Would like Ideas for campaign

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Crimson_Jedi_Knight, Aug 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, here is the basics of what is happening so far.

players (4): human force adapt level 2 about to go to level 3, wookie force adept level 2, human scout level 2, rodian soldier level 2

setting: ~ shortly before alderaan's destruction.

known player goals: join alliance, adapts turn jedi.

Any idea's would be helpful.
  2. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Time warp them back to The Golden Age of the Sith via a hyperspace accident or some other convienient plot device.

Their priorities will change significantly. they may want to get back home, seek out the knowledge of the ancient Jedi, or any number of wacky things could happen. Then when they get back, have whatever they have done in the past effect the future. i.e If they introduce cutting edge technology to a primitve race of beings, when they get back that race could have died out completely due to civil war or could be a replacement for the Empire. You get the idea...just be a complete b@stard. My players love it!
  3. Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Good to see you. Thats a... interesting idea but there is something I forgot to mention, they are all green and only one has a little knowledge beyond the original trilogy. With that in mind or what ever. Any more Ideas out there?
  4. E_Greyshadow Jedi Knight

star 2
    Remember - because of Palpatine's stance on the Jedi of the past, NO ONE in the time of the Empire knows about the Golden Age of the Jedi. Your characters will be in pretty much the exact same boat as their characters. It should make for very... interesting role-playing. Sounds like fun! :)
  5. Otto Jedi Knight

star 1
    I always find good adventure/campaign Ideas can be pulled out of the characters backstory. You did have them create backstories for their characters? It can changes the characters motovations and choices for doing things. Instead of the it is evil so lets kill it rut that some players get in to.
  6. The_Revel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the ideas here.... Heres another one.. like the first one who replied said have a hyperdrive accident or something but it doesnt send them anywhere in time. but a differant reality. LIke what if Anakin Skywalker didnt become Darth Vader? Stuff like that I had a campaign once like that and it was one of hte best...
  7. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here's another one. It is geared for a group of force users for obvious reasons. I call it Event Horizon. The tone of this would be distinctly horror. I know, I know it's a departure from the SW Universe, but stay with me here.

The characters are hired to investigate The Merry Man which is a deep space exploration ship that has returned from hyperspace crewless and running by automation only. They are eventually forced apart by closing blast doors (the hull happens to have been changed on a molecular level so that it is impervious to lightsabers). One by one they are confronted by twisted images from their psyche's (you'll need good backgrounds on all of your characters). The power eventually cuts out...leaving them in cold black space. The force users begin to have paranoid delusions and see things(give them the ability to make checks against them at an ever increasing difficulty). Basically they have just entered the belly of a living being of the Darkside. The core of the ship has for some reason become a repository for darkside energy and has animated the ship. It is pure evil...

There are several ways to end this. One character can go over to the darkside and take control of the enormous darkside energies. However, he will pay with his sanity and his soul.

The core can be destroyed with copious amounts of explosives or some other method of turning the ship into a little supernova(it's your non-force users time to shine as they will probably be able to resist the darksides temptations a little better --I give them a bonus on their saves actually)

They can all try to escape somehow (sure go ahead and try LOL!!!) or the ship devoures all their souls and uses them as fuel to find more...

Have fun :D

Edit: For inspiration and more ghastly ideas watch the movie by the same name...
  8. Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Keep the Ideas coming. Yes, Otto I did have them do a history. I used the sheet from the Heros & Rogues book by WEG. I've been updating them info on a need to know basis so far.
  9. The_Revel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like that Event Horizon idea.......
  10. Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
  11. _SithSpawn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I have a campaign that I and my players have been playing for quite some time now. I havn't decided yet exactly how long the campaign is going to be, but the players start at level 1 and at the end of the campaign they are going to be close to level 20. As you can see the campaign is extremely long and I have only figured out the first 9 adventures in it and only played 7 of them yet. So if you really want to listen to my campaign so far please tell me becouse it's going to take me a lot of time to write down and if no1 wants to hear it it's going to be a huge waste of time for me.
  12. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd be glad to hear it...

