main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would the PT have been better as a TV Series instead of three movies?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Boba16, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    RamRed: This thread is asking a question. I answered with my personal opinion as Boba16 wanted. My opinion states that there was a lot of ground for GL to cover starting with Anakin as a 9 year old and finishing with the birth of Vader. That is my opinion. GL could've started with Jake and then transtioned to Hayden in the middle of the movie. He could have started with Anakin and had him explain to Padme his childhood, but GL didn't. He could have started with Palpatine killing Plagueis, but he didn't. Do I hate GL for not doing any of this? No! Do I dislike TPM? No! I'm stating my opinion. It is really that simple!

GL is the director/producer, and the idea he had in his head is what we all got to see on film. I'm thrilled! I'm orgasmic that the PT was finally made. But like everyone who saw the trilogy, I still have my opinion.

I also explain in my original post abve that some type of a TV mini-series in between them was but one possible way GL could have used to help the fans bridge the gap outside of the EU material and allowed GL to tell more of the story. Again -- that is my opinion. I like the Clone Wars cartoon series, but it was not my personally favorite medium. GL is going ot use live-action to tell the story 'between' ROTS and ANH, so why not do that 'between' TPM and AOTC or AOTC and ROTS? Just another opinion.

My opinion is but one of many. Don't like it? OK with me.

I am not throwing rocks at GL, I am not condemning the PT, I'm just saying that in my opinion GL had a lot of turf to mow in three movies. Don't agree? Fine! I am not offended -- I am not hurt -- I will go on. So my opinion, as stated originally, stands as one grain of sand on a long stretch of beach where others are welcome.

And that's the way it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.