main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Would the reaction to TFA be the same if George Lucas had directed the movie.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fastcooljosh, Jun 8, 2017.

?

-----

1. more positive

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. more negative

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. the same as now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    Lets say he made exactly the same movie JJ did.

Do you think people would have bashed TFA more or loved it more ? Also would they call him out more about ripping off the classic, or prasing him more for giving the OT fans what they wanted since 1980 (83) ?

Sounds weird but there are people out there who really admire George and everything he did and people who really hate him /calling him the worst thing that ever happened to Star Wars (lol).

Kinda curious about what you guys think ?

btw I had a long discussion about that today with some friends (who are also star wars fans) during dinner and we came to the conclusion that people would be more negative.

Collin Tongue likes this.
  2. Collin Tongue

Collin Tongue Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2016
    That's really difficult to say imho because if Lucas hard directed it, it wouldn't be the movie we watched. There would be a different feel because it was a different director. Would George have made TFA a good film? I don't know, who can say really? But I know he had an idea for the story of episode 7 and Disney openly rejected it and wrote TFA instead. If George had full control of the writing and directing of episode 7 it would be entirely different from the characters and plots of TFA.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

It isn't a bad question. It just happens to be a question asked repeatedly in the existing George Lucas/Treatment thread.

Collin Tongue and TCF-1138 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.