main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Would it be possible?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Exploding_Chicken, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exploding_Chicken

Exploding_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    Hmmm....I'm not sure whether this has been done before, but I was wondering:
    If we all put our multiple skills/creative tallent to the test do you think it would be possible for us (NSW FanForce, maybe some others as well) to create a half decent (if not pretty damn good) FanFilm for Star Wars? I mean, we have ppl who can write and have imaginations, others who know how to film (Caz...), ppl who can act, and I'm sure a few of us know how to make costumes and props and the like...
    What do you guys think?
    Sure, we'd need money, time, a script, some more time...but I think it could be feasible. Tell me what you think.

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    We're in the process of finishing one now, and Im starting work on a second.

3. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    "The Speeder that couldn't slow down"

4. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    Oh hell yeah!
    I would like to be involved in acting, writing the script, set building (something that can put my artistic skills to use), costume design...
    And I have a video camera, and a plastic lightsabre :p

5. Telpefac

Telpefac Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    Sounds interesting.. I would act.. my creativity level is around zero though so I wouldn't help with ideas.. i'd like to be someone evil.. who is really good.. and witty.... yeah

6. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    Hmmm...well I'm not sure about you but I really want a good script and some good direction...i have some ideas up my sleeve already, but they might not really be suitable for very low budget fanfilm...

anyone wanna do sfx?

7. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Like Scream said, Highlight To Read was a movie a lot of FFNSW people worked on. Scream's also interested in doing another comedy flick.

By fanfilm do you mean an EU/AU fanfilm set in the SW galaxy, or any movie made by SW fans?

8. Stunt_Monkey

Stunt_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I would make a really good fake rock......

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    the idea I have for my new one is a Fanforce Horror flick. Linda came up with the name "I know what you saw last summer" which I dig.

10. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    Sounds interesting, script writing and maybe filming would be my talents. Last time I did acting I was in an English classroom in year 7 :p

11. Exploding_Chicken

Nov 23, 2002
    What's AU...? No, I'd like to do something EU...you know, with a good script/storyline, acting, lightsabres, set, costumes etc. etc. I don't see why we could not make a project out of it or something, and I don't see why se could not do it. Our only let down, as far as I could see it, would be in the SFX dept., unless some of you know how to make fake lightsabres look real...
    But I'm open to ideas. I'd love to do it.

12. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    I can do rotoscoping (the frame by frame saber editing), but it's long, tedious, tiresome, boring, and mind-destroyingly dull when it's 25-30 fps (depending on camera) and you've got a 2 minute fight to edit

13. Exploding_Chicken

Nov 23, 2002
    Hmmm...a two minute sabre fight, eh?
    Well, I'd love to have something like this to organise and actually work for. I think we could (if we work together, etc. etc.) do a half decent if not pretty damn cool fanfilm. I'd like to do an EU type fanfilm with Jedi and the like...but that's just me. I could have a script up and running, or at least some of one, in a few weeks. I have a few ideas, but I am open to sugestions. If we were to get something like this organised, we'd need quite a bit of involvement, and people with different skills and the like (filming, organising, acting, writing, costume designs, drawing etc.). If anyone would like to do something, or has any suggestions, then bring them forth...or don't. Really, it's up to you ;)

14. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    i dont want to curb your enthusiasm, but its not as easy as u make it sound. Shooting something involving sets, costumes, special effects, a large cast, locations, crews etc isnt easy.

Hell, HTR was set on Earth, and it took over a year just to get to the point to shoot. Then there was several months shooting, not including pickups, and I have been editing for over a month. And I havent STARTED on ADR yet. Then theres all the Special effects that Josh is doing, which he works on for several hours on almost every night, and hes not even half way! And thats just lightsabers and lightning.

I have been writing a Sci Fi script for some time now. Not Star Wars, just a sci fi. And i have decided to shelve it for awhile, because logistically, financially and in terms of skill level its beyond what I think i could pull off.

Ill help u out with camera work and stuff, but I think you should be aware thatwhat you're attempting is VERY hard!

15. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    I too sense much hard work ahead

16. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    I don't see why we could not make a project out of it or something, and I don't see why se could not do it. Our only let down, as far as I could see it, would be in the SFX dept., unless some of you know how to make fake lightsabres look real...

