main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would Padme have died if Obi-Wan hadn't snuck on board her ship?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by SAND-CRAWLER, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    This is too much. [face_sick]

That isn't Anakin breaking Padme's heart.

You really think Vader was up for a chat about whats right and whats wrong?

we need a violin face.

he doesn't mean to kill her. his heart breaks when he finds out he has. he isn't thinking straight. i know you won't have it because it's easier to believe he just turns with the flick of a switch, but this isn't how things work.[/quote]Whether he intended to or not, his actions alone is what caused her to die. His turn starts in AOTC with the killing of the Tusken, don't you see? The seduction started from the moment TPM was over.

2. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    you have no evidence to prove that she couldnt convince him if that thight ass medler hadnt showed up in his cocky superman position.

i'm with you, sithrules, just so you know.

off now, need to go to bed. [face_tired]

3. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Ah, that was sithrules. I'm interested in plenty of POVs. But when they are wrong and obviously wrong, I'm not going to pretend they are valid.

I said he loved - but in a selfish way. But that isn't Anakin on Mustafar.

You're welcome. Come again! [face_peace]

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Let's try to refrain from posting about Users and argue the Topic.

5. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Ah, that was sithrules. I'm interested in plenty of POVs. But when they are wrong and obviously wrong, I'm not going to pretend they are valid.

thats exactly the point.you think we are wrong and you think you are right but you cant be 100% positive that you are right unless you are GL who i doubt you are.

as rolando said back to the topic.

i think she would have obviously died eventually,and thats what anakin failed to get,everything dies,even suns burn out.

i just dont think obi wan's presence in mustafar helped the situation and i dont see any other way around it.

6. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    Obi-Wan didn't choke Padme, Anakin did. She was about to withdraw from Anakin and leave him anyway. Anakin would have stopped her.

I'm tired of this "devil made me do it" attitude regarding Anakin. He is responsible for his actions. Obi-Wan coming down the ramp did not require Anakin to chike Padme out. His own fear and paranoia drove him to do that heinous act.

At this point, Anakin is a horrible human being and deserved to catch on fire.

7. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Do you have to create a word to understand what it means?

I'll go to real life illustration. Say you have an angry man who thists for power, willing to do anything to keep the power and trusts no one in an argument with his wife. Then during said argument, another man walks in, let's say he's a cop who is determined to stop the man in his thirst before more are killed. So the man then starts to attack another person, after killing so many before. How do you blame the last victim on the cop, especially when the wounds from the attack didn't cause his wife's death?

Vader is a criminal, Padme is his unknowing wife, and Obi is the cop. You can't blame the cop for a criminal committing another crime.

8. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

if you are tired of this then dont visit this thread any more because you will find plenty of people who give obi wan a good amount of responsibility for padme's nap[face_devil]

so what if he is responsible for his actions ?? obi wan coming down the ramp DID require anakin to attack padme,he is a sith,they do not tolerate betrayal,from his POV she brought him there and obi wan should have known better than to come down in the worst part of the argument.

if she was going to leave him or try to put some sense into him is something we will never know until GL says so if he ever does.

as i see our opinions are like oil and water and thats not gonna change.

9. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    Do you have to create a word to understand what it means?

yes,because you may think you are absolutely sure of what it means but thats only your POV.the only POV that can be used as cannon is GL's

10. EwokThatCried

May 22, 2003
    You think he was required to choke his wife and it's Obi-Wan's fault? In the immortal words of Obi-Wan...

"WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST!"

11. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

did i say it was obi wan's fault ?? i only said obi wan didnt add anything positive to an already very bad situation. all i critic about obi here is that he could have chose better timing:come down as they land.

12. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    What about not discussing the users is really so hard to understand??

13. EwokThatCried

May 22, 2003
    Maybe Obi-Wan respected Padme and thought maybe she would have more sway over Anakin to reason with him, but as soon as he saw Anakin was having none of it, he entered the picture. He heard Padme withdraw from Anakin, exclaim that Obi-Wan was right, and he came to deal with it.

14. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    That's the truth of it. Obi-wan stepped in when it became clear that Padme was not going to sway Anakin. Why must everyone be to blame in this situation but Anakin? When does he take responsibility for his own actions and decisions?

15. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

i already said that it was anakin's fault but obi didnt add anything positive to an already heated discussion.maybe padme wasnt gonna sway anakin but no one can prove that he would have still attacked her if obi wan hadnt come down the ramp.

please understand my POV im not asking you to agree with it but at least give it some consideration[face_worried] :_|

16. EwokThatCried

May 22, 2003
    I honestly didn't think Lucas could pull it off and make people sympathetic to Anakin, but he reeled in a huge percentage of the fans.

In fact, I never expected him to write such a brilliant Faustian tale such as ROTS.

But you still have got to see that Anakin does fall and he could have prevented it all. He literally sells his soul to the devil - no one else sold him away.

I am giving it consideration. How about Padme giving heed to what Obi-Wan told her and not try to rush off and face a mass murderer. She was in denial and put herself an unborn child at risk. She couldn't believe it until it was too late. Had she trusted Obi-Wan like she said she did, she perhaps would have been safe.

But I still don't think the choke killed her, just Anakin's transformation into evil incarnate.

17. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I agree with you here. Anakin is definitely responsible for all of this. There just was never a "good" time for Obi-Wan to come into the picture. And he showing up did make things worse for Padme. But again, Anakin shouldn't have lashed out on her, cos he was pissed about Obi-Wan. Do I think he would have attacked Padme if he hadn't shown up? I want to say no, even if Anakin was mad at her he doesn't have the Obi-Wan "excuse", but there is no evidence to suggest one way or the other.

18. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

what really makes me mad is that he swallowed the crap that a sith was gonna help him save the only thing that he loves and a potential enemy:oops:

i mean a sith caring about others ??!?!?!?:eek: :eek: no one could even think of falling for that,thats the only thing that bugs me about anakin,he could never understand that 1+1=2 until ROTJ.

19. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I understand what you're saying and can see things from your perspective. But don't forget that when Obi-wan stepped out on that ramp (another great moment in the saga) he didn't whip out his lightsaber and charge. He took up where Padme left off, still trying desperately to reason with someone who just killed innocent friends and children and attacked his own wife. Who could do something like that? Still hesitate to stop such a monster because you still love the friend he used to be. That's the epitome of brotherhood and still Anakin continued to step all over it.

Could Obi-wan have waited? I don't think so because I happen to believe that Obi-wan, of all the Jedi had learned to act not think and follow the will of the Force at all times. I believe it was Lucas' intent to say that Anakin was beyond saving at this point. By Mustafar, going to the Dark Side wasn't about saving Padme anymore, it was about seizing power. Nothing she could have said at the time would have convinced him to let it all go and leave with her.

20. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

maybe...maybe not,this is a topic that will always be open for debate until GL decides to say anything about it if he ever does.

21. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    ]

I'd say two times for sure.

When he says "Nooooo" at the end of the movie and begins to hate Anakin Skywalker and when he chucks the Emperor down the shaft and saves the galaxy.

No one hates Anakin Skywalker more than Darth Vader, people. Star Wars 101. Take the class. ;)

22. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

rhonderoo and his/her wisdom(wich one is it;) ) saved the day ,again !![face_dancing]

23. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    rhonderoo - If Vader was truly taking responsibility when he said "Nooo" he would have repented from his evil ways. Instead, he embraced them even more. That's not taking responsibility. You were only half right, he only takes responsibility at the end of ROTJ. At the end of ROTS he is the exact opposite of the pendulum.

Ballgame.

24. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Anakin knows he is doing the wrong thing but he cant control his actions or his anger. He loses it and then tries to pass the buck and rationalise his actions. But he knews he is wrong. but he is on the path, he doesnt want to be on it, but he knows he cant get off, so he goes along with it.

25. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    but after she died he had nothing to live for but power and his new empire.why would he repent if she was dead already ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.