main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you be open to a Special Edition type treatment of TPM?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Strilo , Mar 27, 2004.

?

Would you be open to a Special Edition type treatment of TPM?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
  1. Yes

90.3%
  2. No

9.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Gat

Darth-Gat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2001
    I say it's a be YES to a Special Edition treatment for TPM. I have lost count how many Threads there as been for changes to the film, it must be in the top 10 thread themes for any of the Star Wars films. GL must realise something as to be done to the film to bring it up to the standards of the other Star Wars films. The OT had it flaws but they were minor, ATOC in my opinion only needs 2 or 3 changes.

These are the changes I would be over the moon with, if GL done half of them. Then TPM could be a less disjointed film.

1, CGI Yoda, this is a MUST, every Thread there has been, there as been a big call for a CGI Yoda. I have nothing against puppets, I prefer the Yoda from the OT to the CGI Yoda in ATOC. But the puppet in TPM was just poor in standard to the others and a CGI Yoda would be easier to put in.

2, GL did a scene where Obi-Wan was hiding from the Trade Federation driods in a Lake. The reason I would what this put in, one it explains why Obi Wan was wet when he met up with Qui-Gon and Jar-Jar. Two read my next change.

3, There is a deleted scence where Qui-Gon tells off Obi-Wan for not looking after his lightsabre, because Obi-Wan didn't turned it off when he was hiding from the Trade Federation Driod in the Lake. The reason I would like to see this put in, one it explains why Obi-Wan didn't deal with the droids himself. Two it would link with the scene in AOTC where Obi-Wan tells off Anakin for not looking after his lightsabre.

4, I would be grateful if something could be done with the scene, when Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Jar Jar are going through the planet core. When they are getting chased the second time by a sea monster, that monster does not also get eaten by another Sea Monster. Wouldn't it be better if Obi-Wan took the Gungan sub into a cave which the sea monster could not get into? I know there is no chance for this change to be done as it would be to hard to redo. Hey its got more of a chance then some of the other changes put forward by other people.

5, Get rid of the FARTING EOPIE, this is like the CGI Yoda, the most requested change to be done. It's just not funny and I love a good fart gag.

6, In the deleted scenes on the TPM DVD, Sebula uses his flamethowers twice. It would be fantastic if they could just put in just one of them, maybe the one when Sebula trys to flash Anakin agin, but fails this time?

7, The scene where Qui-Gon destroys the Sith Droid, yet another popular change on this thread. I would like to see it put in because it explains why Qui-Gon and Anakin are running to the ship.

8, This is the scene I most want to see to be put in, when Qui-Gon and Darth Maul are fighting on Tatooine. It the part which was cut out when Qui-Gon jumps on to the starship's ramp and Darth Maul jumps on the ramp as well, then Qui-Gon kicks or punches him to knock him off. I have notice that this scene is very popular, come on GL put in back.

9, This is a scene which was in the book of TPM, which would just make more sense of the scene. The scene is when they come back to Naboo and there is only 1 Trade Federation ship. In the book Ric Olie says "Where are all the other Trade Federation ships?" and Qui-Gon replies "What the point having a blockade when you have control of the planet!" I am paraphrasing what it said in the book. This scene would just help the film, it just tells you why there is only 1 Trade Federation ship. It was a question which most people I knew were asking when they was criticizing TPM.

10, This is something else from the book of TPM, more dialogue for Darth Maul. If GL just put in some dialogue for Darth Maul just after he had just run his lightsabre through Qui-Gon. Darth Maul could be goading Obi Wan, like Darth Vader did to Luke in ROTJ. I know this one has a snowball chance in hell being done, but it would be great if it did get done.

See you at the next thread for changes to TPM.

2. The_Jedi_Will_Die

The_Jedi_Will_Die Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2005
    Yes, just get rid of the creepy Yoda puppet.

3. CloudofSulfur

CloudofSulfur Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    NO!! I Hate Special Editons of Star Wars!!! The Original Trilogy was fine until Lucas went in and screwed it up!!! PLEASE PLEASE!!! NO MORE SPECIAL EDITIONS!!!!

P.S.> THE PUPPET YODA LOOKS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THE STUPID CG ONE!!!

4. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 5, 2005
    WAR! It was a clone! Between movies Yoda escaped the trap set by his evil clone brother and vanquished him, afterwards retaking his rightful place on the jedi council.

Coming soon to a comic-book shop near you...

5. Nef

Nef Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    I would love it if they re-did Anakin.
    The poor boy got one of the worst scripts!

...and they should put more of Quiggy in... *shifty eyes*

6. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I seriously doubt GL would re-cast Anakin in TPM-SE.

7. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I would, but what more can you do. And its aprequal so its not like u can change anything like putting hayden in ROTJ

8. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    There are two changes I'd make to this movie. First, I would take out all the footage that was added to the podrace sequence, when the DVD came out. Second, make Yoda digital. Everything else is fine.

9. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    CG Yoda and Add a dooku scene somewhere :) i'd be happy with those two.

I dont mind the extra stuff they added to the pod race, but if your gonna add more scenes at least make the special effects equal to the rest of the movie...they look like unfinished special effects that they just added on the pod race.

10. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/timmar/yod.png]

11. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    he's to bright in that pic, but still pretty good.

12. nyjet10

nyjet10 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    CG Yoda
    Less Pod racing
    Change Jar-Jar's voice
    Less Anakin talking
    More Darth Maul
    More Qui-Gon Jinn
    Make the Anakin leaving his Mom scene more emotional

13. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    The only way I would be in favor of a Special Edition for the TPM is if the CGI for ROTS is so awesome that it makes the CGI for TPM look horrible.

Even though TPM is in my opinion the 4th best movie in the saga (5th when ROTS comes out), in technical terms it is as perfect as it can be. I think Maul could have actually looked scarier if his look had not been so overdone, but other than that TPM is as perfect as it can be.

On the other hand I would be in favor of a AOTC Special Edition. Even though AOTC is my 2nd favorite SW movie, it is the worst in technical terms in my opinion.

14. Emperor_Dantius

Emperor_Dantius Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2005
    I would change Yoda.
    In episodes II, III, V, and VI, he looks similar, but in TPM, he looks really odd.

15. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Hmmm... Yes.

16. Wesyeed

Feb 5, 2005
    YIPPEEE!!!

MEESAHH LOUUDD AND OOOBBBNNOOOOXXIOUUSSS!!!

Naahhh... don't change a thing... it's perfect...

17. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    YIPPEEE!!!

MEESAHH LOUUDD AND OOOBBBNNOOOOXXIOUUSSS!!!

:confused:

18. Wesyeed

Feb 5, 2005
    Yooosaahh Mussinn Haavviinnn Liffeee Plaaayy wid Deesaaan Heeessaaann...

What's going on with the confusion face thingy? I understand what it says: Yipee!! Meesah Loud and Obnoxious...

NOw I'm confused?

Mesahh go nappy Now...

EDIT: Oh and Yeah an SE would be pretty cool. More pod race.

19. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I'm trying to figure out what the post had to do with the topic.

20. Wesyeed

Feb 5, 2005
    [yodavoice]Eeeevvveerryyyy Ttthhhhhiiiinnnnnggg[/yodavoice]

21. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Probably. I think TPM is good the way it is though, and any problems that it has will not be fixed by a Special Edition (besides chopping out a lot of Jar Jar's stupid antics).

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Wesyeed the spamming stops here.

23. Wesyeed

Feb 5, 2005
    Sorry about that Strilo, I was just being stupid. *knocks self over the head with keyboard*

Here's what I'll add to the discussion.

(Changes)

Gone: Obi-wan's line at the beginning. "Well the negotiations were short." Just Bad timing for this joke and the delivery wasn't good either.

Gone: Yoda puppet. Replaced with CGI.

Gone: Jar Jar's voice. Redubb the whole thing.

Gone: The jump into the pond.

Gone: Any Farting. It stops the movie dead. A comment on how bad it smells at the race track would have sufficed.

Gone: Jar Jar getting kicked in the crotch. Jar Jar landing on the gun turret, crotch first.

Gone: Redubb time... Re-input all of Padme's original on-set dialogue. Portman did a great job on the day of shooting, but not so much in post during the VO sessions. "Get to your ships" Was performed ten times better in the trailer. And i'm a believer in that every little bit helps, even a second or two of yelling.

Gone: Gungan Battle with Jar Jar showing off how cool CGI is. It was stunning once, but now it's tedious. (IMHO)

ADD: Dooku. A referrence. A shot of him in the senate chambers near Sidious. Something.

ADD: Like I said before. More Pod Race. It's just too cool.

ADD: Quigon's speech about the lightsaber. The more exposition, the better in this case. We need to learn more about the jedi and less about the political struggle in the senate. I still don't understand what that was all about.

ADD: Something, anything that tells us the force is an energy field created by living beings. To learn about microscopic plot devices before we learn about the Force is just silly. (IMHO) Without Ben's speech in ANH, we'd be scratching our heads during Luke's trench run.

ADD: A scene with young Han Solo talking to Anakin about who's a better pilot. Heck, I'd die laughing at this...

ADD: Not a big deal, but make space scene at the end less of a total accident. It's star wars, not the police academy.

That's all I have to say about that. Sorry for the Spam. I'm big enough to admit my stupidity. It wont happen again and have a good weekend everybody.

24. OBIWANARNO

OBIWANARNO Jedi Master star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    I think the film is brilliant as it is and voted no on the poll. But I still wouldn't mind removing the fart joke and adding Jackson's face to the final Naboo scene (but this isn't really special editon treatment as it will take less than a couple of hours to do).

25. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    This film is brilliant, gorgeous if I may add!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.