main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would Padme have died if Obi-Wan hadn't snuck on board her ship?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by SAND-CRAWLER, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    were we disagree,vader would have never bring himself to willingly kill her,never.

i think that's a great point. anakin would not have wanted to kill her. i think it breaks him that she's dead and that he is told he did it. and of course, his actions are far from being inconsequential in it.

i just happen to think that we are not only determined by our inner workings, but also by outward circumstances. i strongly believe that anakin was pretty paranoid and that seeing obi-ewan drove him over the edge.

2. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Strength does not equate to victory.

You do know that Vader is a Sith don't you? Padme is a prized posession to him but if she didn't act right - she too had to face the consequences. Padme wasn't going to fall in line with Vader's pursuit of power. He would have got rid of her too. All men who put power first end up doing the same thing.

The boy who is in love with Padme more than anything else is gone once he becomes a Sith. Its not about love - its about power. Vader made it clear.

ANAKIN: I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me.

Vader killed the Jedi because he felt they were against. Padme would have faced the same fate.

3. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005

thats were we disagree utterly.the force choke happened because of obi wan,and you have no evidence to back up the theory that he would have still choked her if obi wan wasnt there.

4. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    I agree with Darth Frared.

Anakin wasnt thinking properly. He lashed out and then tried to explain his actions away, once again pushing the blame on to Kenobi. He wouldnt ever have knowingly killed Padme. Her death crushed him.

5. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    Strength does not equate to victory.

90% of the times does.

You do know that Vader is a Sith don't you? Padme is a prized posession to him but if she didn't act right - she too had to face the consequences. Padme wasn't going to fall in line with Vader's pursuit of power. He would have got rid of her too. All men who put power first end up doing the same thing.

that prized possetion thing is a theory,when he knows she is dead he is truly broken ,if she was just some possesion like his starship i dont think he would have reacted that way,no way an evil sith is gonna scream like a baby for a "possesion".

6. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    i think there's still a possibility of a droid saying it who knows nothing about anything...

i don't know what she dies off. she lost the will to live. and the force choke contributed to that, that's what i say. and obi-wan contributed to the force choke.

i know he's all virtuous and righteous, fine, but his presence does contribute to the force choke and henceforth to padme's death.

now mercy me. or whatever you'd like to do.

7. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I see you're ducking the question.

How did Padme die?

You're focusing on the choke. Vader may have waited until another time to do so, or killed her another way, but she was dead anyway. Why?

Again, how did Padme die?

8. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i hate when people turn a complex question into a black or white answer.she died because ani was evil but if he hadnt choked her and knocker her out unconcious then she could have tried to convince him any further but guess what?? she was taking a nap and thanks to who ?? obi wan.

9. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Anakin was thinking like a Sith. Thats what he is. He wasn't mad at her death - he was made he lost his prized possession. Again - how did Padme die?

That's nice. But its clear that 10% happens often in the SW galaxy. Obi over Maul. Obi over Vader. Rebels over Empire. Ewoks over stormtroopers. On and on and on and on...

Theory? Lucas himself says that Anakin's love for Padme is posessive. He was obsessed over her from the start of AOTC. Vader was screaming because he lost it.

[face_plain]

She died of a broken heart and that was breaking before the choke ever happen.

Is this the "devil made me do it" excuse. Obi has no control over Vader's actions. Quit blaming the victims.

I'd like you to embrace the truth.

10. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005

The boy who is in love with Padme more than anything else is gone once he becomes a Sith. Its not about love - its about power. Vader made it clear.

ANAKIN: I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me.

Vader killed the Jedi because he felt they were against. Padme would have faced the same fate.

vader isn't always the same vader. there are twenty years between the vader we have known and the psychotic killer we meet in ROTS. there is a progression. anakin would *not* have killed her.

master shaitan, do what you have to do, don't hesitate, show no mercy. :D

11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I hate when people make the simple, complicated. In the movie, it said she didn't die from any injury. Therefore the choke did not affect her health. She died because the one she loved took the path of all she was against. Of a broken heart. Accept it. It's really that simple.

My god man. The progression does not start at ROTS. It clearly starts in AOTC, years before. There was a time when Anakin would joke about someone powerful being in charge. Now, he doesn't have to play around - he has the power.

12. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    I'd like you to embrace the truth

the truth from your POV ??[face_thinking] .never.[face_shame_on_you]

1- who says maul is stronger than obi wan ???[face_thinking]
    2- where did you get that AOTC anakin saw padme as a possesion ?? that idea is plain stupid.if you say ROTS vader i say maybe and a big maybe at that but AOTC anakin ??!?!:eek: sorry but no,in episode II he really loved her,it had nothing to do with power or possesion or anything besides real love.

13. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    what truth, 2cleva? your truth or my truth?

Anakin was thinking like a Sith. Thats what he is. He wasn't mad at her death - he was made he lost his prized possession. Again - how did Padme die?

she died. that's what i know. nobody can give a conclusive explanation. we have a droid, herself. and we have anakin saying he checked on her and she was still alright. and that's about it.
    it's interpretation.
    it breaks him to be told he killed her. because he loved her, you know, heard of that?

She died of a broken heart and that was breaking before the choke ever happen.

i'm with sithrules here. she did mean to talk sense to him and telling him that her heart is broken is making him see that he did wrong.

