Oregon Would you be interested in attending a Sci-fi Convention in a city other than Portland?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mrvader13, Feb 16, 2004.

?

Would you be interested in attending a Sci-fi Convention in a city other than Portland?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Yes 6 vote(s) 85.7%
No 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Yes, as long as it isn't south of Eugene 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrvader13 Jedi Youngling

2. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I would love to attend San Diego this year. You can't really call the Portland Comic Book or the Eugene ComicBook Collector's shows a Sci-fi Con., even though at last fall's Portland Comic show I sponsored a table and had Darth Vader hand out SW cards. Not enough people show up in costume...
  3. Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Seattle has UBER-cons. They have a comic-con on the 29th, actually. Stan Sakai's gonna be there, he rocks...

Yes for me. I went up there for the Bruce Lee Exhibit just a while ago.

Fun at a con, lunch in Chinatown... sounds good to me.
  4. Bowen Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I would never bother with an inferior convention in Portland or anywhere in Oregon. This state is meaningless when it comes to anything of actual importance.

If you want a good convention, you go to San Diego. That's a real convention.

I'll be at Celebration III in Indy next year, I can't wait for that, and I might even try to go to San Diego Comic Con next year too but I just haven't decided. Money is no object, nor is time, it's just a matter of whether I actually feel like it, haha.
  5. AramysStrael Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't mind going to conventions in other cities as long as I had the means to do so. I just wish we could get more Star Wars themed conventions here in Oregon. I mean Creation isn't necessarily a bad convention, but it is more Star Treke themed than anything else. Granted there are all forms of sci-fi present, but you know what I mean. It would be nice if those powers in charge of the successful Star Wars conventions remember over here as well. Oh, well, that is my .02c
  6. Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Come on up to [link=http://www.norwescon.org/main.php]Norwescon[/link] next month! Alpha Base, Seattle's Rebel costuming group, will have a table and maybe even some activities. The 501st group will be troopin' it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.