main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Would the Sith be able to take on the Yuuzhan Vong?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otaku Jedi, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otaku Jedi

Otaku Jedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2014
    During the invasion of the Galaxy, the Yuuzhan Vong could not be sensed by any Force Sensitives, and thus they took the Galaxy by surprise and nearly annihilated all life on there. Since the Jedi were helpless against the Yuuzhan Vong, what about the Sith? Theyre Force users as well, but can they actually stand a chance against Yuuzhan Vong? They never elaborated on this in the books, focusing more on the Jedi vs. Vong, and plus I dont think even the Sith, no matter how powerful they may be can take on the destructive force of the Yuuzhan Vong. In fact, I'll even go as far as to say that the Yuuzhan Vong might be as powerful if not more powerful the the Sith. They accomplished what the Sith could only hope for, the near annihilation and conquest of the Galaxy. Kinda like the Reapers from Mass Effect, another powerful race of destructive beings. But yeah, Sith in my opinion are weak in comparison to the might of the Yuuzhan Vong military. What do you people think?

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Several threads exist on whether Palpatine participated the YV Invasion and how he would have dealt with it.
    You might want to check them out.

3. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Of course the Sith would fail against the Yuuzhan Vong. Not just because some of their force powers would be useless and the Vong's significant military strength, but because of infighting. Let's be honest, have the Sith ever had a collective society where there was no infighting?
    Also, welcome to the boards, Otaku Jedi.

Otaku Jedi likes this.
  4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Some say Palpatine and Thrawn were preparing the Galaxy to face the YV.
    Luke Skywalker once said a Galaxy Gun could have come handy during the YV War.
    And in fact, Nom Anor did wait untill the Empire was shatered to start scheming.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    That is just how everything seemed to conveniently pan out. Plus, most authors later on after a certain point agreed that that was what Thrawn was doing. But even Palpatine in his mad scheming, and just wanting to remain in control in general.....i somehow do not see him wanting to prepare for it, regardless of the Death Stars and Galaxy gun.

6. Otaku Jedi

Otaku Jedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2014
    Exactly. The Sith only seem to live to strive for greater power, and ultimately, that is their downfall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.