Is this the "devil made me do it" excuse. Obi has no control over Vader's actions. Quit blaming the victims.

now obi-wan is anakin's victim? and can you stop arguing in favour of monocausality? like we are all just driven by our internal workings and there's no outside to us?
    the devil gave anakin an opportunity to do what he did, no more, no less. without palps anakin would certainly not have wiped out the jedi order, unless you pull that theory now out of yout hat. he would certainly not have killed the seperatists.
    we aren't solely determined by our actions and ideas, we are also fed by other people. it's called interaction.

14. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    sithrules70 posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i hate when people turn a complex question into a black or white answer.she died because ani was evil but if he hadnt choked her and knocker her out unconcious then she could have tried to convince him any further but guess what?? she was taking a nap and thanks to who ?? obi wan.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate when people make the simple, complicated. In the movie, it said she didn't die from any injury. Therefore the choke did not affect her health. She died because the one she loved took the path of all she was against. Of a broken heart. Accept it. It's really that simple.

no i will not accept it,if she hadnt been taking a nap,wich was 50% obi wan's fault,she could have actually put some sense into anakin's thick skull.

15. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Oh brother. I'm sure the DVD will fill in the blanks for you and GL has made comments as well but the movie was enough for me.

The movies made it so. Maul was handling two Jedi with ease, killing a master and had Obi hanging by a string. Check out this movie called The Phantom Menace if you want to learn more.

Real love? Please. The possession was clear. Going crazy for a woman he met when he was 10 and hadn't seen in years? Thats the roots of a possessive love all over it.

16. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    well. let's not get lost in percentages.

i think you reduce it, 2cleva. fine. do so. i won't.

anakin is anakin and the one person who still believed in him was used as bait in this situation. and if not as bait then she was certainly put on the line, unknowingly by a vertain obi-wan kenobi. who, when she doesn't turn anakin around in 5 seconds, appears in the worst moment possible to have him think she betrayed him. congrats.

i don't know what killed her. i know it kills anakin to know she's dead.

17. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    Real love? Please. The possession was clear. Going crazy for a woman he met when he was 10 and hadn't seen in years? Thats the roots of a possessive love all over it.

another expert then? so, what is true love?

18. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    A Sith knows nothing of love.

Too many Saturday morning cartoons for you if you thought that would work at that time.

But its also about our own choices. Do you jump off a bridge because everyone else is? Anakin made his own choices and became Vader. Vader made his own choices and did what he did.

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

That is so precious. I'm dying here.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

19. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    laugh as much as you want,that only proves that you are just some fanboy without the maturity level to accept other people's opinion.just for the record im not gonna be unable to sleep in the night because i diagree with one fanboy.

20. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Didn't you bring percentages in the discussion in the first place? [face_laugh]

Anakin is gone at that point, don't you get it?

She dies of a broken heart and it surely doesn't kill Anakin. Anakin's thirst of power destroys him. And Vader seemed to get along quite OK as a Sith without Padme.

Anakin showed true love in ROTJ. He hadn't shown that kind of selfless love since TPM as a boy in his podracer.

21. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    LOL. You're the one saying Padme needed more time to talk Vader back into Anakin after her nap and I'm the fanboy? That's rich.

[face_clown]

22. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You guys collect your thoughts, huddle up, get backup or something, then come back with some new ideas on how to say "it's not Anakin's fault!"

23. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    of course i am.you have no evidence to prove that she couldnt convince him if that thight ass medler hadnt showed up in his cocky superman position.

sorry for insult you obi[face_worried] you are my 4rd favorite character but you messed up big time in here.

24. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    A Sith knows nothing of love.

anakin knows of love.

Too many Saturday morning cartoons for you if you thought that would work at that time.

i know it's an unpopular opinion, but i stick by it: talking to him is going to accomplish a lot more than just igniting saber and let combat talk. she means to calm him, obi-wan means to kill him. there's a discrepancy there, don't you think?

i don't know what saturday morning cartoons have to do with it.

But its also about our own choices. Do you jump off a bridge because everyone else is? Anakin made his own choices and became Vader. Vader made his own choices and did what he did.

yes, but a choice is also what is being presented to you at a given moment. the jedi council made awfully poor choices which everyone accepts because they are the bleeding council etc etc.
    anakin makes the worst choices in the history etc etc and everyone is going on about how many times he could have refused. yeah, whatever. mass murder isn't something he wants to do, of course, but it's a mean to another end.

he doesn't mean to kill her. his heart breaks when he finds out he has. he isn't thinking straight. i know you won't have it because it's easier to believe he just turns with the flick of a switch, but this isn't how things work.

25. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    Didn't you bring percentages in the discussion in the first place?

no, i didn't. i find it amounts to comparing the size of penises.

Anakin is gone at that point, don't you get it?

no i don't get it. i've had enough of it anyway. since the rule here is always, if you are not with me you're my enemy, i take it you aren't interested in another view, or another interpretation.
    good.

She dies of a broken heart and it surely doesn't kill Anakin. Anakin's thirst of power destroys him. And Vader seemed to get along quite OK as a Sith without Padme.

yeah, right. whatever. anakin never loved.
    and my interpretation of it isn't worth sith. thank you for so patiently explaining my delusion.

Anakin showed true love in ROTJ. He hadn't shown that kind of selfless love since TPM as a boy in his podracer.

ah, i'm gonna miss that. thank you for categorizing it. true love is giving without reward. yes, i get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.