LOL! [face_laugh]

Sorry man, lightsabres are the LEAST of your problems. ;)

Budgeting and finance, scripting, pre-production planning, shoot schedueling, casting, costuming, sets, props, locations, CATERING! And after all that...the unexpected. ;)

Do some research before you start off. Think about what kind of story you want to bring to life, how you're going to make it possible, what resources you'll need, and where you'll get those resources. This might help you. Also ask yourself if you REALLY want to make a fanfilm. It's a lot of money, time, and effort. I know I had times while shooting HTR where I'd think to myself if it was worth it.

Good luck! :D

BTW, I'm learning how to do lightsabre effects in After Effects. Much quicker than rotoscoping (the frame-by-frame process PM was talking about) and easier too. If I'm not too busy when you get into post-production I might be able to help out. :)

17. Exploding_Chicken

Nov 23, 2002
    You're probably right (probably most certainly), but I'd love to do a fanfilm...probably. Hmmm...the way I see it, there will be no real need for heavy sets...maybe a few, but not many. I'll have to think this over for a bit, but it would be a really cool thing to do.

18. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Hey, if u can pull it off, more power to ya. But theres a reason that Im gonna be doing a film set on EARTH and with my friends as the cast, pretty much playing themselves. Its 100 times easier, and even then its hard!

19. Exploding_Chicken

Nov 23, 2002
    Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, Scream, but I'd still like to give the fanfilm a try...I'll realise later of course how much uh...<insert swear word here>...I'm in later. As it stands, what I have planned for the script will not require that much sfx, or set, a couple of costumes and actors taboot, and a few ppl with cameras who know how to use the stuff.
    But I'll see what will be involved as things progress.

20. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Well, the next fan film I'm going to get myself involved with will be my own. Since I currently have no plans to ever make a fan film...

well, you can take that however you see fit.

21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Bummer Matt, I was writing u as a kind of Shaggy character in my new one...

22. Deagle_Raa

Deagle_Raa Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    I have planned for the script will not require that much sfx, or set, a couple of costumes and actors

Star Wars film without much special effects? Is that possible?
    Sorry to put you down, but everyone will at one stage have an idea for a great fanfilm. Unfortunately unless you come up with a script, a schedule, and you get off your arse and do it nothing ever happens. Exploding_Chicken, if you really want it to happen, you'll need to put a 500% effort into it before others take you seriously.

23. Exploding_Chicken

Nov 23, 2002
    Hey, I'm motivated, but I'm not going to take the attitude that this is going to be an instant failure or anything. It has been done before, and I am motivated, and willing to put in the effort. I'll just see how far I get.
    Anyway, a script is underway and I have all these ideas going through my head at the mo. I'm also doing some research on the time period and some EU and movie characters etc. of the time. If it requires, I'll ask for some help from you guys, if anyone'd be willing (save for who's said they would consider doing acting and the like...sfx...etc.). But I'll put in the effort, don't worry about that.

24. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Sometimes you've just gotta get it out of your system and make your movie. If I didn't do HTR I'd still be itching to make a fanfilm. Second time I met Scream IRL was being an extra on his film! :D

25. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    I came up with this idea while chatting to slavey about what happened to my friend Jessica. Jess told me this on Friday, just as we were leaving school...

What she said was that her parents had cut her off from the computer altogether by pulling out the keyboard. I don't know WHAT has gotten into their heads, but they always do stuff like this to her. She's also been cut off from the phone line, and hasn't been allowed access to any form of media (though she gets out of the house every so often, she still doesn't get much on what's going on on TV and in the world ATM). So no TV, no magazines, no radio...all because she laughed at a politician on TV when she was in Korea...
    we could make it that this happens to a teenage SW fan I guess this is similar to HTR, but perhaps we could expand on that???
    Maybe make it the reverse of HTR???
    Okay, we could make it that (if I were playing the main char) she's not allowed to watch ANYTHING on TV except if it's Chinese drama shows, or wuxia, which is that historical drama type. Okay, maybe she could have been cut off from "the outside world" because her marks have been failing miserably and she can't read any magazines, listen to any radio, etc. unless it's Chinese, cos her parents want her to be able to understand Chinese and to read it...
    Any other ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.