So NV Would you be interested in this?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bleyd, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Bleyd Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been trying for a long time to get as many Star Wars fans in one place at one time. Who here would be interested in us having a potluck BBQ in the very near future? No date as of yet and no location. Just keep this in mind that this town is very large so the more central the location the better. (Is why I keep trying to get folks to Neonopolis) It's not on the other side of town for most and for those at the edge of town on either side it's not so bad. The potluck would be best at a public park. Something large and with a covered pavillion. Neon City Garrison had one not too long ago but it was in North Las Vegas. That's too far for some but it worked for those that attended as most just took the 215 to Aliante'. Last time I brought a small table and we put a bunch of our props on it to display/ show off.

Any suggestions?

The more people that get in on this the better the result will be. I'm looking to get 501st, Fan-Force AND Rebel Legion folks to this. The only reason why I'm thinking potluck is cause it's easy to organize. It's very informal and people can bring friends and family along without worrying about an entrance fee somewhere. For those on a tight budget it works too. If everyone brings something we'll have alot there.

Later if this is a success we can move onto stuff like bowling, pool parties, bar-hopping, whatever. Maybe even organize a massive costume outing on the strip. We've done it a few times but mostly 501st members. Mabe even a costume party where we put costumes togther. We've had armor parties like this where we come together to work on our armor and wind up just hanging out.

Feel free to post your thoughts or suggestions on this. The more participation the better. (I sound like a broken record, don't I?) [For those too young, a record was this round piece of vinyl that is played on a turntable simlar to a CD but using a needle instead of a laser and instead of crystal clear you get scratching and popping sounds. Ahhh, vinyl.]
  2. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds cool to me. I've already met you and some of the others that troop. Great bunch of guys. Definitely willing to go trooping with you all as soon as I get my armor done since there are a few more events to have reason to troop: TV and CGI series, C4?, and ANH anniv. + the 3-D film formats... oh, and the EPIII DVD release come Thanksgiving or Christmas time.
    I hear there won't be an IMAX format for EPIII though?
  3. MartyBrandt Jedi Knight

star 1
    This sounds like it would be a blast! Im actually trying to organize another "Trooping the Strip" Day. Im shooting for 5/18/05. I Graduate High school on the 15th. So this would be my way of celebrating.

We could have the pot luck that day, then get suited up and head off to the strip!

Let me know what you think,

-Marty
  4. Bruno_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Um... 5/18/05 was last week?
  5. MartyBrandt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oops sorry, 6/18/05. :)

-Marty
  6. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope I finally get my clonetrooper helmet soon. Its taking forever! I'll probably get my clone armor sent out to me finally but it'll still in raw kit form and won't be ready to wear yet.
  7. LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes Axia and I would love to bring our daughter too!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.