main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would the Clone Wars still have happened if Yoda had killed Dooku in AOTC?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarkStarkiller, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarkiller

DarkStarkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2007
    if he did in fact defeat the Count, would the War end before it really even started - or what would happen do you think?

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Palpatine would have found a way to make them still begin.

3. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Dooku's death on Geonosis may have even vulcanized the Seperatist movement. It might be akin to a union leader getting murdered after threatening to lead a strike. Better he not be a martyr.

4. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

DARTH-SMELLY-FEET Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2007
    Great question. I'd have to go with yes. They pretty much had started by the end of AOTC. It would be very interesting to see what Sidious would do.

5. skyysoblue

skyysoblue Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    The war may have continued but the master plan would have been disrupted. Without a galvanizing leader to rally the seperatists to fight the new army, the Federation may have obtained a quick victory...which would have made it tough for Palpatine to seize control of the galaxy.

6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    One pawn falls, another will replace it... that is the way with Sidious.

7. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Very true. Making martyrs is possibly the worst thing you can do in order to secure victory. If killed, Sideous would exploit Dooku's death and rally the seperatists even stronger on a sentimental strategy I suspect...

Once the clones were launced, the clones wars had begun...

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah. It just would've worked like how it did in ROTS after Dooku's death: Sidious giving orders directly to the Sep leaders.

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Killing Dooku would only prolong the inevitable. Sidious always has a backup plan it seems for when the tables turn [well up until ROTJ]. If Dooku was killed, it might threaten the Seperatist movement, but as Leia says in ANH, the tighter the grasp the more systems slip threw the fingers. Dooku's dead? Send Grievous out.

If anything, Sidious would be angry at the fact that Yoda stole Anakin's kill.

10. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    It is all pretty far fetched that one leader, Dooku or anyone, could galvinize and unite a group of separatists... but he and Grievous are together supposed to be the lynch pins of the entire movement.. I'm not sure how Sideous couuld have them be lynch pins while simultaneously having backups....

11. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    galvanize... that's the word I was thinking of.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Vulcanize

Dadgummit I missed that!
    And it was funny as all get-up!!=D=

13. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    I shouldn't type after midnight. I'm like a Gremlin.

14. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Interesting question. I think Sidious, rather than Dooku, was the driving force (pardon the pun) behind the war. That being the case, Sids would probably have found another way of achieving his desired outcome. Having said that, though, I think he would've found the whole process a lot harder and probably slower. Dooku had a lot of attributes which made him a highly effective tool in galvanising disparate groups to a supposedly unifying cause.

15. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I think that if Yoda had taken out Dooku in the Hangar, Sidious would have to prolong the attacks. However, then the Jedi would have more time to organize and the longer the Seperatists wait the more clones are made.

But, Sidious couldn't just go about running a war from behind the scenes, he needs a representative. I'm thinking he'd just bring out Grievous faster.

16. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    If Yoda killed Dooku, it wouldn't have mattered, as long as the chess master, Sidious, was still alive, the clone wars are still going to happen. Remember, Sidious didn't need to the seps to do a lot, he just needed them to make the war happen and last until he had enough power, and Skywalker. Dooku was good because he had able leadership by rallying systems to the sep cause and was a solid commander of the sep forces. That could have all been replaced however. After Dooku actually was killed, Sidious was unconcerned that Grevious was now in charge of the forces.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    NUTE GUNRAY: But, my lord, is that... logical?

DOOKU: I'm dead, Jim.

18. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    That star trek vulcanize reference was cute... though getting off topic.

For the receord (and this is from the free dictionary by Farlex)

Vulcanize refers to improving the strength of rubber through heat and pressure.

Galvanize is to move to awareness or action.

I think the point is well made that the clone wars happening clearly depend on having another good figure head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.