main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Would you be mad if we only got Original Trilogy content in the new Battlefront?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Seltraeh, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Seltraeh

Seltraeh Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2014
    I know I would. Not only cause I like the prequels but I don't think anyone can argue that some of the best characters and locations are from the Clone Wars era. When it comes to Battlefront, the Original Trilogy era just isn't as interesting simply because there's not as much potential for large scale and epic battles, at least in my opinion. I love the entire Saga and hope both trilogies are equally represented and I'd just be really angered if the developers were biased enough to ignore the Clone Wars era. Sadly, with the way things are looking, that could be the case. What do you think?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I wouldn't mind it in the slightest. Not everything has to include everything to be enjoyable.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    This can't go in the forty-thousand existing ZOMG BATTELFRNT!!1! threads why?

Also, prequels are terrible.

4. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I would actually be pretty stoked to see a full fledged product devoted to the OT again, for admittedly selfish reasons. My dissatisfaction for the prequel movies aside, I have no interest in clones or droids, and was not impressed with the aesthetics of the time period. Additionally, as I hope there is no "hero" class nonsense in BF3, the inclusion of PT era stuff would lend itself to cramming Jedi into the mix.

But of course my desires are likely not to be fulfilled, because there obviously is a market for PT era junk, and the odds are this game will be full of DLC. More eras means more maps to sling.

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    As long as there is a Hoth level set on Hoth.

Without a Hoth level set on Hoth I won't accept it as being a decent game

6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I would like to have PT era content, but if there's not I won't be heart broken.

7. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i could go either way, but i do agree that game-wise the clone wars is a little better. But i would not mind if they went old republic.

CoolyFett likes this.
  8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, this seems like the most EA route.

TX-20 likes this.
  9. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I want a Battle of Naboo level where the only way to beat it is to be clumsy.

CoolyFett, Seltraeh and Pensivia like this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Do we have to have flat delivery of any comms in VoIP chat in prequel era stuff to reflect the one dimensional characters and bad acting?

11. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm not a huge gamer, but I am curious about the new BF. To address the OP--I wouldn't be "mad," but I would be disappointed. I'd like to see the OT and PT represented equally.

CoolyFett likes this.
  12. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I'd definitely be a little annoyed if PT planets/soldiers weren't in the game, mainly because just having two playable factions would be boring. Also, planets like Felucia and Kamino were really fun to play on.

I also hope there are some Episode VII teams/planets in the game as well. The more the better.

Commander Krix and Seltraeh like this.
  13. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I wouldn't be mad, but I'd certainly be disappointed.

The PT is a great series for something like Battlefront. (The Clone Wars!? 8-})

I'd be okay with just the OT, but seeing the PT as well, would definitely be worth the money upon its release.

Don't forget Geonosis! :p

Seltraeh likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    As long as we get a PT only game for the 2nd Battlefront game then I don't care what they do for the first game and then an all ST game for the 3rd one.
    SW Lego did the PT and the OT in separate games. Did anyone complain then?
    But really. An OT era only game would be awesome!

15. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    Perhaps making the PT DLC. I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to get the PT. Besides, if I play the game with OT only, I might just get used to that, and decide not to get the PT DLC.

16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Not mad just uninterested now, i still own a PlayStation 2 for BF2. And playing for Maul, Jango and Dooku has always been fun. If anyone makes a Stars Game without the 2 main eras and fan service to one era i cant support that.

Commander Krix likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would be very disappointed because both Eras have been in each game and the PT era was even more important in B1 AND B2 that they can't change it without making me a little less interested.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I will be mad if we get PT era content at all. I'd prefer the game wasn't evocative of a terrible misstep in Star Wars history.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Said this earlier but they separated the trilogies in the SW Lego games.
    As long as the 2nd game gets PT material I'm cool with it. We need a game focused on the OT.
    How long until the game comes out anyway?

21. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    The ideal release date is around the same time of Episode VII.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

What if they put PT content in then game and then they force you to play it?

23. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I wouldn't have an issue with a level that included PT content.

Provided that content involves blowing up a film reel with the three films in it.

It could be based on Hoth

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I would be so disapointed if there was no Clone wars era content. I would love an Umbara or Dathomir map.

25. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014
    Haha this right here. Hoth(empire)....Hoth(rebels).....Hoth(empire).......and I'm lost in bliss:)