main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you be interested in attending a North Carolina Fan Force Holiday Party?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by UniversalDestiny, Nov 10, 2003.

?

Would you be interested in attending a North Carolina Fan Force Holiday Party?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2003.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    The 13th is out for me. I have a final at 10am-12am (ug on a Saturday!) and will have 2 more finals that monday so will be stressed to get my studying done.

2. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Hmm. The 13th does sound better than the 6th since everyone else is going to be doing something that day.

So let's plan it for the 13th.

-UD

3. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Let's keep it on 12/6, I won't be able to do the weekend of 12/13 due to Lord of the Rings promotionss at Consolidated theaters.

4. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Thanks, Don. Yeah, this will be our second child, and its a boy, too. So, my work is done. :)

5. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah, the 6th is better, because whereas, I may be able to make the 6th, I definately can't do the 13th because I'll be learning how to Snowboard in Park City, Utah, YIPEE! :D Anybody got any tips?

6. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    So it's confirmed for the 6th?

Being from Michigan. My advice is to dress very very warmly. Think Randy from A Christmas Story almost lol.

Anyways, does anyone need to Carpool up to Raleigh with me? I have room for 3 in my car.

-UD

7. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I've never seen a Christmas story.

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    We are GO for the 6th!
    Saturday Dec 6 - 12 noon
    Adventure Landing
    3311 Capital Blvd.
    Raleigh, NC

9. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Sounds great to me :)

Who will be traveling up?

10. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I was going to, but I was asked to help with the Toys for Tots campain on Sat. from 10-2. Sorry guys, but the kiddies need toys more then I need to paint ball.

11. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I'll be there ready to play laser tag and any other cool games they have there. This will be my first visit to Adventure Landing. It sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to meet all of you in person.

12. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    So....this seems to be another thing that's going on IN Raleigh. Wish I lived in Raleigh. It must be Star Wars heaven there.

13. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    So why don't you go to christmas party? Is it a long drive from where you live?

14. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Thats awesome you can make it Stacey! We can finally meet you! :)

15. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Yes-Raleigh is atleast a 2 to 3 hour drive. It just seems to be so much more going on in Raleigh than Winston. The guys from galactichunter.com are always getting together. Alot of them are from around Raleigh and Cary. There seems to be more Sci-Fi convention/toy shows there.I would like to hang out with more of the fanforces but, it's hard for me to travel. I have a full time job,a booth at the flea market on the weekends and 2 dogs and 2 kittens.And I really need to find a PT job to help out financially.

16. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I would love to go as well, but I got advance tickets to see LOTR Fellowship: Extended Edition up in this area (Greensboro). Yes Raleigh is Star Wars Heaven Spooky, I lived there for a year and there was always something going on. What flea market do you set up at Spooky? Cooks in Winston? What do you sell?

Chris

17. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Yep-Cooks. It's kinda like a headshop with records and cds as well. Plus I have some figures from my personal collection that my wife has forced me to get rid of.We also have some pagan books and jewelry. Stop in sometime...... [face_devil]

18. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya. I'll be up there tomorrow probably around noontime. I'm going to follow Natalie and Chris from Natalie's Apartment to the Landing. I'll have my cell phone on in case anyone needs to reach me starting at 7:30 in the morning till I get up there. I'm going to have breakfast at the Crackel Barrel ethier in Jacksonville or Fuquay. I'm just going to take my time and enjoy the ride up there. :)

The number is 252-241-5702. I only have 50 minutes on it but if there are any changes. Just let me know!

Hope to see ya there and I'm ready for some Laser Tag!

-UD :)

19. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    How was the party? wish I could have been there!

20. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Whenever I get a chance to have fun with everyone, it's just a very special time! We did lazer tag first, and Beenca Spunpatch beat everyone at both lazer tag and minigolf, You go girl! some of the little kids kept nailing us on the top in laser tag, but we combined forces and shot back hard.

Everyone did well in the minigolf, tho everone had a shot at it, Stacey, me and Chris were tied at hole#9 with 1 over par. I lost my bearings on hole 15 with a 5 shot, where everyone surpassed me.

Jane did ok with pod racing (go karts) I kept being Subulba bouncing into others intentionally. I spun out Spunpatch at the very end. She'll get me back (he he he).

All in all, a splendiferous day :)

21. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Wow! You guys did have fun!

Well, we collected lots of Toys for Toys for Tots.

Oh, Don, did you get the pictures I emailed you?

22. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Hey Gang, I had such a great day on Saturday meeting Natalie, Chris, and Jane. I tend to be a big kid at arcades, so I was having a lot of fun beating the kids at Laser Tag and winning at mini-golf. I have never shot a better game in my life. It was sure cold for this Florida girl, but we managed. I hope on my next trip to the Triangle I can meet more of y'all from all over North Carolina.
    By the way, Tallon I will get you back for that spin out. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.