main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would the Jedi Order had survived if the Jedi Counsil were at the temple during the raid?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by FallenKnight88, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    Hmmm I find this topic suprising since we already were shown what happens to jedi when they are outnumbered(Geonosis), 100's of jedi go in, only like 10 come out. And they would have died too had the clones not come.

And lets not forget "There far more efficient then droids"

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I sort of agree with you. I don't mind that they didn't show alot of the Temple raid, but I was kind of dissapointed that Stover didn't take a chapter and at least describe it for us. That what I liked about the Tusken slaughter in Ep.II, Lucas showed us the beginning in the movie with Anakin killing Shmi's guards and then let RA Salvatore describe the rest in the book.

3. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Yes, they would have had a very good chance. I think a better question would be, "If the Jedi Council had been present during the temple raid, would any of the Clones have survived?" As someone else posted, Obi-Wan and Yoda laid waste to more than a handful of Clones when they were on the offensive, and that was out in the open. If ALL the Jedi had been present, they would be able to hold the Clones off. Maybe not at the huge entrance and gigantic floor level, but in the narrow halls? Definately. Artillery, walkers or bombers would have been needed, and the place would have to be razed to the ground. That's assuming the Jedi have their own power generators, food, water, supplies, etc. Otherwise, a very lengthy seige could work.

4. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Yes, and what did those 10-12 survivors on Geonosis have in common? They were all Jedi Masters and members on the counsil: Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Ki-adi, Obi-wan, Shakk-Ti?, Kit Fisto, Tinn, Agen Kolar?, and of course Yoda all came out of Genonis unscathed.

And although yes, 100 came in and maybe 10 came out but you have to remember that that was an emergency last minute rescue mission. The attack on the temple was basically in the company of possibly hundreds of masters, knights, and padawans. Although it too was a spur of the moment ambush, the mere fact that they were home, would surely tip the battle to their advantage in some way. Now consider that and add the most powerful Jedi's in the galaxy against thousands of clonetroopers and I believe that the jedi would've given the Emperor a run for his money.

And yes clones are more efficient than droids but based on the Battle of Genosis, it's obvious that droids were'nt that much of a challenge for Jedi Masters anyway. I believe Lucas said that 1 clone is the equivalent of 12 droids. Well considering that Jett, a PADAWAN took out 7 in mere seconds, I highly doubt the troopers would be that significant of a difference in the eyes of JEDI MASTERS.

5. DarthJiangWei

DarthJiangWei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005
    The emepror is too afraid of losing his power to risk going to the temple. But yes, if members of the Jedi Temple had been there i think they could have survived.

6. Lord_Titan

Lord_Titan Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    Yes I think it would have, and that's the main reason why Sidious attacked when he did.:)

7. Darth_Jaytastic

Darth_Jaytastic Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    People keep talking about AotC, but Im not buying it. In that fight that were attacking the enemy on it's own turf in a huge ARENA (open safe with basically no defense). Even if the numbers were balanced, that still would have been a hard fight.

I think that being the fight was in the temple (home field) and they would be defending a building that has plenty of chokepoints and such, they could have held off the initial attack.

I think if it had been an all-out attack and yoda was there, he would have broken out some uber force power. In EU (I know I know) they have something called force harmony when two jedi can link up and pretty much stop anything. Maybe, in a now-or-never type fight, they would have broken out the big guns. Plus, some people would have been able to escape.

8. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    But, Geonosis was an open arena. The Temple was the homeland of the Jedi, and had places to find cover. So, it was a bit different.
    At the very least, the younglings would have been safer longer, because you know Yoda would've been in the Council Chamber with them. At the very least, AnaVader wouldn't have gone in alone. Actually, with Obi-Wan there, I'd wager anything Anakin would've had his hands full for the duration of the assault. Would other Jedi have joined in for that? Doubtful. If only because Obi-Wan would see it as his sole duty (and wouldn't want anybody else hurting his one-time friend).
    Would they have lived? If they would have, it wouldn't have been pretty and then they'd still have had to flee.

9. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Yeah, but without Anakin being distracted and pushed emotionally off-balance
    by Padme, he would have carved up Obi Wan.
    Had the Council been there, everyone would have died.
    No Tattoone hermit.
    No Dagobah hermit.
    Just dead Jedi everywhere.
    It would have been Jedi Götterdämmerung...
    Well, as if it wasn't already...

Besides, there really isn't a council anymore by the middle of ROTS.
    They can't sythesize a correct path when together anymore.

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Actually, what really did Anakin in was he was put in a position where he couldn't win, and his arrogance/pride got in the way of rational thought. He was so out of his ******* mind during and after choking Padme that she was, sadly, a minor concern compared to getting back at Obi-Wan.
    So, the question is: Would Obi-Wan still have had a chance to exploit Anakin's weakness?
    If not, Anakin could have very concievably eventually worn Obi-Wan out, or just flat out bested him. But, the struggle would have still been neck and neck there for a while. Otherwise, why didn't he just ice Obi-Wan while in the relative safety of the Mustafar Control Center? Obi-Wan was no pushover. He knew Anakin's moves and fighting habits quite well.
    Either way, as I said, what Jedi remained would still have had to get the hell out of dodge.
    The way things were at that point, Palpatine had won regardless.

11. Knightstorme

Knightstorme Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2003
    If Obi Wan was there this mess would have never happaned. Anakin would have told him that he had discovered the Sith Lord. I believe the movie would have taken a different turn. I think Obi Wan would have pressured Mace into taking Anakin with them or at least they would come after Mace and the posse...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.