main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would it really be SO painful to look at this real quick?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wampasmak, Apr 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    (Sorry I blinked out for a few days, I got smacked by a wampa. Just woke up.)

Alarms blared in the hallway as Nokij ran, Veetee and Slar close behind him. They had to hurry; Mokk was probably already back at the shuttle waiting for them. Every second wasted was a second the Rebellion didn't have a chance against these super-stardestroyers.

He heard voices around the corner, and ducked into a shadowy alcove just in time to see a squad of stormtroopers marching in formation, taking a prisoner to the detention block. Nokij turned his head as he tried to see the prisoners face...

...Oh my God...

He started to charge, started to cry out his brothers name, when a pair of strong arms wrapped around him, one holding him back and the other covering his mouth.

"Hey!" Slar whispered sharply. "That won't solve anything." he paused, letting Nokij calm down. "I don't like this anymore than you do, but...getting these plans out takes top priority. He'd tell you that, if he was here."

"Perhaps, after the plans are delivered, a rescue could be attempted?" Veetee said hopefully.

"I dunno. We'll have to see what we can do." He turned to Nokij. "I'm sorry kid."

Nokij sighed. "Let's just get those plans out of here."

Mokk was shoved into a dark cell, and the door was shut behind him. He heard the guards laughing as he studied the layout of the room. A single glowpanel overhead cast a faint glow on the room, deepening into shadows in the corners. A small cot with a worn cushion on it sat to one side of the cell, and a refresher unit sat on the other side.

"I've seen worse." Mokk said to himself.

He was suprised when a female voice answered back. "Really? I didn't know it could get any lower than this."

Mokk laughed. "Try less light, no cushion and a hole in the ground instead of the fresher unit."

"Oh." The voice replied. "Sorry, I'm not used to places like this."

"Who are you?" Mokk asked the ceiling. Could this be an imperial trick? But what would be the point?

"My name is Mitti Mannou." she paused. "And you are?"

"Mokk Hai'h." He said, still looking at the roof. "Where are you?"

"I think I'm in the cell to the left of yours, but I'm not really sure."

"How long have you been here?"

"About three days, I think. Can't be sure without a crono, and they're in short supply. They threw me in here after I refused to pay the new taxes. Killed my sister, too." her voice got quicker, and gained an edge. "I mean, what's the point of having people killed over every stupid reason? Do you know what its like to lose someone to that?"

Mokk thought about his fathers death, shot in the head for not bowing. "Yeah, I know what you mean."

Slar piloted the shuttle into open space above Fondor. As soon as they were out of range of the planets sensors, he sent a coded signal to a hidden ship nearby.

"You guys ready?" Slar yelled to the back of the shuttle.

"For what?" Veetee asked.

"This ships picking up the plans for us. We're going back."

2. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Very cool. Mokk's met a girl! It's lil' bro to the rescue!!!

3. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000

Ok, this story has one or two posts left in it, in the mean time start drooling because after that I'm starting the fourth and final story and that will blow all the other ones away. I promise.

4. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    I will never let this thread go, as Whiskey put it, the way of the Dodo. If I had time I'd post now, but I don't, so I'll post tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>How's a thread supposed to survive on two replys between each story post?

-Me, five seconds ago

5. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Last week 5-15-00, my wife gave birth to our son, Michael Scott. He is our first Jedlet.

Here is a pict on our home page: http://mir.spaceports.com/~tbx/index.html http://mir.spaceports.com/~tbx/index.html

6. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Congrats! And great pic (I wish I had one of those from when I was a baby!).
    -Lokmer

7. kal dahr

kal dahr Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2000
    Congrats! And I LOVE that pic! Just wait 'till he's old enough to know about Star Wars.

8. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Congratulations mate! May God, and the force, be with your whole family! Look after him! U never know who he'll grow up to become!

9. Flamberge

Flamberge Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2000
    His midi-chlorian count is over 20,000!!! And the best part is, he isn't too old to begind the training!

"He is the chosen one! You must see it!"
    (congrats man)

- Flamberge

10. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
  11. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    The server must hate my story.

