main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would the Jedi Order had survived if the Jedi Counsil were at the temple during the raid?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by FallenKnight88, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    As I was watching the scene in the temple where they show Yoda and Obi-wan OWNING a battalion of Clonetroopers, it got me thinking:

If two Jedi Masters can easily manhandle over dozens of troops (i'm assuming they wiped out those guarding the temple), what would've happened if the entire Jedi counsil were there as well (Sans, Mace, Agen, Kit and Tinn)

Assuming Ki-adi, Plo Koon, Aayla (even though she's not a member of the counsil or a master) and the remaining 6 masters on the counsil, would the outcome had been different? Would they had been able to save the Jedi Order?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Master_Ti

Master_Ti Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I think its almost a given that of course the Jedi Order would have faired much better had the entire council (INCLUDING SHAAK TI!! :_| @};-RIP SHAAK) had been there.

It is a massive part of Palaptine's plan that the Jedi Council and the order in general be spread across the galaxy, making it easier, as he does not have to deal with clumps of Jedi.

*~Ti~*

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    They would have done better, but survived...I don't know. It is interesting to comtemplate, though it seems like they would have a nearly endless garrison of troops though. Anakin might have been killed.

Oh, I almost forgot to add, remember this would mean Obi-Wan and Yoda would have been there too.

Do you think the Emperor would have joined the fray?

4. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    regardless. once they are branded Traitors in the Senate . they ARE doomed. [face_skull]

5. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Nope.

If more council members were at the temple it would have simply cost Sidious more clone troops. Eventually the Jedi would have been exterminated.

The only thing that would have prolonged their existence would be if the Mace posse hadn't given Palpidious a reason to make the Jedi enemies of the republic.

Palpidious had assumed so much power that it was already too late for the Jedi by the time they acted on Anakin's info.

Also, remember how poorly the Jedi fared on Geonosis and they were only fighting battle droids.

Bottom line: more Jedi in the temple = bigger/longer battle with the same result.

END TRANSMISSION

6. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    QFT

Also, I can't believe I didn't think of it. It would basically be the same thing, but without Mace and with Yoda. But do you think Anakin would have tried to go in there like that?

7. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    its an interesting question

but i would also see no reason why the clone troopers wouldnt simply bombard the temple at that point. it was already established that they were traitors that needed to be killed

8. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    hmmm, i cant imagine with yoda and mace windu fighting together side by side that any amount of clone troopers would take the temple. theyd run out vader's fist? troopers first. anakin would hav to do something special, or sidious would hav to show up. probably would hav to use missiles instead.

9. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Mace would have already been dead.

10. FallenKnight88

May 26, 2005
    Oh, no I surely understand the impossible odds. I'm sure it's possible that they may have still met the same fate. I'm just wondering how the counsil's presence may had impacted the results.

Think about it:

The Jedi at the temple were caught completely off-guard. Though there were Jedi Masters at the temple, w/o the counsil they were practically leaderless. Had Yoda, Obi-wan, Ki-adi, Shakk-Ti, Plo Koon, and the other members been there, would the other jedi (padawan's included) had become MORE "inspired" to give it their all. Granted i'm sure they were inspired, but would having their "Generals" in the house given them that extra amount of courage that they may had needed? Perhaps with the counsil there, the Jedi's feeling of ambush and helplessness may not have been so bad and the results may had been different?

Again, though the results may had been the same, you can't help but think, would the Jedi at the temple had given more of a fight had there leaders been there to back them up?

11. GrUnT_HUNTER

GrUnT_HUNTER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    This also brings up the point of if Mace's Posse had survived longer and at least one of them would have been alive when Anakin walked in, Mace wouldn't have died because the other master would have saved him.

12. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    It looks like we're in agreement for the most part.

In response to Yoshifett, I DO believe Anakin would have entered the temple knowing he would encounter Yoda and company. His strategy would not be as straightforward but his expendable troopers would surround the valiant masters and eventually take them down. I mean, how many blaster bolts can be deflected at once?

I do NOT believe Sidious would assist in the storming of the temple however. He would be up to the task but he would have to reveal that he is a Sith and that is just too inconvenient for Sids. No, he would watch the smoldering ruins from the comfort of his office where his identity would remain a secret.

END TRANSMISSION

13. lordmorpheus

lordmorpheus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    somehow, i highly doubt that ANY foot-assault on the jedi temple would have been successful with a full jedi council on the premeses. just wouldnt happen. for one, both senior members available.....they'd have been able to hold down entire wings of the temple with mere padawans at their disposal. there's something to be said about leadership and morale. with the entire council, there would have been a temple full of padawans like duke that ran out on the bridge in ROTS as organa watched. he was good for ten to twenty troopers himself with some back up and a yoda or mace windu or shaak ti along with him. short of an artillery salvo or being bombarded from space, no soup, troops.

14. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    well we saw what all the droids did to the jedi in AOTC. troopers are more effective. an air bombardmet is not out of the question at all, imo

15. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Hmm, I think the Temple would still have been destroyed. Anakin and Sidious would have both led the charge with all the clones and the same result would occur.

16. FallenKnight88

May 26, 2005
    True. The mere presence of the Jedi Counsil (and Yoda inparticular kickin ass) would've surely been inspiring to fellow Jedi. Don't underestimate the powers of leadership. [face_peace]

17. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    so twelve Masters could set it all straight ? :rolleyes:

18. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    12 *powerful* masters

19. FallenKnight88

May 26, 2005
    Did you not see what two masters (Yoda/Obi-wan) were able to do? They took out an entire battalion without breaking a sweat! Multiply that power by 6 (and add the hundreds already in the temple) o_O

Sure the odds are still stacked against them, but the playing field would be much more level.

20. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    you forget that yoda is sexy

21. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    I did'nt see a battalion. a Batallion usaually has at least a thousand troops and officers. so that is a bit of an exageration. i only saw a dozen at best. and do you think they could hold them off indefinitely?. impossible. they were branded enemies of the state. there was no coming back from that.

22. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    The Council would have faired much better than routine Jedi and younglings IMO...

But IMO only Mace/Yoda/Obi-Wan could have stopped Anakin.(sorry Kit)

23. FallenKnight88

May 26, 2005
    I'm assuming they took out a battalion because surely Darth Vader wouldn't be dumb enough to leave only 15-20 troopers to occupy the ENTIRE Jedi Temple. Or would he?

And if Jett, (A PADAWAN!) can take out 7 troopers in a matter of seconds, i'm sure it can't be that far of a stretch to assume two jedi Masters (one of them being f'n YODA) could take on a battalion of hundreds. And again, multiply that by the power of 6 and you've got a more even playing field.

24. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    I agree with FallenKnight88. If there were a few Council members there (seeing what Yoda and Obi-Wan did) the Jedi Order would have stood a chance.

But, they would still be caught of guard, as the Dark Side clouded their thought. So, even thought many more Clone Troopers would have died, the Order would be killed, along with Yoda and Obi-Wan. And we cant have that happen, can we?

25. lordmorpheus

lordmorpheus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    well, given yoda's nature of seeing things as or before they happen, that may have been ample enough time for them to sense anakin's arrival and the clones with him. in any event, i doubt that palps would have sent anakin after the ENTIRE jedi council by himself. no chance. hell, even sidious didnt want that confrontation. but circumstances aside, with what anakin showed up with, yeah, the jedi would have turned them back without a second thought. this wasnt an open arena with droids and blasters everywhere, this would have been somewhat closed quarters, which would undoubtedly favor the jedi and their hand weapons, NOT TO MENTION, access to the force, and home field advantage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.