main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would like some ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Sith Magician, Sep 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    hey guys, I'm GM'ing a game that will be set 2 years after TPM, the pc's will be based on Tattooine in the employ of Jabba the Hutt,
    I have one Trandoshan soldier, a Wookie soldier, a human fringer who is a pod race pit crew member and general mechanic, a Twi'ilek administrator who will be Jabba's eyes and ears within the party, and an Ithorian force adept who's public job will be to tend Jabba's gardens but will be someone Jabba uses to get a sense on ppl Jabba wants info on,
    Any ideas for an adventure in which these characters will meet for the first time?

2. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Well, that depends on how you want to run it.

If you want they could all start out at Jabba's place and 'happen' to run into each other. Then later someone asks them to do something that requires so&so's help(another player) and you could start it that way.

Or you could tell them that they're starting as a group and ask them to make-up a back story/reason why they are working together. This will be a lot easier, but there can be problems with this also.

Does this help at all?

3. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Thats tricky especially considering Wookies and Trandoshans bitterly hate each other. The best idea is to get with the players, the Wookie and Trandoshan could have been bitter enemies who are forced to work together, perhaps Jabba owns them as slaves. Both are soldiers, makes good bounty hunters too. Perhaps they are sent to track down a fallen Jedi, (level 3, no longer in the order) who owes Jabba some money, the Ithorian goes along to help the two bounty hunters track down their prey. The twi'lek goes along to keep the Wookie and Trandoshan in line, as the GM you can have them where slaver colors, and the Twi'lek can push the button to make them behave (small electric shocks work, doing 1d2 damage).

If you haven't already, give them a ship owned by Jabba, YT-1760 or something, and if no one can fly, create a NPC that is also a slave, one who can fly.

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Good ideas there guys, thanks,
    I was aware of the fued between the races, and I have an idea about a possible storyline involving that in the future.
    I like the slave collar idea, this is going to be an interesting game, a bunch of ppl who don't trust each other forced to work together in a criminal organisation,
    This is going to be fun....

5. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Of course it should be fun. Thats the point of playing it.

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, that kinda goes without saying, I mean REALLY fun...

7. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Oh, you mean fun as in you're going to enjoy 'playing' with you players.

8. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Their minds, yes.

9. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Thats a ton of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.