main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you be interested in a Star Wars game based on lightsaber dueling, similiar to "Bushido Blade"

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, Jun 26, 2002.

?

Would you be interested in a Star Wars game based on lightsaber dueling, similiar to "Bushido B

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

75.8%
  2. No

4.4%
  3. Don't Care

1.1%
  4. What's "Bushido Blade"?

18.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KorFallon

KorFallon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2001
    I would buy it if i could be Darth Maul.

2. Riku

Riku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    Four words: "Master of Teräs Käsi."

No thanks!

3. CrixMakin

CrixMakin Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2002
    Teras Kasi was rubbish precisely because it wasn't like that game. One hit with a saber (if delivered correctly) should be a kill, just like in Bushido Blade. It shouldn't just remove a piece of health bar.

Trouble is, LucasArts don't DO gore. So all lightsaber cuts would have to cuaterise. but isn't that generally what happens, like in TESB (Luke's hand)? Bah. Still they don't like the idea of fatal/dismembering lightsabers in games, is what I've heard.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Hell Yes! I would love to be Ki-Adi Mundi,Yoda,and If I could Yaddle.I can already think of an expanstion pack for it.Where you could be Sith,and Dark Jedi.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That would be a cool game...

6. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Wow, what a kick-ass game that would be. Bushido Blade has got to be the very best fighting game I've ever played and the thought of getting to use lightsabers in a game like that just rocks.

7. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    This definitely sounds cool. Is it a Mortal Kombat-sytle game, would it be more like JO?

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Bushido Blade is in it's own league in terms of fighting games. It's a realistic sword fighting game where a person can die in one hit in some cases...

9. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    So lucas arts doesn't like g_saberrealisticcombat 1?

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I don't know about LucasArts, but my computer certainly doesn't. That's got to be the buggiest easter egg I've ever seen. :p

11. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    does that cheat make it really gory?

Also, for what system. And would it be an rpg or just a choose your guy and fight, kinda like tekken or something..?

12. Traders_Luck

Traders_Luck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    if they could have the deep lightsaber fighing (with each jedi's endividual style) and other characters, like han solo, boba/jango fett etc

13. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    They'd probably add "Force cheats" for the Jedi characters to make defensive moves "autotarget". They should let characters like Han Solo and Boba Fett have vibroblades or other melee weapons.

14. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I like the damage calculation in Bushido Blade (get stabbed in the leg and you start hobbling around on one knee, etc.), but I'd prefer Soul Calibur-style controls and speed.

15. Traders_Luck

Aug 7, 2001
    "They'd probably add "Force cheats" for the Jedi characters to make defensive moves "autotarget". They should let characters like Han Solo and Boba Fett have vibroblades or other melee weapons. "

i ment blasters

16. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't know if letting them have blasters would make a very good fighting game though - especially if the Jedi can deflect every shot :)

17. Traders_Luck

Aug 7, 2001
    "I don't know if letting them have blasters would make a very good fighting game though - especially if the Jedi can deflect every shot"

there can be ways around that, like shooting faster makes it harder to diflect them back, and boba fett has other weapons in his arsonal

ie:rapid blasts of boba's blaster rifle keep luke skywalker busy deflecting them. suddenly fett shoots out a rocket catching luke off gaurd etc.....

and it is all dependednt on a players skill, in the hands of a skilled player a jedi will definately be the deadliest character.

18. young_zev

young_zev Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 1999
    Aren't we just talking about Teras Kasi again?

I'd prefer a Jedi/Sith/Dark Jedi only, lightsaber-oriented combat game.

It'd be fun to train, like you do in "Kengo" and level-up your sword-fighting abilities. Build your own lightsabers with different attributes.

No blasters, no blasters! :)

19. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    That would be freaking awesome...

20. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I've just taken a look at Bushio Blade - it'd be awesome to see a SW version, and it's very plausible :)

21. Lord_Darth_Bob

Lord_Darth_Bob Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    To someone who asked about Lord Sidious/Emperor Palpatine using a lightsabre: He does in the Dark Empire comic series and ALL Sith are trained in the arts of lightsabre combat. He wasn't always super powerful and old and able to throw Force Lightning you know. Palpy can fight with a sabre, and probably very, very well.

22. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Yes this would be an awesome game, and why not fight Jedi and Sith that use multiple fighting styles? that would be pretty cool,like Dooku dueling and attacking with his style Form II with incredible deftness of hand and precise crossparry moves, or Darth Maul and Mace Windu fighting against you with their extreme Form VII fighting style with aggressive moves and lightning fast moves from all directions.

Or Obi-Wan Kenobi standing still in one place using Form III to simply block and defend against attacks instead of aggressively attacking,or fighting Yoda who uses spins and cartwheels and constant jumping and lightning fast movements all the time to completely overwhelm opponents although he actually lets them wear themselves out first by allowing them to attack him first and then attacks after they become exuaste,special moves could be combos that knock lightsabers out of enemys hands or that destroy their lightsabers preventing them from continuing the battle any longer,or by striking their double bladed lightsaber in the middle destroying the ability to use double blades and forcing them to fight in the regular style, force attacks could be force lightning,force push,using the force to attack opponents with objects,or rushing them with lightning fast speed and hitting them so quickly that they cannot intercept the attack.

23. Guirun_Karyyk

Guirun_Karyyk Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey, I would buy it, particularly if there were Expanded Universe characters such as Exar Kun or Mara Jade in it (don't ask me how they would do this thanks to the disparaging time frame).

One thing I WOULD NOT like to see would be characters like Han Solo or Stormtroopers in it. I mean, I like Han as much as the next person, but he wouldn't last 1 minute against a Jedi and everyone knows it. About the only non-Jedi characters I could see would be the Imperial Guards, as you just know that they have to be exceptional combatants.

24. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    DarthBobbalot, the cheat enables limbs to be cut off, about it really. Guirun_Karyyk, I understand your points, but Han is probably in the top three most known characters in Star Wars, so that would definately take away from the nostaligia and overall appearance og the game. I do however, know a Jedi could darn an well handle him :). Boy, the idea of this kind of game would be great. Lightsaber combat would come to a whole new level if it was taken after bushido blade. YOu would ACTUALLY have to block the strikes at you correctly to stay a live in the match. Sure, JO is pretty darn good, but not that realistic. The only thing is, we can do ALMOST everything in JO that we are saying in here. We have all the levels we want, or we can at least create them if otherwise. The JO system would not work though for a game like Bushido though. I love the idea of possibly using the lightsaber yourself though, where if you block it the first time or miss, you lose. It would be very interesting indeed.

25. young_zev

young_zev Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 1999
    Any what about an extra section of the game where you learned the ways of the Force from a Master-- say, Yoda?

Basically, it would be a game version of Luke's training on Dagobah. As silly as it sounds, I think it would lots of fun to play mini-games where you learned to focus your concentration; starting with small rocks and dumb stuff, then gaining power until you could lift starfighters.

Finally, to pass on to the Combat part of the game, you would have to enter the Tree (or something like it.)

Your actions in there would determine your fate: Jedi or Sith.

Could be fun.

Of course, you'd allow people to jump straight into Combat Mode too, in case they just wanted a quickie fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.