesn't change my other beliefs in any way.

11. fathom33

Jul 14, 2005
    Exactly. But I do give you credit for still holding respect for your parents wishes... hard to do some times.

12. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Thanks, but back on topic here. Trooping at the Balloon Fiesta anyone? I know you are all into the State Fair, and I think that would be fun, but I still vote Balloon Fiesta.

13. fathom33

Jul 14, 2005
    I vote both if I can get my costume together by then...

14. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    The Stae Fair Parade sound like a cool idea. The Jedi can walk around and have lightsaber fights while everyone else in Trooper/Vader/Fett plastic shell costumes can relax as they sit on a float or flatbed.

15. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    DITTO!

16. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Has Anyone put in an application for us to walk in the Parade? The Apps need to be in no later than August 17th. Here is a link to a pdf of the rules and an application. http://exponm.com/05pdfs/parade/parade_comb.pdf
    We're running out of time and need to get this in if we really want to do this.

17. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Good to know Jon! Ok...who wants to do this?

18. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    we don't have to make a float do we? can we just march?
    a float would be cool-- but i'm not sure we have the means to do something like that.

19. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    If the people in armor could ride in the back of something that would be best. Otherwise people would die during the parade route.

20. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    True...although we'd get a lot of publicity that way!!

21. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    Yeah, it'd show how hard core we are! (or crazy, whichever you like)

22. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    The funeral would be a perfect trooping event!!

23. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    To be honest I don't think we can get a float together in time. But I think that if we just had like a truck with banners on the sides and in the back some jugs of water. If we had peeps no in costume get the troops some water while walking It would help out alot. And if we did have a truck.. 2 or 3 troopers can take a break on the tail-gate for a couple of min if the heat gets real bad.

Just a few thoughts

24. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Could I wear my ST:DS9 costume?
    [image=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/144070/EZUUI-PropgeekDS9avatar.JPG]
    It's mostly black and I would almost certainly pass out from heat exhaustion. Then all the stormtroopers could gather round me and point and paugh and make comments about Star Trek "pussies" and stuff. That would be a riot!

Or I could just play waterboy and the stormtroopers could call me "Boy" and stuff.

Or I could wear my Han Solo costume and blow a stormtrooper away every now and then. I've got that cool MR blaster now.

Somebody shut me up! Please!

25. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I have a rennaisance dress and can be a water wench! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.