I'm interested in long campaign's as well, but I haven't had the time to figure a really long one out. I'd like to hear your ideas.
  13. _SithSpawn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Since it's really late here now I'm going to write it down tomorrow. And since it was months ago I played most of these adventures I can unfortunetley not remember many of the details. But as long as you have the plot, I don't think there will be a very big problem for you to come up with the small details. (If you decide to use any of these adventures that is.)
  14. Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm all ears. I started my campaign right before school started. I've got a decent plan for the next few adventures but after that I've got a lot of work.
  15. _SithSpawn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I tried to write down as much as possible of the adventures of my campaign unfortunetley it's now midnight here and I need to wake up early tomorrow and I still havn't managed to write more than the first adventure in the campaign. But here is the first part anyway and since it's so late, please don't complain to much about the spelling, grammar etc.

My campaign takes place during the era of the old republic.
    I'm leaving all the names of characters and the details out since I can hardly remember any of them.
    I have 3 PCs, 2 Jedi Guardians and 1 Jedi Consular.

Adventure 1

20 years ago there were a large battle between the Old Republic and the Sith.
    In the battle the Republic emerged victourious and only 2 Sith Lords are believed to have escaped although that has never been proven.
    No1 has ever heard anything from the Sith since and most of the Jedi Order and the Republic belive the Sith to be extinct.
    In the great battle 20 years ago many Jedi and Sith lost their lives and 1 great Jedi-Master in particular.
    He was a great Jedi Master and the history belives that he was slayed in battle by a great Sith Lord.
    The Sith Lord is also belived to have lost his life later in the battle.
    Just recently a new museum of Jedi-history has opened on Coruscant and they have requested help of the Jedi Order to try to go to the old battlefield and retrieve the slayed Jedi Masters lightsaber.
    The players travel to the system in search of the lightsaber and lands on the totally devestated planet.
    They start searching the location where they belive the Jedi-Master was slayed and after looking long enough (in my case with the help of the force), they find an old lighsaber deep in the dirt.
    It is a very spectacular lightsaber and the characters find themselves all drawn to the lightsaber.
    What the characters really found isn't the lightsaber of the killed Sith Lord.
    It's an extremley mighty weapon loaded with Dark Side energy with the power to corrupt any1 who wields it.
    (My gamerules where that every time the lightsaberuser mortally injures any1 with the weapon he has to make a will saving throw or recieve a dark side point, the weapon also gives the wearer +5 on all dark side skills after the character recieves his first fark side point.)
    The lightsaber gives it's wearer terrible nightmares and more or less is a straight path to the dark side.
    After the PC's find the lightsaber they decide to head home but finds out their ship has been stolen.
    They decide to search the system for another way home.
    After searching a while they find a camp of abandoned old republic soldiers from the great battle 20 years ago.
    They have been stuck there for 20 years since no1 knew they were left behind after the battle.
    1 of the old soldiers has been constructing a ship with parts from the destroyed ships in the battle.
    He is almost finished but he has been searching for the last part to complete the ship for over a year without succes.
    He knows where he can find the last part, unfortunetley it is in the camp of the abandoned Sith soldiers.
    He askes for the players help to retrieve the part.
    The Sith camp lies in an old cruiser that crashed on the planet during the battle.
    (In my campaign the cruiser was standing at an about 60 degree angle and the players had to climb whenever they wanted to go anywhere in the ship.)
    That's pretty much the short version of the 1st adventure.
    When I played it the Jedi Consular was the one that found the lightsaber but he is as much on light side in heart and mind as a character can possibly get and havn't yet, after 6 played adventures recieved a single dark side point, even though not taking any dark side point he has almost gotten himself killed atleast 2 times.
    Jediguardian 1 however was easy to temptate with the dark side and he was seduced by the dark side in the very first adventure even though he wasn't the one with the lightsaber in his possesion.
    At the end of the adventure the Jedi consular decided to leave the lightsaber to the museum even though he didn't have to since the
  16. Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, thanks. I can use at least a little of it. I read more if you're willing to type it.
  17. _SithSpawn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, itreally takes alot of time typing all this stuff but anyway, here are adventures 2,3 and 4. I have probably again forgotten lots of important stuff about them and left pretty much all of the details out.

