Tidewater, VA Would Like to Join

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by dan-yoda, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan-yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! I live in Chesapeake, VA (Great Bridge area) and was wondering how to join. I saw the Tidewater Alliance's booth at Fantasci and filled out the form that was there, but I havn't gotten any emails or calls or anything. All I'd like to know is how do I join and what requirements there are to become a memver (if there are any). Thanks.
  2. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    Hello DY

My name is Jason, I am the founder and Chapter Representative of the Tidewater Alliance. while I was not at the small con, it's good to meat you here.

First to awnser your questions.

All I'd like to know is how do I join and what requirements there are to become a memver

That all depends on what you want to get out of the group.
    1. You must be 16 years or older to be a member of our group.(Wich you only have alittle while off for that.)

But alittle about our group.

We are one of the highest quality Fanforces out there. We always do functions in costume(IE, Fantasi, CIII, etc.) We have one of the highest quality prop displays wherever we go. And we really have a great group of guys and gals in the group. We are run by a leading council.(Myself and 5 other members). We meet once a month at the Va Beach central library and discuss current Fanforce events, etc. We do have a website, although it is not ready for users to register at the moment, it will be very soon.

We ask that all members take a intrest in costuming, even though it is not required. We also have dues that each member pays to be apart of the group. This helps us with website costs, banner costs, flyers, etc.

If you have specific questions please feel free to pm me here and I will awnser them for you.

Jason
  3. dan-yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    Why's it only 16 or older? You have something against younger fans?
  4. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    No, actually we have nothing against younger fans. It is something that the council has agreed upon for its members. It creates less hassle for members to be able to participate in events and make meetings.

we found through past problems that users the age of 16 or above usually have a mode of transportation or have a less harder time getting thier parents to agree to let them take the bus to events.

But I totally encourage you to stay active with us and keep up to date on events and come check us out whenever we have a event. You are more than welcome to come see us at any event we hold.
  5. dan-yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    So I can come to the meetings but I just can't be an official member?
  6. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    Not exactly. General Meetings are for Official Members or for those members that meet the age requirement that might be interested in joining.

What I meant was if you would like to check us out and see what we are about, then keep checking the site for when we announce events that we will be doing and show up and see what we are about there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.