Nokij, Slar and Veetee sat in a cheap hotel room, waiting for their contact to arrive. Hopefully, this guy would have the information they needed to rescue Mokk. They waited.

"This is stupid!" Nokij said at last. "We should just go!"

"No, THAT'S stupid." Slar replied. "I dunno about you, but I have a wife and daughter, so I'm not so eager to rush to my death. Better to find out everything we can first."

"But Mokk is in there..." Nokij started.

"I know, I know, but getting ourselves killed won't do him any good...Where IS this guy?"

Veetee spoke up from behind the bed. "It is only 5.43 minutes after the agreed upon time. Have patience."

"Easy for you to say." Nokij grumbled. "How can a piece of metal be anxious?"

Veetee floated a few inches higher. "I may be a droid, but that does not mean I am without emotions. I care for Master Mokk as much as you do. If it weren't for him, I would have been dismantled as scrap by the imperials."

Just then, the door chimed, and a worn looking old man with gray skin stepped in. "helloooouuua" he said, dragging out the end as much as possible. "I understand you need some informationnnna."

"Yes." Slar took the lead. "We need to know all we can about the imperial detention block by the shipyards."

"The Shipyardssssa? Are you insaneeeeaa? Something big is going on therrrreeeaa. It's locked up tighter than anywhere else on Fondooorrrraaa. There's no way you'd get innnn."

"Well, we've gotta try. Now are you gonna help us or not?" Nokij tossed a credit chit from one hand to the other.

"Suit yoursellllllfff. Now what is it you neeeeedda?"

Mokk sat in his cell, staring at the glowpanel overhead. Maybe if he tossed his shoe up there, he could knock it down, then?

The plan died as Mokk turned his head slightly to the left and caught the reflected light. There was a layer of glass between him and the glowpanel. He might be able to break it, but what kind of idiot trys to break a giant piece of glass above him?

Defeated, he slumped back onto the bunk and wondered what to do. Over the past few hours, he had talked to Mannou and even engaged her in a couple of word games and a few verses of, "Comin' home on second-rate cruiser", but Mitti was asleep now, so that cut off a whole lot of options. He had tried to figure out an escape plan, but nothing seemed workable.

I hope I get some food soon? He thought. I'm starving?

The boredom continued.
    Comments wel- oh cut the poodoo, I'm beggin you for comments! (Everybody knows that?s what's really being said when an author says "Comments welcome")

[This message has been edited by Wampasmak (edited 05-24-2000).]

12. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Well done, Padawan!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Douz:
    Last week 5-15-00, my wife gave birth to our son, Michael Scott. He is our first Jedlet.

Here is a pict on our home page: http://mir.spaceports.com/~tbx/index.html http://mir.spaceports.com/~tbx/index.html

13. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    Congratulations!
    Love the pic!

P.S. Can't wait to see your film!

Darth Milarc

"He is too old."

14. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    This returned to page three in record time

15. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Don't worry, I'm still reading.

Just looking forward to a nice juicy action sequence.

16. Darth Maniacos

Darth Maniacos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2000
    Congratulations!!!!!!

There are always two,no more no less,a Star Wars-Fan and his apprendice!!!!!!

17. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    Oh, this is beginning to get good. Of course, it was good right from the start...so I guess it's getting better...yeah, that's it.

Alright, Darth Writer's Block, come get some tongue.gif

18. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Congrats man!

"Promise me... you will train the boy, he is the chosen one..."

19. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Sorry I'm taking so long, gotta fight the evil sith Darth Server, not to mention his apprentice Darth Writers Block and a horde of their plot-bunny henchmen. If I manage to wrestle down all of these, I may have a nice long post tomorrow. Don't you just hate these guys?

20. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Nokij, Veetee and Slar sat outside the shipyard under the deep-red of the Fondor night sky. Slar peered into his electrobinoculars. "Oh no?" he breathed.

"What is it?" Nokij asked, leaning up beside Slar.

He handed Nokij the binoculars. "Look, right there. See?" he pointed.