Adventure 2

The PCs get transferred to another Jedi-Academy by their new pilot and friend that they get early in the adventure.
    They soon learn that the Jedi Academy is on a newly built spacestation and that they are the first jedi to arrive.
    Their Masters has things to do on Coruscant and will not be able to get to the station for another week.
    The PCs also learn that the space station was built without the knowledge of the Republic since it was built in case of an emergency for the Jedi-Order and the Jedi needed somewhere to hide.
    After just a day or two an intruder is discovered on the station.
    The intruder gets away with some stolen information (They actully don't know what the intruder took) and since the PCs are the only Jedi on the station they get the assignment to bring back the stolen information.
    The trail takes them to Nar Shadaa where they are recuired to ask for help by a crime lord to find the intruder.
    When they at last finds the intruder, he leads them right into a trap on a rooftop in wich they are ambushed by lots of soldiers.
    The last thing the Jedi Consular and Jedi Guardian 2 hears before they are stunned is Jedi Guardian 1 calling for assistance from their pilotfriend in the ship on his comlink.
    While the Jedi Consular and Jedi Guardian 2 are unconscious, Jedi Guardian 1 surrenders and is confronted by a Sith lord.
    The Sith Lord convinses Jedi Guardian 1 that the path of the Sith is the right path for him and he becomes a Sith spy/saboteur.
    He is given a Sith artefact that makes it almost impossible to detect his true nature thru the force.
    Jedi Guardian 1 is given the mission to bring the coordinates for the Space station to the sith since the intruder failed to get the coordinates when he was on the station.
    When their pilot friend in their ship arrives, the Sith Lord has already left and the remaining soldiers stage a fight with Jedi Guardian 1 and withdraws when the ship approaches.
    The PCs goes back to the station without the information they tried to retrieve.
  18. _SithSpawn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Adventure 3 and 4
    I write these 2 adventures as 1 adventure since I can't remember where adventure 3 ended and adventure 4 started.
    It could also very well be that the entire adventure is adventure 3 and I totally forgot what adventure 4 was about.

Just 1 day after the PCs return the intruder is spotted on Nar Shadaa and the PCs head back to try to capture him.
    When they find him (Jedi Guardian 1 finds him) he sacrifices himself in a staged battle with Jedi Guardian 1 before the other PCs can react to make them lose all their clues and leads to who is behind everything.
    Just before the "battle" between JG 1 and the intruder JG 1 hands over the coordinates of the space station to a spy.
    Before the PCs are able to leave Nar Shadaa the Crime lord calls in the favor they owe him.
    They are to take back some goods from a rival Crime lord that were stolen from the Crime lord.
    After they retrieve the stolen goods they get a bounty on their heads by the rival crime lord.
    When they arrive back at the Jedi academy station their masters has already arrived.
    Unfortunetley the station has been taken over my an unknown military group and they are attacked by the unknown soldiers when they land.
    They are saved by their Jede Masters wich have evaded capture and jumps out of the ventilation shafts during the battle.
    The PCs learn that a Jedi Knight has been captured by the invading forces and is being held in the docking bay at the other side of the station with a group of other prisoners that were captured in the attack.
    Their mission is to free the Jedi Knight and the prisoners while their masters attempt to try control of the bridge in order to open the hangar doors that has just closed behind them.
    After their escape on their way back to Coruscant JG 1 attaches a small homing device on the Jedi Knight they have just rescued.
    Not long after their arrival to coruscant the senate learn of the secret space station and the question wheather the Jedi Order can be trusted or not becomes a large debate.
    The PCs and the Jedi Knight they rescued are assigned to diplomatic duty.
    They travel around coruscant trying to convince the senators that the Jedi can be trusted.
    Becouse of the homing device that JG 1 attached to the Jedi Knight, she is assasinated.
    Some Jedi are starting to get worried for the future becouse of the assasination.
    The PCs travel around talking to diffirent senatorn and it goes pretty well until they get to the Bothan Senator.
    He isn't a huge fan of the Jedi Order and the PCs are unable to convince him that the Jedi can be trusted.
    When they leave his office a bomb goes off and the senator is killed.
    Since almost every1 knows the bothan wasn't to found of the Jedi Order, the PCs are suspected to have murdered the senator.
    This heavily boosts the anti-jedi side of the campaign and the PCs gets wanted for murder by the bothans.
    They have to decide on wheather they want to investigate the murder of their Jedi friend or the senator.
    Whayever they choose, they don't find anything in their investigation and the adventure ends with the PCs being hunted by an angry group of bothans.

