main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Would it have made a difference?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Bob the X-Winger, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Would it have made a difference in ESB had Darth Vader been Luke's brother, Uncle or Obi Wan's twin brother.

"Luke Obi Wan never told you i am his identical twin".

Takes off his helmet and before Luke is Obi Wan's face.

"Why did you not tell me Obi Wan, Why".

The story could certainly be altered slightly and Maybe Luke might have joined the Dark Side.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Now that is a plot idea I never heard of. [face_thinking] Definitely a wrinkle. =D=

The "I am your father" is an umphier reveal though. ;)

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or, drawing from the Cave scene - Vader is Luke's clone (or vice versa). Imagine Vader removing the top of his helmet, to reveal bald Mark Hamill.

4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    "No, I am Chewbacca's father"

"No, I am your r63 mother"

"No, I am Yoda and the green dude was an evil impostor"

"No, I am just some douche"

Could've gone any which way, I suppose. I'd be interested most in the AU where he actually did say "Obi-Wan killed your father"

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    After seeing TFA, I wondered if GL ever considered revealing that Vader was Obi-Wan's son.

6. Pacified_llama

Pacified_llama Jedi Master star 3

Sep 15, 2017
    Having the brother relationship rather than it be paternal would have intriguing knock-on effects for the PT, of course. The thematic base would have been entirely different. The trauma of their childhoods, the divergence etc.

The Father - Son relationship, incredibly important in ROTJ, wouldn't function and I think the whole trilogy would be relegated to more simple storytelling. However, it would have been fun to explore Luke's choice - choosing between Obi-Wan and his brother, say. It makes the generational gap rather bizarre, though.

Oddly enough, Vader as Luke's brother sounds like a plot development far more likely in today's cinema, than in 80s cinema. There is a certain self-consciousness in popular culture today that finds the evil-twin relationship rather vogue, for all number of reasons (a fascinating discussion to have, not too relevant here or to the JCF).

Lulu Mars likes this.
  7. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I think it was originally going to be "No, I am just some douche," which is what he was meant to be back in 1977.

Iron_lord and Seagoat like this.
  8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Mind blown.

9. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    What if Darth Vader was Luke's mother, that would have been a twist. She turned after Obi-Wan killed Anakin. That would have been crazy. If Padme was Force Sensitive.

Vader and the Emperor being powerful Political allies from Naboo, before Padme turning Sith after Anakin's Death. ROTS ending close to the same, except Anakin dying and the Council lying to Padme to keep her powerful offspring away from Palpatine. Padme had been in a coma after child birth, but didn't die. The Council knowing they're Political allies and being sure Palpatine knows those are the offspring of her and Anakin.

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Sounds a lot like Darths & Droids.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017

I am not familiar with Darth & Droids. Is it a book ?

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's a screencap comic - the PT, OT, and Rogue One (a short way into Rogue One so far) done as if they were roleplaying game sessions:

http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0001.html