main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Would you be interested in a TSS "Lightsaber Creation Day"?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Sep 12, 2002.

?

Would you be interested in a TSS "Lightsaber Creation Day"?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2004.
  1. YES

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
  2. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Sure as long as we dont have to sacrifice our selves to do it! ie. (Cutting Finger) :)

3. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Yeah, that's real funny. Just remember: when doing lightsaber construction and maintenance always make sure that your blade emitter is facing away from your body and outer extremities, and that your tools are not possessed by the spirits of multiple dead angry Sith Lords.

4. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey, you know how long in took me to get those crystals imbedded with multiple dead sith lords? I thought it would give my saber that "angry" touch.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, first you need to go to a section of space not listed on star charts and protected by an almost impenatrable barrier. Then you need to find the Sith culture that splintered off prior to the battle of Ruusan... ;)

MORE ABOUT THE LIGHTSABER CREATION DAY:

This day would be hosted by Moka and Talon, and basically, if you came to this, we would want you to leave with a lightsaber by the end of the day- or at least an 'almost made' one.

You could bring all the stuff you have to make one(all the parts you can muster and some super glue or clear epoxy), plus we have some parts that we might be able to donate, and we have access to a little workshop and some tools.

There are those in the TSS that are old hands at making sabers, and if they are there they can give you pointers too.

Ultimately, YOU would be making your saber, but we could give you help, suggestions or opinions only if you want it, and only as much as you want.

We may have some types of parts that would be available for a small price (my LED's for example, I went and bought, and if you wanted to pay me what I paid for them, you could have some). We could also do a Radio Shack and Home Depot run.

Check out the sabers we made already (http://talonwolfe.tripod.com).

I look forward to seeing your votes and replies.

6. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Since I am new here..can some one tell me what I would need to bring...and what the LCD things are?

I would love to do this and such..just need a day and place so I can get a ride :)

PT

7. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    that would be cool, would just need help on what parts i need and how to do it since i never tried it before :)

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    No problem, when we announce the day, we will include a bunch of info on LED's, handles, parts, whatever, so you can come as prepared as possible.

While it is possible to make a saber for $0, you end up buying little things and it adds up.

LED's are Light Emitting Diodes, and are small lights that come in different colors. They can be seen on Anakins saber in Episode II. You can get them in different sizes at Radio Shack, and a place in Vegas called Sandy's Electronics. Before you go buy any, do the next step to prepare:

Start accumulating electronics and machinery that are unused and unwanted. You'd be amazed at what you can scavenge from these things, like old cel phones, fax machines, Super8 film cameras, etc. Accumulate them and be ready to bring them with you.

Once Moka and I work out a date to do this, we will post it with more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.