Want me to continue?

Any comments or questions?
  19. _SithSpawn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Dammit I really don't like microsoft. Luckily i managed to post adventure 3 and 4 just 1 second before IE closed itself down.
  20. Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Jedi_Xen Jedi Master

star 4
    You're right before the destruction of Alderaan, you can do what we did in one campaign. We were with a group of Pirates that decided to hold Alderaan for ransom (figuring it was easy to take since it was defensless, not the brightest group of people in the galaxy), the fleet arrived out of hyperspace as luck would have it as the Death Star began to fire on Alderaan. The flagship, a Dreadnaught, was caught in the Death Star's blast, unfortunatley for the Death Star the explosion being so close to the Super Weapon damaged it. Lord Vader led the assault on Alderaan, Bail Organa and his niece, Nial barely escaped. Millions were slaughtered on Alderaan, most who fled were caught in the tractor beam, as was the Falcon when it arrived. Luke, Chewie, Han and Ben rescued the princess to escape. (Vader was on Alderaan when Ben was on the Death Star so, Kenobi serves a greater role in the Rebellion).
    In irony, the Pirates, who attended to bring Alderaan to its knees became its greatest defenders. Obi-Wan became a general in the Rebellion and millions of people were saved.

The Down Side for the Rebellion: Yes Alderaan was intact, the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi had come to restore freedom, and Bail Organa was still alive. In spite of all this, the weapons on the Death Star was not operational, Tarkin took the battlestation back to the Maw to have it repaired. Alderaan laid under the heel of the Empire, the Battle of Yavin never takes place and the Rebel plans are rendered useless when the exhaust port is discovered to be a flaw and fixed. The Rebellion struggles on, but with better leadership.
  22. Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting twist. Right now they are on Alderaan. I'm planning the destruction really soon, too.
  23. _SithSpawn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry that I havn't posted the rest of the adventures earlier but I have been busy.
    Here are adventure 5, 6 and 7 but they are described in much less detail than the first 4 adventures.

Adventure 5

This is a very short adventure in wich Jedi Guardian 1 decided that he really wanted the lightsaber they recovered in adventure 1.
    To do this he has to break into the museum avoiding all the advanced security systems.
    In my adventure he asked for a favor by a crime lord wich he now owes a favor to accomplish the task.
  24. _SithSpawn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Please excuse the poor language since I wrote all this very late at night.

