main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Would you be fine with one of the OT characters dying in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by InterestingLurker, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012

You did before I could.

2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I would think that based on times frames for the story, it will most likely be the first and last film with OT characters (except perhaps C3PO, R2, those types). Therefore, they either die in the film, or we find out they died in episode 8 (between the time frame of episodes). It depends on who you would want to give an exciting death to that happens on-screen, as far as who we actually see dying.
    It would be a gold mine for the story/movie to get Ford, Hamill, and Fisher (Billy Dee too?) to be part of the new story. However, these actors just don't have the look of a main-hero in an action-oriented movie anymore (2 of them need to work on a little fitness to even be ready to be in it as their previous character, but that is another story...); they will need to develop new, younger heroes for this story and for the next 2 episodes. Episode 7 should be the movie where these characters hand off Star Wars to a new generation of younger actors/characters. Don't beat a dead horse in the last 2 episodes.

3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Then part of the story would be that like his father, he broke the Jedi promise of no intimate relationships. Yoda was really down on liking the hotties ("attachments lead to the dark side").

4. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I'd be fine with all of them dying. They each need to die to serve some purpose and also need to step aside and not overshadow the new protagonists of this trilogy. Having them hover around by presence alone is like if Obi-Wan had not sacrificed himself to the Force in front of Luke in ANH as Lucas originally intended because it begged the question from the audience "Why isn't so-and-so doing such-and-such, he/she is like a Jedi Master/General/experienced/competent/powerful/influential/good shot/useful/wildcard/whatever? Why are they just sitting/standing there watching stuff and not at the very least being in charge or giving out orders."

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    -shrugs-

Sure, why not?

There are always....possibilities.

One hilarious way of getting rid of the entire cast is to put them on a ship and blow them up, forcing the galaxy to move on without them.

Could you imagine if they did that in the first five minutes of the movie?

Millions of voices would cry out in terror and then suddenly silence. Then the rage would begin, followed by several people who claimed they would never walk out on a Star Wars movie stomping their way to the car so they can go home and go nuts on the internet.

PK EDIT: Inappropriate .gif.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They've got to die sometime. Unless we're talking about Zabrak Sith Lords.

7. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    I would actually be very surprised if one, if not two, DIDN'T die...

8. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    I'm fine with any of them dying - except Chewie. Chewbacca needs to survive and get to rip some arms out of sockets.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    If done right, I'm fine with all OT characters dying.

10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Line them up and shoot the lot.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  11. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Their deaths must be suitably epic and/or serve as important catalysts for the rest of the series.

If done right, their deaths could very well up the ante for the forthcoming trilogy-- and I welcome it.