Would Ken (Palpatine) made a better Darth Caedus?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BROWNHORNET, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaySkywalker01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah...ambiguity seems to be the name of the game. Oh well.
  2. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    You should have voted for something else, then.
  3. jSarek VIP

VIP
    star 4
    Right. Palpatine got Mammon Hoole and Borborygmus Gog to do some experiments in the spontaneous generation of life, which may or may not have used some of Palpy's own DNA.
  4. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    Abel Pena indicated that Palpatine's dna did play a role, making Triclops some sort of unholy IVF experiment... :p
  5. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Hence my reference to the WotC article specifically, an out of universe source in which she is out and out called a Sith and it is stated that Lumiya does not actually ascend to the mantle of Sithdom until her training beneath Vergere.

Yes, it's ridiculous, badly sourced and researched but... WotC articles have always been canon before. :oops:

*Eyes Narrow*
  6. jSarek VIP

VIP
    star 4
    It was Abel's original intent, yes, but it was cut from the final article, so whether his DNA actually played a role is currently ambiguous.
  7. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Jacen Skywalker ftl.

The thing with OOU sources is that they can be altered, whereas the original texts pretty much can't. I don't think I'm grasping at straws: Vergere as a Sith does not actually square with the evidence. Vergere as a dabbler in Sith Lore? Maybe. Hell, maybe Vergere even made the mistake of providing Lumiya with Sith artifacts or knowledge/techniques picked up from the Sith, but...
  8. DarthAdamentum Jedi Master

star 3
    you think?
  9. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I concur.
    Yeah, yeah. I hear ya, no worries there.

It's just... LFL/DR... grrr. LFL/DR. I think we can all agree that it is a retcon they are trying to force down our throats, even if loop-holes have been spotted.

I don't care if Vergere is out and out wrong in her teachings, but to make her into a Sith is silly-as-moose.

Grr. LFL/DR.

Or should we blame Denning? :p
  10. DarthAdamentum Jedi Master

star 3
    wonder when will Darth Acheron make her appearence... hmm
  11. Earthknight Jedi Master

star 4
    It would've been nice to see the pacifist Jacen Solo take on the total opposite of himself which would've been Caedus( Ken Palpatine). So yeah, I think Ken would've been a better Caedus.
  12. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    Do any of you really know what you're talking about here?

Ken and Triclops were both pacifists, Rebel alliance supporters and good guys. Ken showed less indication of going dark than Jacen did.
  13. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    I maintain they're leaving a back door open, and that that issue of Legacy actually gives us more evidence that she's not a Sith than that she is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.