main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would this make a good fight scene?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JMaster Luke, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I made one action figure movie so far called "The Hunt For Luke" it was funny most of u liked it. well anyway i'm thinking of a new movie to make with SW figures. would u guys like it if i had a fight scene that looked like this?

[image=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p506c04f7a2e8cfc5c9ce1d5780d212fe/fd4eff5b.jpg]

hope u like it

2. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I would love it if it had a fight like that! :D looks great!

3. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    lol that looks halarious!

4. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I think it looks "hilarious!"
    :p

5. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    2ppl think its hilarious. i thought cool would be better to describe the pic. but thats cool.

6. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    I don't see what's funny. Could someone please explain what's so funny?

7. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    What's Funny? What's funny, you say?
    Son of a pope, homer, what's funny???

It's action figures! On a table! With stuff... and... lightsabres...!

ha...

I'd like to know too, homer

I think it looks cool. But funny? Not really.

8. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    I loved the film "The Hunt For Luke".
    The scene looks good, I would like to see the animated version though to get its true feel, as the sound does so much for this and any kind of film. (Apart from silent ones!)

All the best,
    Pred

9. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    he he he! Its badly lighted action figures with lightsabers! hilarious! :D

10. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    LOL!!! OMG! THAT'S SO FUNNY!

I still don't get it. I don't see a single thing funny with it. Please, what's so funny?! The only thing I see is a badass fight going on.

11. ---VADER---

---VADER--- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2002
    Lol, looks like a sweet little fight. Like Homer said, I don't think it looks that funny... other than it's a bunch of action figures fighting. But I think it looks like it would be an awesome fight.

---VADER---

12. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I didn't really think it was funny, I was just making fun of WhisperingDeath's spelling. I think it might be cool if I could tell what was going on. The action figures are poorly lit. (lighted isn't a word, WD!) :p

13. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Argh fine it is a badass fight going on to you guys.

But all I see is a bunch of action figures with lightsabers and it caused me to laugh. I am sorry if that is a bad thing :mad:

Hardy Har Har I made spelling/grammer mistakes. Must I take everything through spell check before I post it, come on guys I don't believe we have to be formal about EVERYTHING.

14. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    We don't have to be formal, WD. I was just poking a little fun.

15. ---VADER---

---VADER--- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2002
  16. DarthPinto

DarthPinto Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    I don't know what's funny or not, but a 10-way fight would be really cool.

17. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    sorry for the poor quility of the pic. I didn't know how close or far to take the pic. Kinda sucks cuz i put some extra things in there that i know ppl would like. (Yoda's standing on top of a destroyer droid with his saber going through his head, and plo klo is back there too) but its a poor angle and not that clear. I'll take more pic sometime and hopefully the pic will be better.

this would be hard as hell to make into a movie, since i dont make the figure movies frame by frame like others do. I shot the scenes live with my hand just outside the cameras view. I dont know how i would be able to move 10 figures at the same time with only 2 hands and still keep them out of the camera's view.

18. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Ya, I think it would be really cool to see a bunch of action figures duking it 5 on 5 style! (although I will probobly laugh ;) )

Oh, and if anyone is interested in seeing a 10 man lightsaber battle the fan film 'Sympathy for the Devil' is going to end with a 5 on 5 battle in live action. The scene is scheduled to be shot over the course of 5 days.

19. Darth_Jerak

Darth_Jerak Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    There's a fanfilm called sympathy for the devil? Does the devil even exist in the star wars universe?

20. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    He does now?

21. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    You say that you would not be able to animate that many figures at once. Why dont you do two at a time using a bluescreen?

When your finished, you can composite it all together.

Just a thought.

22. Npoz1

Npoz1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    yea and i'm sure you could get a REALLY good key considering one desk lamp should be able to light it and the plastic shapes aren't too fuzzy :) I say go with the blue!

23. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    [Plug Plug Plug] No, the devil is not in the film. It is just a metaphore, the film is designed so it is completely omnipresent so the viewer will decide for himself at the end of the movie whether the light side of the force is his bag or if he has sympathy for the devil ;) And also the name 'Sympathy for the Devil' sure does stand out when put against things like 'Broken Alligience' and 'The Jedi of the Force' etc. I will post something about it up once I start filming, there is no reason to post a thread unless I have something to show right :) [/plug plug plug].

As for the topic at hand, how have you been doing trying to animate 10 characters without using stop motion? I am interested to see how you do it :D

24. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Since i dont do stop motion i think if i were to do that scene i would first show the jedi facing the troopers. a far away shot. just standing there. and then when the jedi attack i would tape the figures feet to a long wide book. where i could fit at least 10 figures. and i would glide the book across the camera (the book would be just below the cameras view, but the figures would line up right in front of it. i would glide the figures coming from one side moving to the other side of the camera.)

that would show that the jedi i running to wards the troops. and as they are running across the camera i would put blaster shots flying across the camera missing the jedi or hitting a few, but as the jedi are running i would make the sabers ignite one by one.

When the jedi reach the troops i could just show one jedi fighting a trooper over here, then shot another clip where another jedi is fighting another troop and so on. the only prob is when you see a jedi fighting a trooper u wont see no action going on in the back ground. only thing i could probly do is have a troop standing still just firing his blaster since i can't move the jedi, the troop the jedi is killing PLUS the jedi and troops in the background.

but hey i dont even have my dig video camera yet. so i haven't even started on my movie. IF i make another movie. still not 100% sure i will, but since alot of ppl liked my last movie i should make another one.

anyways is another scene i drew up today. its not as a big of a battle as the first pic, but it looks somewhat cool.

[image=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/pbbf3d330534fe2e8cbaf3dd4a72de034/fd4c8e55.jpg]

25. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    duuuuude did ya not see the new picture. i posted this pic some where else check out what they said

jedilover "OMG i think u are god. this picture is pure perfection"

Ewokkiller "MAN i wanna have your child. this picture RULES!"

Devilschild "Please pinch me this picture is F#%##% AWSOME. This has to be a dream!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.