Nokij swore. "Is that what I think it is?"

Slar nodded. "We'd better get back to town. We're gonna need some more supplies."

The next day, with their supplies loaded, they set out for the shipyard once again. The entry codes had been changed since they last came, but Veetee was able to get them in. Slar took the lead, holding his blaster at a ready position. Veetee, having no weapons of his own, stayed between them while Nokij took the rear.

As they rounded a blind corner they almost ran in to a pair of stormtroopers. One snapped his blaster up, and Slar shot him first. The second one just stood there, and Slar thought he was surrendering, until he heard the muffled voices. He was speaking into a comlink! Slar quickly put a hole in him and turned back to Nokij.

"We've gotta hurry. They know we're here."

After a few tense battles, they reached the detention block. Slar checked the console. "Mokk's in cell 4528. Go get your brother."

Nokij grinned and ran down the corridor. That takes care of the easy part? Slar thought.

Nokij checked the cell numbers as he ran. 4522?4524?4526? 4528! He keyed the entry pad and the door slid aside to show Mokk, wide awake and smiling widely. "Can't you be any quieter? I heard you coming from a mile away."

"Nice to see you too. Come on!" Nokij started to run back.

"Wait!" Mokk said.

"What?"

"Open the cell next too mine."

"Why? Who's in it?"

"A friend."

Slar quickly armed Mitti and Mokk.

"What's with all the heat?" Mokk said, looking at the huge packs on Slar and Nokijs backs, "You're rescuing me, not killing Darth Vader."

Slar looked uneasy. "We've, uh?.got another problem."

"What's wrong?" Mokk asked.

"The Empires building another Super in the dock at the north end. And its almost finished."

Mokk just stared at him. Finally, all business, the commander of the mission turned toward the door. "Then we better work quick."

[This message has been edited by Wampasmak (edited 05-27-2000).]

21. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    [Whips out the Scorpion Harpoon]

GET OVER HERE!!

22. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
  23. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Mitti set another charge on the side of the massive starships engine. She didn't know what exactly she had gotten herself into, but she knew it would hurt the Empire. That was a good thing.

There was no way they could set charges all over the super star destroyer, it would take days, and more imperial troopers could arrive any minute. But a few large explosions at key structural weak points would take it out.

After setting her last charge, she went to see if Mokk needed any help setting his charges. As Mitti ran past a viewport she caught a glimpse of Slar Wilop guarding the doorway. Interesting bunch of characters, this. The two idealistic brothers, a smartmouth droid and the giant grin.

As she reached the corridor, she spotted Mokk planting a charge on a conduit. He turned as he heard her approaching. "You done already?" he asked.

"Yeah, I didn't have that many."

"Wanna give me a hand with these?" He said, gesturing toward the explosives on his back.

"How many are left?"

"I've got two to plant near the bridge, and then one down by the underbelly."

Just then, Nokijs voice came from the comlink. "Mokk! Veetee says there's more guards on the way!"

Mokk nodded, then switched his comlink over to Slars frequency. "Nokij and Veetee say theres more imps comin'. Get ready."

Slar clutched his blaster tighter. He had a feeling their good luck was about to run out. They had used it all up getting in here. Nokij and Veetee, all the while bickering, had managed to slice into the work schedules and order most of the workers and guards away. But there had still been enough to make getting in a chore.

He saw the stormtroopers a moment before they fired. There's no excuse for that he chided himself as he returned fire, you allowed yourself to be distracted.

As more troopers appeared in the doorway, he made a decision. Slar snapped his comlink up. "Mokk, theres too many of em'. Set those charges and get out of here!"

He turned and ran.

(Sorry for the short post. I'll have more soon as I beat down this writers block that's been attacking me )

[This message has been edited by Wampasmak (edited 05-31-2000).]

24. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    Going up!

Excellent story so far, man. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Whoa...evil plot bunny...just a sec.
    &lt;SMACK!!!&gt;
    Ewww...bunny guts...gross...

Above translation: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

25. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Try and get that writer's block worked out.

I gotta find out if they blow that Super Star Destroyer up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.