Adventure 6

The mistrust for the Jedi Order is increasing all over the Republic and the Supreme Chancellor wich is one one the Jedi Orders greaters supporters decides to help out.
    The Jedi Order has to send some Jedi to be part of his personal bodyguards during a political mission.
    When walking thru streets with cheering people on the sides the 2 Jedi Guardians get the assignment to split up, go ahead and search thru some buildings ahead.
    The Jedi Consular remains with the Supreme Chancellor.
    While searching thru the buildings Jedi Guardian 1 finds a dead bothan, a sniper rifle and a message.
    The message is from the Sith and instructs him to assasinate the Supreme Chancellor wich he does and the bothan takes the blame.
    The mistrust of the Jedi Order is increased and some people even holds the Jedi responsible for the Supreme Chancellors death.
    Some time after the assasination a new Supreme Chancellor has to be elected.
    There are 3 candidates. Candidate 1 is a strong supporter of the Jedi order while candidate 2 and 3 are opponents to the Jedi Order.
    Preliminary reports indicate that there are going to be an even election with all the candidates getting about 1/3 of the votes each.
    The PCs are given the job to aid candidate 1 in his campaign.
    They tries to raise support for their candidate and does quite well.
    3 days before the election the reports indicate that their candidate has a small advantage.
    2 days before the election candidate 3 is assasinated.
    Since it is well known that candidate 3 wasn't a huge fan of the jedi Order some people belive that the Jedi might actully have something to do with it.
    Most of the people that were going to vote on candidate 3 decides to vote on candidate 2 and he wins the election.
    Not long after that the Republic decides to stop it's cooperation with the Jedi Order.
    During the entire advenure the PCs has to be on guard for bothans and bounty hunters since they have a price on their heads.
    At the end of the adventure I had the PCs create their own lightsabers.
  25. _SithSpawn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Adventure 7

The Republic decides that they want all of the Jedi arrested and gives a reward for all the Jedi that are handed over to them. From other planets comes reports of Jedi Knights being killed and captured.
    A Jedi Knight gets so frightened he flees Coruscant and the Jedi Council feares that he might have opened himself to the dark side.
    Since most of the Jedi are occupied with the situation in the Galaxy the PCs are assigned with the mission to track down the Jedi Knight and bring him back to the Council.
    They are supposed to do itwithout hurting him if they can and tracks him to Nar Shadaa.
    After searching long enough they learn that the Jedi Knight has traveled to Obroa-Skai.
    After searching there for some time they learn that the Jedi Knight has traveled to an Outer Rim system that they do not know the name of.
    They travel there and land on one of the systems moons (Yavin 4).
    They find the Jedi Knights ship outside a small temple and decides to go in.
    Inside they are forced to battle some type of creature that the Sith has left behind to guard the temple before they find the Jedi Knight.
    When they find him they soon understand that he has already turned to the dark side and they try to convince that what he is doing isn't right while the Jedi knight tries to turn the PCs to the dark side.
    Jedi Guardian 1 wich already has turned to the dark side is overwhelmed with the power of the temple and while talking to the Jedi Knight he just can't keep calm anymore and decides to attack the Jedi knight.
    A spectacular lightsaber duel breaks out in wich the Jedi Knight tried to turn the PCs to the dark side.
    The PCs defeats the Jedi Knight and put him on their ship to bring him back to coruscant.
    My PCs makes an extremley poor job trying to contain the Jedi Knight and during the trip back to Coruscant he breaks free and saboteur some of the ship.
    Trying to catch him a second lightsaber fight breaks out this time in Zero-G and the players has a hard time beating the Jedi Knight but they succed, but this time they unfortunetley kills the Jedi Knight.
    They get back to Coruscant and are given the rank of Jedi Knights and the adventure is over.
    In the entire adventure they have to be on the watch for all the people that might want to harm them.

Currently my 3 PCs have these classes and levels:

Player 1 is a 7th level Jedi Consular.
    Player 2 is a 7th level Jedi Guardian/1st level Dark Side Marauder.
    Player 3 is a 7th level Jedi Guardian.

So what do you think of my adventures so far?
    Do you have any comments or questions?

I have planned 3 additional adventures but I havn't worked out the details for those yet.
    In the 8th adventure they have to evacuate Coruscant in wich alot of Jedi will lose their lifes thanks to Jedi Guardian 1.
    In adventure 9 they have to rescue some people that were left on Coruscant during the evacuation and in mission 10 i havn't really decided what's going to happen yet ecxept that many more Jedi will lose their lifes becouse of Jedi Guardian 1. Does any1 have any suggestions for these adventures?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.