main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Would The Live Action Series Be The Same As We Were Promised (If It ever happens)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SilentGuy66, May 7, 2015.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    With Rebels, the anthology movies and whatnot being released and all being canon, is the original plan for the (still unmade) live action star wars TV series still possible in it's original form or would it have to be severely re-written to fit in within the NEU?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I consider it unwise to believe statements made will actually occur. Way things have been going it looks they'll do whatever suits them regardless of older claims. Consistency would be nice.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think it will happen in its original form.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What was all promised anyway?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

That we would get about 50 episodes of a Dark times TV show that would be more darker then most SW stuff.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Right. Ten years ago. It's doubtful anyone's ever brought it up to Kennedy, so if there are plans for a live action series, it probably won't be that same premise.

I mean, it could coincidentally be a Dark Times series, with Pablo and Leland chuckling to themselves in the corner, but chances are anything new will be a recently pitched idea.

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't there rumors of a time travel plot where people would come back from the future to kill Vader or something?

8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I never heard that, all I know is that Lucas 'supposedly' wrote about 50 episodes but they were too expensive to produce at the time.

They did however prevent EU from taking place in the years 17BBY-4BBY because of this series though, which I found annoying.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  9. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    There was also allegedly a plot about the Death Star Plans.

Given the premise of Rogue One I doubt that plot would be available to use.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They chucked out Lucas's idea of telling the story about young kids for his version of the new movie because Kennedy got TPM chills from it probably and Abrams supposedly wanted to insert Jar Jar's skeleton which wounds something like Jaxxon's skeleton in TCW(yet this character they want to bring back go figure).

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...ar-wars-vanity-fair-the-force-awakens/392669/

So unless these stories were really fantastic, its doubtful we'll see them - they could use ideas taken from those scripts, if they consider them viable and good. .

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    No idea if true or not but I remember hearing about it. Quite funky if true. Hope not.
    Annoying indeed.

12. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    One of the rumors I remember was that Daniel Logan was going to reprise Boba Fett during the Dark Times. I'm thinking they would need to either alter the content, actor, or the time period because of his age.

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I remember that one.

14. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    This is officially the most popular thread I've created :p

spicer and StoryWorthTelling like this.
  15. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    I spoke with Logan about it once at one of his appearances. He said "maybe" and he was waiting for confirmation about the fate of the show as much as with any of us.

It was definitely a consideration, but nothing solid.

The real question would be if he'll play still Fett during the new planned film. Given that I'm guessing we'd see the film in 2018, he'd be about 29-30 during production, so it's possible. He's mostly associated with a very young Fett though (and still sounds like one), so it's more likely they'd recast or even get back Temuera Morrison (who may then be too 'old' for the role as he'd be 56-57)

16. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010

For what it's worth, as of at least 2 years ago 'both' Morrison and Logan were still onboard with possibly returning.

17. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Sam Witwer also expressed interest in the show.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Please no.

spicer likes this.
  19. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Apparently the time travel plot would have also have explained Leia remembering her mother in ROTJ.....somehow?

20. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I thought that was the Underworld show linked to Star Wars 1313?

I doubt they'd copy the Caprica plot, now if they set it in the Outer Rim and made it either from the perspective of Clone Wars veterans from both sides.
    And then explain the underworld connection the result of trying to earn a living in the Dark Times with the Empire gradually increasing their presence so we understand why some people wanted the stability they offered only to discover the corruption the Empire inherited from the collapsed Republic making things worse.
    Keep the Jedi stuff to a minimum, thereby avoid unnecessary CGI and keep the tech a mite primitive as things are tough keep the battle droids to the background so when you want expendable foes they can be used by both sides as they're still out there.
    Millions of those things don't disappear over night and clone troopers might have undergone plastic surgery to avoid being recognised and maybe that's enough what do you think?

21. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    This thing was mentioned like three times ten years ago and people still think it's a thing?

kubricklynch likes this.
  22. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    It would seem to me that what was initially planned 10 years ago is either in development hell or is dead.

23. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    It may take many more years, but I really do believe it will happen eventually. I mean, who in their right state of mind wouldn't watch a live action Star Wars TV series? :)

24. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015

I'm actually really interested to know what Lucas' idea for the movie was. There was an interview that almost made it sound like he was going to follow the EU, or at least feature the characters from the books. He said "the original saga was about the father, the children, and the grandchildren. That's not a secret to anybody, it's even in the novels."

Not exactly a confirmation that he would have included Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, Ben, etc... but it definitely leaves me curious to know what he really had planned.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea you that is messed up. Lucas did directly say Dark Empire was to him a sequel. In that interview Lucas said directly it was not TPM again when he talks about their ages, yet Abrams and Kennedy claimed otherwise and they made it sound very TPM. Very strange indeed. Either there is some big middle finger being waved at Lucas from this camp, or what I don't know, thats rather extreme but possible as i remember the original tone from Disney/Lucasfilm shortly after the buy out was seemed very anti-PT era, even with Hasbro ordered to stop production of PT related figures. I think fan reaction was not positive and TCW fans especially prevented that so that didnt last long. If they really did scrap his outline and not blowing smoke in wrong directions and what not. The grandchildren could've be going under false names like Leia Organa or they could indeed be using original characters but I doubt it, I would say surely Leia had atleast one offspring. I know they claimed no old villains are appearing but I would not be surprised if Abram's is lying like he did with Khan. Clones are a good option or even time travel(not fan of this but never know). Palpatine could have a 30 something year old Clone, like Boba Fett was an unaltered Clone. Maybe people don't really know what a young Palpatine looked like.