main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Would this be considered Fan Fic?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LarsKronus, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarsKronus

LarsKronus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Recently, at work, while wrapping a BBQ hamburger for a customer, I was hit with a rather (in my opinion) ingenius idea. But, would it be accepted as fan fic? Its not really based on any book or movie out there, just from my head and a hamburger. (The hamburger has a lot to do with it) But,anyway, would that be accepted? Or would the story get removed?

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    . . . What?

If you're talking about a story about a hamburger, then no, that's original fiction. If it's about a hamburger in someone else's universe, then it's fanfiction.

3. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Have Jules Winnfield eat the hamburger.

(Serious answer: What Dantana said)

4. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Fanfic has to include some media property (or an established fictional reality from one) portrayed as real. So no, if it's not at all based on something, then it's not fanfic and wouldn't fit.

5. LarsKronus

Jun 11, 2008
    Oh, ok, thanks for your help, back to the drawing board...*sigh*

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Is it a dancing hamburger? Because you could call that a "Better Off Dead" fanfic. "Everybody wants some!"

(okay, really it should be a pigburger)

7. LarsKronus

Jun 11, 2008
    No, its actually a romance story, but I'd have to write it down for you to get the gist of it, aw, to heck with it, I'll just write the 'hook' here...if that's permitted:

Our first meeting was the usual. She stood across the counter, in all her beauty, and the first words across her beautiful lips were, "I'll take a regular hamburger." I'll never forget those words, and my own back to her was, "Ok, do you want fries with that?" And that was it. She denied my suggestion and I went into the back to fix up her order. But there was something in this meeting! I continued to tell myself that as I carefully placed the onions on the meat, immacuately arranged the pickles and squirted on the mayo and mustard. Forget the fact that was what everyone told me just about, hot girl after hot girl. But this one would be different! So, with the stealth that always accompanied me and my often foolish actions, I fetched a pencil, some paper, scribbled my phone number on it and stuck it in with the hamburger. Gimme a break, best I could think of. I carefully wrapped it, as if it were the most fragile thing in the world, and in all actuality, it was, then, with reverence I handed it to her. To which her lovely response was, "Thanks." To which I replied, hopefully disguising my obviously lovestruck voice, "Of course, that'll be $2.45" And then she paid, turned, and walked away. Leaving me to hope, to wish, to dream of things that would never come to past. And what should happen, but a harsh voice interrupting my wonderful reverie with, "Hey! Youse gonna take my order?" But, maybe she would see, and all I would have to do was wait.

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, that's original fiction and not permitted. Sorry!

9. LarsKronus

Jun 11, 2008
    Any suggestions on which fic I can paste this on to? I would really like to put this out...

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Done that that? Probably not, since you've written their meeting, unless you have it as a canon character and an OC.

11. LarsKronus

Jun 11, 2008
    Please, pardon my ignorance, and I know I should know this by now, but what is canon and OC?

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Canon characters are characters that have been seen in fandoms (so in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for instance, it would be Buffy, Giles, Xander, Willow, etc.). OCs are original characters, or ones that fans make up.

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Lars: a canon character is a published character from a fandom (meaning any character that can be found in that fandom's literature/movies/TV shows/comics).

An original character is a character you have made up that belongs to that fandom.

Non Star Wars fan fic is for other fandoms. If your story took place in the Firefly or Men in Black or Harry Potter universe, then it would be acceptable. However, if a story has nothing to do with any previously written book or movie, it is original fiction.

There are other websites out there for original fiction on the internet; we unfortunately do not allow it.

14. LarsKronus

Jun 11, 2008
    Thank you all very much, sorry for the repeated questions and inquiries

Cheerio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.