main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would Padme have died if Obi-Wan hadn't snuck on board her ship?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by SAND-CRAWLER, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    [face_worried] now that i see my post it doesnt make any sense[face_worried] i'll make it right.

the first part is right after padme's death no way he simply was gonna leave the empire and the power,why would he ?? he had 2 reasons to live:his wife and his empire,with his wife out of the equation he only has the empire to live for.

the death of a loved one doesnt make a sith sad or repent for his act,the death of a loved one makes a sith angry.

you really think that a sith lord is gonna let go of his hate after his wife died ???!??! of course not,he only becomes even more evil than before.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Padme may not have died right then and there. But Anakin could not change the course of his destiny because he had already started down the dark path. He was destined to confront Obi-Wan. And because Padme and Anakin are in symbionce, the result of the duel would be the same and she would die along with him.

3. Padmae_Skywalker

Padmae_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    in the movie novel of ROTS Obi-Wan tries to get Padme to medical center earliar before the battle. Anakin tells point blank to keep away from his wife. Obi-Wan tells Padme will die if they down attend her quickly. Anakin advoids pleds and tells him to step a side from Padme...thats all i can recall right now :p

4. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Padme did not die because Obi-wan snuck on her ship, She died because of what Anakin had become.
    :)

5. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I believe Padme was going to die anyways. I dont think she could have turned Anakin from the darkside.. so imo Vader was going to hurt her anyways, cause she was NEVER gonna go along with his plan or his ideas to take over the empire, and he just wasnt going to let her walk away either.

6. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    I think Anakin would let Padme walk away because he would not risk harming his unborn child that is still inside her. That's why Anakin shouted "NOOOOOOOOOO" when Sidious tricked him into thinking he killed her.

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin wouldn't let Padme walk away. He'd force her to stay, because his mind is like that of a child, when he gets angry. He was getting angry at the fact that she was turning against him, before Obi-wan walked out and made his presence known.

8. Mimih1221

Mimih1221 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    While I do think that Padme and Obi-Wan could have both handled things better, it all comes down to Anakin. It was Anakin's decisions that lead to the situation and it was Anakin who became enraged and choked Padme. No matter what mistakes Obi-Wan or Padme may have made, it was Anakin who gave into his rage, and it was Anakin who destroyed the person he was trying to protect.

9. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    He would never have let her walk away. It was all about power and control. His was an obsessive/posessive love.
    The children were a secondary concern. He did not see their fate.

It was only Padmé who expressed concern over the baby when Anakin had his vision.
    She never stated any fear over his vision for herself, telling him that all she needed was his love.

Anakin only confirmed what Obi-Wan had told her when she confronted him on Mustafar.
    He didn't love her and much as he loved power.
    It was Anakin's greed & lust for power that broke Padmé's heart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.