main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you be disapointed if there is no Vader in the new series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by sergejg, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sergejg

sergejg Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2002
    I definatley would be extremly disapointed, although I think not having any apearances of Darth Vader is the most probable case (I read somewhere about GL mentioning that he won't have any key characters on the TV series).

To me the best SW TV series that could be done would be like it has been mentioned in several threads about Vader's Jedi hunt narrated by an old Luke Skywalker (Mark H.) to the new jedi order. However I don't want to have high expectations, but its just that I can't visualize a good post Episode III SW TV show with out Vader.

2. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    No, I hope he is not. I don't want a cheesy imposter Vader just for a TV show.

3. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I agree. To an extent. I would like to see Vader in the series.

However, I don't think they'll pull off an 'authentic' Vader. The problem isn't the acting(the guy's in a giant black straight jacket). The wouldn't get JEJ and that's the important part.

No one cares what Vader moved like: That's why they call him "The Voice."

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Why wouldn't GL get James Earl Jones?

I imagine we will at least get a Vader cameo on occasion.

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    It would be the easiest cameo considering he could put anyone in the suit.

You'd think he'd *have* to include Vader considering that he's such a big player post ROTS. I think we're more likely to get a cast of irrelevant imperial officers (maybe Tarkin?) building the DS and generally running around being crappy to people.

oh, and tons of Stormtroopers.

6. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    So we know for sure that the live-action show takes place between ROTS and ANH, or is this just wishful thinking and speculation right now? I haven't paid much attention to the rumors about the TV show, so I'm rather in the dark about what is known thus far.

7. Episode-0

Episode-0 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    Vader will be in the TV show. And not just cameos either. Remember what GL said at Celebration III, " The television show will be a spin-off about the minor characters, oh wait a minute, thats not entirely true...". REMEMBER THAT!!?? I'm betting the show WILL BE about Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi. GL knows people want suited Vader fighting.

8. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    JEJ would be an easy sell for the TV series, if it includes Vader (which would be completely insane not to include the Big DV, btw). I mean, if the studios can get him for the straight-to-video sacrilege that is The Sandlot 2, they'll be able to get him for the SW TV series, hook-line-and-sinker. Period.

9. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Sandlot 2, Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. Sebas

Sebas Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Honestly, I'd love to see plenty of Vader, but I think restraint is better here. In other words, we should see he and Tarkin should pop up every now and then.

Also, I totally agree about JEJ. He'd be a shoe-in.

11. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    even if vader doesnt say anything...he just walks by in the background or something would be nice...

12. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I see lots of people being dissapointed here; the Skywalker story has been told.

secondary characters!!

This means no Vader in my book.

13. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    As long as it isn't a sitcom set at Dex's Diner, it should pan out fine. I would have to hope that whoever these secondary characters are, they aren't of the Dex variety.

A few Jedi characters, now that would be good. Just imagine, we know that they're going to end up dead by the time the series ends, but as we follow their adventures they grow on us. Ultimately it makes for a more powerful demise, and the show will actually have some suspense -- these characters can buy it at any time.

14. Episode-0

Episode-0 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    GL said the secondary characters thing is not entirely true. What he meant was the main actors. Duh!!!

15. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    GL says a lot of things- we'll need to wait and see

16. Episode-0

Episode-0 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    Exactly.

17. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    episode-0:
    where did lucas say that secodary characters wasn't entirely true? duh!!

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I wouldn't want to see much of Vader even if it seemed likely.

My take on this is that less is more. There should be talk about what he and other big players are doing--perhaps references to their activities. But I don't want Vader on the show every week.

Fundamentally, I don't see how it could work. ROTS was a one time thing. I don't think they can sustain a television show with everything going completely down hill the whole time. At the very least, the characters in the film would have to survive from episode to epsiode. Which means, if he was a regular, Vader would have to fail repeatedly in trying to get them. And I think that would just be silly.

19. Episode-0

Episode-0 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    He said it at Celebration III without the "duh!!" :)

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I would be seriously suprised if there was not Vader in the TV Show.
    If only from a simple marketing point of view. Vader is the most popular movie villian in film history. In shot he sells.
    Hence TPM and Clones with no suited Vader you get breathing and shadow pictures of him and lots and lots of Vader in the Sith trailer despite only being in at the end.

Anyway all you need is as a tall guy in a suit and James Earl Jones talking into a microphone.

21. Rennboater

Rennboater Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    Would be nice to see Vader in the tv series, maybe a cameo? Wouldn't it be great to see young Vader fighting coz the suit seems to stiffen him up big time. Only time will tell.

22. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I see the points of all Y'all. About JEJ.

I also would have to say that a little vader action is almost a garunteee.

If the show's about the Rise of the Empire, well duh.
    If the show's about the purge, he's the most important part.

I don't see how they could do it with out a Vader, especially if they can get JEJ for tank of gas and a case of Bud.

23. Episode-0

Episode-0 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    The show will be about Vader just watch. Main character too not just cameo crap. And I also expect Boba Fett to appear in several episodes. Its what sells, its destiny.

24. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Its what sells, its destiny.

very true

25. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    I agree.

Vader, Fett, Stormtroopers all will be in the show.

I hope they will be able to get Ian for a cameo. Vader and Palpatine are a great duo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.